Accountancy Forum
Duration of C.A - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Duration of C.A (/showthread.php?tid=6328)

Duration of C.A - iffat_chughtai2000 - 08-05-2009

salam everybody
i want to ask that what is the duration of C.A after B.com?
or
what is the duration of C.A After ACCA???
and please guide me about ACMA and what is the best institute for ACMA???
i shall be very thankful to you for this act of kindness
take care

- PIBF - 08-06-2009

if you want to do CA-ICAP it will take 6 to 7 years after B.com/ACCA. but if you want to become CA-ICAEW (CA England & Wales) then it will take 3 years after B.com & 1 year after ACCA.

- cybermoj - 08-07-2009

Dont make the mistake of going to ICAEW after ACCA...you will be trapped...no one will give you an articleship niether in Pakistan nor in the UK unless you are a UK national! If you are...then youre best choice IS ACA! otherwise do CA from ICAP!!!!!

I dont know the ICAEW route from CFAB! But still you have to do articleship...and it aint that ez...right PIBF???

- PIBF - 08-15-2009

no you are wrong and misguiding others as well. its very easy to get an articleship in ICAEW authorized firms without having UK nationality

- Ahsan-3 - 08-17-2009

<font face="Times New Roman">WAt R u SaYin guyz... reaLLy...?

CA After ACCA takes S00 lOng....??? <b>6-7 yrs...!</b>

n Y doeS <b>ICAEW</b> tkes 0nlY <b>1</b> yr After ACCA...???

<center>Explain me plz...</center></font id="Times New Roman">

- Ali2789 - 08-18-2009

Cybermoj is rite. 100 percent agreed.

- PIBF - 08-18-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ahsan-3</i>
<br /><font face="Times New Roman">WAt R u SaYin guyz... reaLLy...?

CA After ACCA takes S00 lOng....??? <b>6-7 yrs...!</b>

n Y doeS <b>ICAEW</b> tkes 0nlY <b>1</b> yr After ACCA...???

<center>Explain me plz...</center></font id="Times New Roman">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

because after ACCA you get exemptions of 12 papers in ICAEW.
ONLY ONE PAPER & A CASE STUDY IS LEFT

- PIBF - 08-18-2009

SORRY 2 PAPERS & 1 CASESTUDY IS LEFT AFTER ACCA

- PIBF - 08-21-2009

ACA-ICAEW is a better future for CAT & ACCA students. Join ICAEW right after CAT & get exemption of upto 5 papers.& ACCA members & affiliates can get exemptions of upto 12 papers. So pick up your key to success & reach the top of the corporate ladder.

PIBF is going to start the classes for ICAEW, for this purpose an Orientation will be held on Tuesday August 25, 2009 at 1000 am.

- Ahsan Zeb Khan - 08-27-2009

after acca u get exemption of foundation of CA-ICAP whch means dat u hav only to do articlshp.......... n if u r a CA from ICAP thn u can bcum CA of ICAEW jst by passing 3 paprs..........

- PIBF - 08-29-2009

YES AFTER CA-ICAP & ACCA YOU CAN BECOME ACA-ICAEW JUST BY PASSING TWO PAPERS & 1 CASE STUDY

- sarmadjavaid91 - 12-31-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PIBF</i>
<br />ACA-ICAEW is a better future for CAT & ACCA students. Join ICAEW right after CAT & get exemption of upto 5 papers.& ACCA members & affiliates can get exemptions of upto 12 papers. So pick up your key to success & reach the top of the corporate ladder.

PIBF is going to start the classes for ICAEW, for this purpose an Orientation will be held on Tuesday August 25, 2009 at 1000 am.

- sarmadjavaid91 - 12-31-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PIBF</i>
<br />YES AFTER CA-ICAP & ACCA YOU CAN BECOME ACA-ICAEW JUST BY PASSING TWO PAPERS & 1 CASE STUDY
Then why do people go for ICAP-CA when the ICAEW-CA is relatively easier?What is the reason of it?

- S.A.Shamsi - 01-19-2011

@sarmad I think its because in Pakistan CA from ICAP is preferred over ICAEW or any other professional body.