Accountancy Forum
Declaration by Salaried Person - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tax (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Declaration by Salaried Person (/showthread.php?tid=5937)

Pages: 1 2 3

Declaration by Salaried Person - faisal_desperado - 06-06-2009

<b>For the benefit of employees,</b>
All those Agents, Accountants, Employers & Consultants (herein after be called as Agents)who are actively involved in the process of deduction of WHT of employees u/s 149 should note that now there is a provision which allows agents to adjust the income tax already paid by employees under the following sections;
231(a) WHT on Cash withdrawal from banks.
234 WHT on motor vechile.
235 WHT on Electricity bills.
236 WHT on phone / Mobile bills
If any employee presents WHT certificate(i.e. evidence of tax paid under the aforementioned sections) to his agent, then agent is liable not to deduct the tax as much as already paid by the employee on the above, for this purpose get a form signed from the employee,attach evidence & retain the same for the period of 5 years.
The form is available on FBR's website , if any person is unable to approach there then mention the email address , i will send the same ,

Best Regards,

- Farhan2009 - 06-10-2009

kindly send me at this email adress
knowledge.gainer83@gmail.com

- faisal_desperado - 06-11-2009

Hi Farhan,
Sheet has been sent to your email address.

Best Regards

- aliali - 06-12-2009

send me the same.also give section reference
njmicc@yahoo.com

- faisal_desperado - 06-13-2009

Sheet will be sent to you soon ,
What section reference to be provided ? Form is also available on FBR's website and it is valid reference thus does not require any section reference.

Best Regards,

- awaisaftab - 06-15-2009

Dear Faisal Desperado

Please send me the same on my emil. Its as follows

awais1319@yahoo.com

Regards,

Awais Aftab

- faisal_desperado - 06-15-2009

Sheet sent.

Regards

- awaisaftab - 06-16-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by faisal_desperado</i>
<br />Sheet sent.

Regards

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thanks a lot

Regards,

Awais Aftab

- abbas_chinikham - 06-22-2009

Please send the same at abbas_chinikham@hotmail.com

- faisal_desperado - 06-22-2009

Dear,
Sheet has been sent,
please note that this is applicable for the Tax year 2009 only,
some of these clauses have been changed in the Tax year 2009 -2010.

Best Regards,

- abbas_chinikham - 06-22-2009

Faisal,

Thanks for your email. Can you explain the changes made in this budget? Will be thankful !!

- faisal_desperado - 06-22-2009

Abbas, I will send the revised sheet soon.

Best Regards,

- altee.itsme - 06-24-2009

kindly send to me tooo.
mail address is
altee.itsme@gmail.com

- faisal_desperado - 06-24-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by altee.itsme</i>
<br />kindly send to me tooo.
mail address is
altee.itsme@gmail.com
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Sheet Sent,

Best Regards,
Faisal

- Queries - 06-29-2009

is the advance tax paid on electricity allowable to individual.following is the extract of sec

"<b>Electricity consumption</b>.- (1) There shall be collected advance tax at the rates specified in Part-IV of the First Schedule on the amount of electricity bill of a commercial or industrial consumer.

(2) The person preparing electricity consumption bill shall charge advance tax under sub-section (1) in the manner electricity consumption charges are charged.

(3) Advance tax under this section shall not be collected from a person who produces a certificate from the Commissioner that his income during tax year is exempt from tax.

[(4) The tax collected under this section [up to bill amount of twenty
thousand rupees per month] shall be minimum tax on the income of a person (other than a company). There shall be no refund of the tax collected under this section, unless the tax so collected is in excess of the amount for which the taxpayer is chargeable under this Ordinance in the case of a company.]

reading this section i think indivdual cannot claim.please clarify me.