Accountancy Forum
Professional studies with free mind? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Professional studies with free mind? (/showthread.php?tid=6304)

Professional studies with free mind? - Black theif - 08-01-2009

salamX,

I need to know that as majority say we have to be Sofi or get isolated for doing CA..............??

meanX no Longer relation,bcM a buK warM?????

ypP,maNy pPLz do like dat but at de eNd when they compLets their stDz but no Longer any relatioN}

woNNa hVe urR comEntss..

- Rani khan - 08-02-2009

No this concept is totally wrong. however it is fact that if u take anything too much serious and make that a great tention then u become sofi. but this case is not just with Charter accountants. Many doctor and engineers do alot of study n then attain desired aim but i never see that he\she broke his\her relations. its just a useless matter. YOu just think that u've to do this not this that its difficult of something like this
remember it'
" To have a failure is life is not a crime but to have low aim in life is the crime"

- ausmanpk2001 - 08-02-2009

You'll have to limit your activities but don't have to end them or break relationships.

- Black theif - 08-31-2009

Hi,

Hope you doing good.As per your last comment i need to further query that there are some relationships which tounting me great with respect to time,and all the matter is going countrary.

Bcz Institute leaves us half day latre then we could hardly rest and then to get start on mission,no time in the pocket.

- ausmanpk2001 - 09-01-2009

You'll have to limit your outgoing timings. I don't know what type of relationships are giving you hard time & I suppose that they are your friends as that is usually the case with most of the students.

I hope my case would help you

For me studying for professional studies meant no longer staying out with friends till late nights 12 o' clock etc but that didn't damaged my relationships. During the studies I go out for 1 or 2 hours daily & lots of hours in the weekends. You have to manage your timings. My friends understand that I have to study & that I cannot be with them all the time like before. We spend an hour or two dailly & spend lots of time together in the weekends. I participate in all the neighborhood activities like before with friends etc football, cricket, patangbazi & other things like hanging around, go out for shopping with friends, sitting just for nothing! I have made many good friends in the neighborhood after starting these studies. Then there are timings after the exams, when you have around a month of very little study or no study at all. I spend a lot of time with friends during these months & the same old routine of staying out late nights. Than there is around a month near exam with no or little lectures, although there is a lot of study pressure in those times but I used to increase my outside timings because no institute/firm means that you've extra time of 7/8 hours out of your normal routine & mind you I passed the exams too!

Secondly, I met many people in the institute & made good friends with them. We used to do group studies & I introduced those friends to my neighborhood friends. Now there is a whole new bunch of people in my group of friends. We even play cricket, football, go on treats on paper passing etc together with old & new friends. And one of my neighborhood friends started BCom, he used to join us in the group studies too. That was a lot of shughul. Many of my friends started MBA later & I was a lot of help for any friend studying accounts & finance; still am -)

Managing time was tough in the beginning & especially when I left the institute & started working with a chartered accountant firm. There were times when I used to come home after loads of hardwork & many times "dant" by the bosses & my mood was so harsh. But as I had decided not to compromise on relations so I used to come home, immediately change clothes & go out with friends & come back after an hour or two depending upon study load. Initially it was difficult, with such a bad mood but in two weeks things got on a routine & my mood started to get better & now everything is back to normal. During those days, one of my greatest achievements was that I managed to participate in the football game which as arranged in the neighborhood!

I agree that it left me with little time for rest except sleep but I didn't used to rest before either, was usually out with friends or on the computer & you've to compromise on something.

Its just a matter of managing time & bit of setting a hard routine. Its difficult in the first 2 or 3 weeks; after that everything gets on track. You've to change your priorities & place studies on first priority & relationships on second. It is not about becoming isolated or sofi & breaking relationships, its just about putting a cap on other activities, hardwork & being dedicated towards both studying & having relationships or awara gardi as my mother puts it!

If you are asking about other relationships, they can be managed too.

- amahmood_satti - 09-01-2009

Ausmanpk2001, I think u r quite an intellegent man but all the others are not like you as many have to study long long hours to pass the professional exams . But time management, as you pointed out, is of utmost importance and is an important ingredient for a true professional. Eventually success goes to the person who learns to manage his daily activities according to strict time schedule.

Being a "sufi" or isolated just for the sake of studies and passing the exams does not fullfil the purpose alone as other social activities like mantaining the close relations or participating in the games, are equally important for a person to have a balanced personality. But all this can only be done if one has gained good time management skills and offcourse one has to set his priorities.
Anyways Good work man and keep on sharing your good experiences as well.

- Mujahid - 09-02-2009

Mahmood,

Its not the long hours that counts but the understanding you develop even by studying for just an hour. Its better to study one hour daily and learn something than to study 7 hours and learn nothing. The key is to use your time wisely.

- ausmanpk2001 - 09-02-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by amahmood_satti</i>
<br />Ausmanpk2001, I think u r quite an intellegent man but all the others are not like you as many have to study long long hours to pass the professional exams . But time management, as you pointed out, is of utmost importance and is an important ingredient for a true professional. Eventually success goes to the person who learns to manage his daily activities according to strict time schedule.

Being a "sufi" or isolated just for the sake of studies and passing the exams does not fullfil the purpose alone as other social activities like mantaining the close relations or participating in the games, are equally important for a person to have a balanced personality. But all this can only be done if one has gained good time management skills and offcourse one has to set his priorities.
Anyways Good work man and keep on sharing your good experiences as well.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thank you for the comments. However, I'm as ordinary a person as everyone around here & like others I have to study for looong hours in order to pass. Ofcourse, learning good time management skills is important & the best way to learn these skills is to set your priorities & jump into the situation. Eventually you'll have to come up with good time management if you are sufficiently & consistently dedicated towards your priorities.