Accountancy Forum
2 years ICAEW training waived to ICAP members - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: 2 years ICAEW training waived to ICAP members (/showthread.php?tid=6221)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Odyssee - 07-27-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mroneflower1</i>
<br />so there is no a single quality teacher for ACCA P6 and P7 paper in biggest city of pakistan karachi, but still ACCA is easy and everyone can pass ACCA examinations. its really fun Eerytime you visit this site and read posts. Enjoy

All important and necessary areas of old 3.7 papers has moved to Current Financial Management paper.

According to my Information EY pays at least 15,000 Pak ruppes to ACCA Exam Qualified, as a starting salary.

To register with ACCA min entry requirements are

<b>two A Levels and three GCSEs or equivalent in five separate subjects, including English and Mathematics.</b>

or

<b>21 yrs of age without any qualification.</b>
http//www.accaglobal.com/join/acca/entry

so Mathematics at A-Level is manadatory,

on other hands to register with ICAEW min entry requirement are

<b>Although most of our students enter ACA training with a degree, it is possible to train for the qualification immediately upon leaving school, as long as you have at least two good A2 levels.</b>

http//www.icaew.com/index.cfm/route/159082/icaew_ga/en/Qualifications/Train_for_the_ACA/Entry_routes/A_Level_to_ACA

So regsiter with ICAEW its not manaatory to study mathematics at A-levels.

or

<b>25 yrs of age without any qualification.</b> (I provided link exaplining this entry route in thread,<b> Who wants to do ACA from ICAEW.</b>

Its really rustrating that ppl claiming to be ACCA students and ACCA Exam qualified do not have basic information about ACCA and therefore are being exploited by ICAP.

Moreover If one register with ACCA under MSER(21yrs), the does not become ACCA normal student unless person pass F2 and F3 within 2 yrs. If person does not pass F2 and F3 within 2 yrs then person cannot continue ACCA studies.

On other hands person who register with ICAEW under MSER (25 yrs) become ICAEW regular student from day one.

In short ACCA min entry requirtements are higher than ICAEW (ICAP yardstik). I am giving ICAEW examples again and again as in pakistan accountant (ICAP) on understand by examples are given with reference to ICAEW.

About MBA ppl exemption question in ACCA. Person who asked this question alraedy know everything so no need to answer or expalin.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Just want to make a correction<b>"2 A Levels and 3 GCSEs or equivalent in five separate subjects, including English and Mathematics".</b> That does not mean that Mathematics at A-levels is mandatory. It means that Mathematics and English is mandatory at <b>O-levels</b> (NOT A-levels) so as to register as an ACCA student. O-levels is equivalent to GCSE. So, a person who will register through the Professional entry route needs to have 2 passes in A-levels in ANY subjects and 5 passes in O-levels including Mathematics and English.

I have friends who are ACCA Affiliates and are inducted in EY karachi during this year and their stipend is Rs6,500 per month(same as CA-Inter). Those who have passes in either P6 or P7 get Rs9,500 per month.

I have already quoted Michael Mainwaring, who is himself a teacher at LCA, and he says that "You can pass this exam by writing crap". This does not in any way mean that the syllabus of ACCA is crap or the student who has passed the ACCA exams does not know anything about the syllabus. It means that, at times, those who do not have a <b>complete understanding</b> of the overall syllabus can pass their exams and i have already given an example that you would hardly find a recently qualified ACCA Affiliate who can explain you IFRS-4, even though it is included in the syllabus of P2"corporate reporting". Dont get me wrong; ACCA is a great qualification in terms of the knowledge u gain. But there are some flaws in the examination process, as mentioned by Michael Mainwaring, which need to be addressed so as to maintain its quality.

- Odyssee - 07-27-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ausmanpk2001</i>
<br />Keeping all these discussions aside, I'm an ACCA student & really want to sign an ICAEW training contract with a big4 firm so as to qualify as a CA-ICAEW, CA-ICAP & ACCA within next two years!

Secondly, the marking criteria post is really absurd. The examiners may be under time pressure, deadlines etc but there is a very clear marking criteria which acca publishes after results & is available on the website with past papers. The marking scheme is very clear to the extent that how much marks to award per point & how much marks for writing clarity etc etc.

Secondly, here I can certify with PERSONAL EXPERIENCE that no one passes without writing a good enough paper. I don't know how & why some people claiming to be ACCA students are saying things like in the above posts.

@ausmanpk2001
I have the same career ambitions as you have.

Regarding my post about the marking criteria, i have quoted Michael Mainwaring, teacher of P3 at LCA, who has criticized the ACCA marking procedure. I have merely based my argument on his comments.

- Goodman - 07-27-2009

Dear Odyssee

You quoted michael mainwaring's golden words to pass in an attempt to enlighten all of us.

Would you now please be kind enough to again see the same manual and tell the forum what year did michael mainwaring himself passed the ACCA's so called crap exams.

In the light of your answer i will then draw your attention to another aspect of your discussion.

- Odyssee - 07-28-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Goodman</i>
<br />Dear Odyssee

You quoted michael mainwaring's golden words to pass in an attempt to enlighten all of us.

Would you now please be kind enough to again see the same manual and tell the forum what year did michael mainwaring himself passed the ACCA's so called crap exams.

In the light of your answer i will then draw your attention to another aspect of your discussion.

first of all, ACCA exams are not crap. i never said that nor do i believe that. I would appreciate if u do not put words in my mouth! Some papers of ACCA are very challenging and require a deeper analysis and critical thinking. The problem i am discussing is that some papers of ACCA can be passed without a complete understanding of the overall syllabus. Thats what Mainwaring said, and keeping everything in perspective, i agree with him.

An introdcution of Michael Mainwaring is available on LCA website on the following link
http//www.londoncollege.org/about-us/tutors#mw
LCA is a Platinum Status Tuition Provider for ACCA qualification.

On a lighter note; anyone attempting P3 should try Mainwaring's Study Manual. It contains some great tips to pass your paper.

- Odyssee - 07-28-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mroneflower1</i>
<br />Dear Odyssee

thanks for your post. i know GCSE means O-levels. To study Math at A-Levels in manadotry, however i will double check with ACCA.

Michael Mainwaring is not qualified Accountant. He is M.Sc. He used to teach in Kaplan Finanial, but due to some problem with Kaplan management he left Kaplan and joined. He teaches ACCA current paper P3 or used to teach ACCA old paper 3.5.

Dear mroneflowerpk1,

Actually, i have myself registered as an ACCA student after A-levels. I had passes in Accounting, Business Studies and Urdu in A-levels. I didnt attempt A-levels Mathematics and English(English is not an A-levels subject, it is AS-level). In O-levels, however, atleast a C grade(70%) is required in Maths and English so as to register through the Professional entry route.

So, i am pretty sure that A-levels Mathematics and English is not mandatory to register as an ACCA student.

- kamranACA - 07-28-2009

Goodman,

Brother it appears the untiring efforts of Admin and indirect effects of the man discussed by you have succeeded bringing BOI back.

I think Admin was extremely busy in bringing BOI back that's why their so-called SOPs have been sleeping so far. Let's see when the memories of such SOPs will be restored.

Certainly they have to watch their interest and keep their cash flowing towards them.

Regards,

Kamran.

- Goodman - 07-28-2009

Dear Kamran ACA

you did the correct analysis of situation. In todays corporate world with cut throat compet. one might be willing to accept such substandard practices but one should not bring any person or his qualification in to disrupute. Language used by some members against ICAP is out of order. I think even in UK and USA, future accountants will be coming from institutes like ICAP. ICAEW has played a very clever game and I hope our ICAP friends make the best use of the impending opportunties.

- kamranACA - 07-28-2009

Dear Goodman,

One should not give others the chance of making fun of him but some funny people cannot understand this simple formula. He could not even think for a moment that where-from the poster could hail from. Please advise him that you are not from ICAP. So you are not the so-called alleged day dreamer. May be the disclosure of your qualification fall on him as an electric shock. Of course he is unable to witness successful people like you from among his own Pakistani community because his heart does not accept this reality. His on-going grouses for homeland and countrymen depict his level of expectations and understanding.

Here it proves that a lot more depends upon personal capabilities, intelligence, honesty, efforts and background.

I acknowledge that my brother Goodman is a qualified accountant from UK, is in a sustainable and graceful public practice both at Pakistan and UK, and has lot more capabilities than what we can look at by going through his small precise posts on this forum. He is a level headed and intelligent professional accountant, businessman, critic, computer programmer, software analyst and engineer and what not and what not.

I may let the people know that he is also a wonderful pilot who has given a standing offer to fly me from UK to France on a charter aero-plane so that I don't face the difficulties of the journey through sea steamers, which in fact I dream for because of inspirations raised after reading Mustansar Husssain Tarar's book "Piyar Ka Pehla Shehar". By the way, may I remind that "Piyar Ka Pehla Shehar" is part of syllabus of Master in Urdu, at a Russian University.

Notwithstanding the fact that Goodman is one of the most competent professional accountants, I also feel he is even better a human being than a professional accountant.

Having said the above, I once again remind the funny critic that if some one has to discuss the blunders, he should first of all, discuss his own blunders. He should clarify why he had directly or indirectly been deceiving the people by creating fraudulent wrong images and continuous mis-representations at a public forum. He should give the reasons at the forum that why he used two IDs at the same time "mroneflower" and "MasudCA" thereby claiming ACCA designation for the earlier and CA from Scotland for the later unlawfully, and unjustifiably. May I remind, he used ACCA designation (member) from 2006; while he qualified as an ACCA affiliate in December 2008. He should discuss his blunders before messing the discussion forum by his similar words for others. He should discuss and explain his position why he was expelled out and why his non-sense was carved out and thrown away by the ADMIN. Is this not hilarious that he never comes up with an explanation to his criminal acts for which he was badly punished irrespective of his so many requests for forgiveness and even then keeps on poking his nose in unrelated affairs? He should let the readers know why he keeps on finding ICAEW contract with Pakistani firms, why he tried ICAI and left unsuccessful, and last but not least, WHY HE DAY DREAMED HIMSELF TO BE A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT by using a nick MasudCA? What could else be an example of day dreaming and living in fool's paradise?

Why a struggler who tested his-self in ICAI, ICAS, ICAP (doubtedly) {in all of these he failed} and MA, and ACCA (which he qualified in 31 years of age) and God knows what else, advises the others not to do anything else but ACCA. Is he not funny? Should he complaint that people must not make fun of him? May God raise his level of understanding!!! And, may God make the Admin to apply their SOPs so that the mess could be cleared!!!!!

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- kamranACA - 07-29-2009

Dear Forum Members,

I may recall a story / joke, that suits the situation. The son of a low caste man living in a village asked him that who will become the NUMBERDAR (a person designated by Government to collect its levies thereby enhancing his worth and strengthening his localized position) if the existing one dies?. The reply came, "his son". The kid again asked "what if he also dies"? Reply was given, "then his brother or some other close relative"? The kid again asked, "what if he also dies somehow". The father replied, "mind it, you cannot become NUMBERDAR even if all their family members will die since you are a low caste kid".

This story/joke highlights three things simultaneously.

Firstly, the low caste kid was wishing to become NUMBERDAR by indirectly wishing the death of existing NUMBERDAR's family members i.e. an illicit wish which shows the level of frustration that such low caste kid was facing.

Secondly, he was showing much more concerns about the expected deaths of NUMBERDAR family than what could be expected from a third unrelated person. This means that he was not in fact concerned about such expected deaths, rather, was wishing such deaths. Just like a vulture (Gidh) wishes the death of other living beings.

Thirdly, it has to remain an all times fact that a low caste kid cannot become the NUMBERDAR.

So, dear worthy members,

I know that all of you would understand what this story/joke refers to, but for clarity, let me give a clarification note as well. There is a man who has (as per his claim) nothing to do with ICAP or its designation, but is much more concerned about its worth and carries "low caste kid's" expectation of its failure (death) while none of the members of ICAP has any such concern.

Further, the man is so concerned about 4000 members of ICAP and advises to enhance it so that the people like him can enter in its net. He does not understand that even if this number will increase from 4,000 to say 40,000, he will never be able to have such designation. His on-going intent of getting contract with CA firms in Pakistan is evident from his previous posts where he admitted that he keeps on contacting firms in Islamabad for inquiring availability such contracts/placements.

Although the low caste kid knows that even all the family members of NUMBERDAR will die, he cannot become NUMBERDAR, but as a matter of fact this inability does not make him to live peacefully and calmly within his own low caste means. He keeps on carrying Vulture’s mentality about ICAP and its members in specific and Pakistanis in general.
I must say sorry from the people of all other qualifications/designations and make it clear that this resemblance has been made intentionally and has to be viewed specific to one person only. I have all the due regards for other qualifications and forum members.

At the end, I again remind the members that this man was proved a criminal where he claimed fictitiously/fraudulently the designation of CA from Scotland (“MasudCA”) which shows the level of his frustrations. Further, he used ACCA designation in 2006 while he qualified as an affiliate (and was not a member) in December 2008. His illicit activities and posts were carved out and he was expelled from the forum. Be aware of his lies, frauds, misrepresentations, and criminal acts. It is in the best interest of all the members.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- kamranACA - 07-29-2009

Dears,

Stupidity at its maximum!!! He does not know that no one talKed about ACCA. It was in fact about him.

He is doing every thing but not telling why he day dreamed to be CA from Scotland using nick "MasudCA" at this forum? What made him to do so? Can he tell the reasons why he was kicked out?

He also does not tell why he claimed to be ACCA member in 2006 while he qualified as affiliate in December 2008.

He has no reason to explain his frauds.

Every one knows.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- tariqsohail - 07-29-2009

I don't know...for which purpose you guys are fighting. Guys we are too small to comment like this about big institutes (ICAP, ACCA, ICAEW and all others in the world). These institutes never came to this level on the basis of suggestions made on this forum. They know better than us that how they need to operate.
We have right to express our view but it should not be in a way that we start humilating institutes from where we are getting our qualifications after burning our days & nights.
I hope you guys will take your personal things out of this forum and will settle these things outside rather than giving poor impression to new learners who might discourage due to personal issues than actual facts.
Regards,
Sohail

- kamranACA - 07-29-2009

Dears,

There is no personal issue. A man acted fraudulently on this forum and was banned for his criminal acts due mainly for the reason that he was lying with forum members.

He is not a CA and used this designation (using another ID MasudCA) for which he does not offer any reason. He was not an ACCA in 2006 and used this designation as well. He used two IDs to deceive forum members and he does not explain why he did so. Unless and until he stays here I have to remind him his criminal act that is dicreditable to a professional.

A low caste kid's wishes cannot make some one's family to die and the urge of a vulture cannot end up the lifee of other living beings. I am not discussing the worth of ICAEW and ACCA here. My questions are too much specific and are related to the forum activities.

I know this forum (as well as a low caste kid) cannot affect any institute of the world.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

<br />Dear Sohail

Trust me ICAP and its members lost their mental balance as ICAEW kick them hard. Seriously they thought if they(ICAP Members) will get ICAEW membership under MOU then their ICAEW membership will be recognised in all part of the world where ICAEW has MRAs, but this does not work as per their (ICAP) wish, as a result they lost their mental balance.

Plz do not call ICAP big institute, how could ICAP be big institutes who cant handle one MOU properly. seconly they have illusion that everyone wants to be ICAP member, They are funny ppl

So ICAI(India) signed MOU with ICAA(Aus), where ICAI(India) already has MRA with CPA(Aus) in place.

Lets see ICAP next move. I hope ICAP may be able to compete with ICAI(India).

Mr. Flower,
It shows inside of a person when somebody putting such kind of comments against a prestigious institution (ICAP in this situation).
I am not a member/student of ICAP or ACCA but I have equal respect for both Institutes and as a Pakistani you can say I would have great respect for ICAP despite of the fact that I never try to do CA.

The way you are giving comments about ICAP it changed my thinking about you. In the first I was thinking that your providing fair comments on the basis of your exeperience but no..I was wrong, you are biased about ICAP (I don't know) for which reason but your above comments will destroy your all efforts which you try to let ICAP down.

I would again suggest forget personal things and try to be positive and try to make efforts towards positive side which can help future learners of this forum.
Regards,
Sohail

- kamranACA - 07-29-2009

Sohail,

I again let you know, he is the cheater of his own kind and has been proved to be fraudulent and lier many times on this forum. Believe you me I don't even know who is he in a personal capacity and have no personal issue with him at all.

The difference is, people get to know him after wasting much amount of time while I succeeded identifying him after exchange of one or two posts only.

May I tell you that at another thread at "Career", ADMIN declared that this man is fraudulent, used two IDs, falsely claimed to be CA from Scotland, (also falsely claimed to be ACCA in 2006, which was not discussed by ADMIN) and for continuing misrepresentations and falsehood he was banned and thrown out of the forum. This was not what I declared. Although ADMIN investigated his case only and only on pointing out by me but the findings of ADMIN were independent. I told the forum members way before the ultimate outcome that this man is a cheater.

I again place on record that I have no personal issue with this crap. Just like you see people protesting against shoe advertisements and porn stuff posted at this forum, I feel it my moral obligation to keep all the new and old members of this forum informed that he is a fraudulent and cheater and was proved as such. Just like the people objecting porn are not doing it for personal reasons, I am also not doing it for personal reasons.

I hope you will understand.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

Agreed with Mr. Kamran.