Accountancy Forum
ICAEW or ICAP after ACCA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ICAEW or ICAP after ACCA (/showthread.php?tid=6319)

Pages: 1 2 3

ICAEW or ICAP after ACCA - gajini - 08-03-2009

My cousin has finished ACCA without any articleship. Now he is thinking of having another professional degree. Is it better for him to do ICAP or ICAEW if he wants to live in Pakistan. Please tell me the time period for both of them and the level of difficulty for them.

Saad

- m.umarfarooq - 08-03-2009

ICAEW is best option

- gajini - 08-04-2009

Please tell me about the time period.

- PIBF - 08-04-2009

dear ghajini,
AFTER ACCA 12 PAPERS WILL BE EXEMPTED AND YOUR COUSIN HAVE TO GIVE ONLY 2 PAPERS OF ADVANCED STAGE & ONE CASE STUDY FOR ICAEW.IT WILL TAKE MAXIMUM 1.5 YEAR. AFTER QULIFYING ICAEW HE CAN GET THE RECIPROCAL MEMBERSHIP OF ICAP AS WELL.
HE CAN GIVE BOTH THE 2 PAPERS OF ICAEW NOW IN ISLAMABAD.

- PIBF - 08-04-2009

dear Gajini,
ICAEW would be the better option. because after ACCA 12 papers will be exempted and your cousin will just have to give 2 papers & a case study. after qulifying ICAEW he will get the reciprocal mambership of ICAP.

- cybermoj - 08-07-2009

But for ACA, he would have to do an articleship of 3 years with a training firm which is almost imporssible unless you are a UK national!! So I would advise him to go towards ICAP!

- PIBF - 08-08-2009

no sir it is not must to ba a UK national for articleship of ACA. there are so many authorized firms in pakistan for ACA training.

- cybermoj - 08-08-2009

But are any of them willing to sign a training contract with students from pak?

- PIBF - 08-15-2009

yes why not? i can give you the list
Telenor
Pakistan Petroleum Ltd.
A.F Ferguson & Co.
KPMG Taseer Hadi & Co.
Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder & Co.
BDO Ebrahim & Co.
Rauf Ayoob & Co.
M.Yousaf Adil Saleem & Co.
Riaz Ahmad & Co.
Avais Hyder Liaqat Nauman

- gajini - 08-15-2009

Dear PIBF
Can I give all the papers including case study in Pakistan. Is PIBF in karachi or only in Islamabad

- PIBF - 08-17-2009

yes you can! PIBF is only in ISLAMABAD

- accastudent09 - 08-21-2009

im doing acca in part 2 and i plan to do icaew after acca i knw dat il have to give 2 papers and a case study after acca and i know dat in icaew 3years training is required so if i do my acca 3 years training in one of the accounting firms in pakistan which are listed by icaew as well so will icaew accept that training when i go for icaew after my acca..or il have to do 3yrs articleship again for icaew?

- PIBF - 08-21-2009

yes it will be accepted but why dont you switch to ICAEW right now 7 your time?
after qualifying you will get the reciprocal membership of ACCA

- accastudent09 - 08-21-2009

thanks for the reply.. well i think acca exams are easier than icaew i have better chance of passing the same papers in acca n the cost is less n the acca study resources n tution is more readily available here in isb compared to icaew..
r u sure bout it? will i have to get registered with icaew before i start articleship to get it counted for icaew or dats not neccessary and someone said to me that icaew training contract in the ato(approved training offices) here in pak is not given on the basis of acca its only for icap students is dat true??because i intend to start articleship this january n i want those 3 yrs experience not just for acca but also for icaew so then after i would have passed my 14 acca papers il get exemptions and il only have to give icaew's 2papers n case study..

- PIBF - 08-21-2009

yes its right. Pegasus institute of business & finance is offering tution for the whole ICAEW program
i would suggest you to join right now & dont waste your time