Accountancy Forum
Questions about CFSA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Questions about CFSA (/showthread.php?tid=5888)

Questions about CFSA - snarayan - 05-26-2009

Hi,

I am a Chartered Accountant, Project management Professional and Certified Internal Auditor. I am interested in pursuing a certification called Certified Financial Services Auditor(CFSA). I have a couple of questions in this regard
1. I want to know if this course is recognized in India & US.
2. Does this certificate add value if I am going to work on projects in Banking industry.

Please let me know
Shiv

- shafiqb9 - 05-27-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snarayan</i>
<br />Hi,

I am a Chartered Accountant, Project management Professional and Certified Internal Auditor. I am interested in pursuing a certification called Certified Financial Services Auditor(CFSA). I have a couple of questions in this regard
2. Does this certificate add value if I am going to work on projects in Banking industry.

Please let me know
Shiv
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You have such great qualifications and you still need another[0][0][0][0][0][0]

- irfan kazim - 05-28-2009

you are not need for any advice. because you are a chartered accountant. plz advised me how can i complete my ca with minimum time. Deos a single but reputed book enough to attempt a particular paper. Plz tell me about your attitude for study. How much time i must study.

- snarayan - 05-28-2009

Irfan,
When one feels that he knows too much, thats when the career graph starts to decline. Moreover as a consulting pro I need to constantly update myself with certifications to enhance my credibility and satisfy my clients. Anyway getting back to your question on CA let me know what kind of help you want as in Time, books, subjects I can throw some light. As far as time is concerned its quality and not quantity. Also let me know your strenghts and weakeness and my suggestions can become more productive. Enjoy reading
Shiv

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by irfan kazim</i>
<br />you are not need for any advice. because you are a chartered accountant. plz advised me how can i complete my ca with minimum time. Deos a single but reputed book enough to attempt a particular paper. Plz tell me about your attitude for study. How much time i must study.

- snarayan - 05-28-2009

Shafiq,

As a consulting pro i need to constantly update myself and these certifications help. I am eyeing on CPA and CFSA in the next 2-3 months;lets see how it goes.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shafiqb9</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snarayan</i>
<br />Hi,

Please let me know
Shiv

You have such great qualifications and you still need another[0][0][0][0][0][0]

- Mujahid - 05-28-2009

@snarayan

The answer to both of your questions are YES. For more details visit

http//www.theiia.org/certification/specialty-certifications/cfsa/

- awaisaftab - 06-01-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snarayan</i>
<br />Hi,

Please let me know
Shiv

Mr. Narayan I want to ask some questions from you amount the accounting profession of India, hence you belong from India

What is the average salaries of CA's in India? In Pakistan it ranges Rs.70,000-200,000

what the Cost and Works accountants in India have the right of Audit ? In Pakistan their counterparts Cost and Management Accountants have only the right of audit of Private Limited Companies?

What are the average salaries of Cost & Works Accountants in India?

What is the ranking of Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India among profession bodies of accountants?

As far as your question about CFSA is concerned I don't know about it.

Please reply earlier.

Thanks & Regards

Awais Aftab