Accountancy Forum
Question concerning ICAEW... hope someone can help - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Question concerning ICAEW... hope someone can help (/showthread.php?tid=62)

Question concerning ICAEW... hope someone can help - sumaaan - 05-08-2003

I am an ACCA student in Pakistan.

I've heard that when u've completed ur ACCA, u claim exemptions from ICAEW (yeah i'm talking abt ICAEW at the moment), and after that u need only three years of work experience along with studies to clear ur exams and become an ACA (CA's of ICAEW)...

So my question is if anyone can answer... the three years of work experience that we need for ICAEW after ACCA, is this articleship of three years after we have completed the whole three year articles of ACCA or even if we haven't done the three year ACCA articles, we are only to do a three year ICAEW article?????

- sirhandi - 05-09-2003

dear sumaan u have to take 3 papers of ICAEW(yes i am talking bout
ICAEW) if u r reg under UK stream...if u r regd under int stream
then u have to take 7 papers...ie 4 of acca n 3 of icaew..rite n as
far as training is concerned well u have to take articles for icaew
just like u do it for icap....that is u will have to fly to england
n get ur regd for icaew articleship....i think its simple..

regards,

sirhandi

- sumaaan - 05-09-2003

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

regards,

sirhandi

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

With all due respect, I need to clarify one thing... I'm talking abt the articles not the number of exams one has to appear in.

I'll make my question a bit simpler...

We have to do three year articles after ACCA to become a CA (ACA) from ICAEW... But does that stipulation comply to only those who have also done their ACCA three year articles? ... Or even a person who hasn't done articles for ACCA only have to do three year articles after ACCA to become a CA from ICAEW?

- sirhandi - 05-10-2003

dear sumaan i think i made it clear enough that a person after
completing acca has to do 3 yrs articles under the regeisteration
for icaew....no matter whether u have done it or not prior to reg
...the point is u have to do it from eng n a registered one...

regards,

sirhandi

- khawerjavedqazi - 05-15-2003

Dear Sumaan I think that Mr. Sirhandi has made it very very clear about the Articleship with Institute of Chartered Accountants In England & Wales.
Let me clear you further that if you do articleship with the ICAEW for three years then you need no further articleship fot the ACCA.<font face='Comic Sans MS'></font id='Comic Sans MS'><font color=blue></font id=blue>

- sumaaan - 05-16-2003

Thankyou everyone. That was all I wanted to know.

- Paki - 06-06-2003

hay summaan u forgot to thank khawarjaved sahib, he even took the trouble of making it clear to you what ICAEW stands for (yeah I'm talking about ICAEW, wow)

Me rulz

- syedhassan - 02-09-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sumaaan</i>
<br /><BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

regards,

sirhandi

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

With all due respect, I need to clarify one thing... I'm talking abt the articles not the number of exams one has to appear in.

I'll make my question a bit simpler...

We have to do three year articles after ACCA to become a CA (ACA) from ICAEW... But does that stipulation comply to only those who have also done their ACCA three year articles? ... Or even a person who hasn't done articles for ACCA only have to do three year articles after ACCA to become a CA from ICAEW?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
hi... sumaan..
few days back i read the fresh comments on the ICAEW web-site..
and it says...
"for AN acca member(who's done 3yr. articles ) is 2 years further...at a UK firm and also some new..AUDIT paper exemption for ACCA is still in process...
cheers..
syedhassan..

ACCA

- sajjad_dar2000 - 02-10-2005

ICAEW TRAINING CONTRACT/WORK EXPERIENCE

1) take exemption for ICAEW If you are entitled to do so
2) take a suitable training contract to get ICAEW work experience
3) 3 years work experience needed to fulfill the ICAEW requirement to become their member
4) training contract should only accepted if you are working with ICAEW recognize firm/ICAEW training autorised firm.
5) clear your ICAEW papers during your training with ICAEW authorised firm.

Now you are ICAEW qualified…[)]

Sajjad Dar