Accountancy Forum
Need Guidance on CA after B.Com - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Need Guidance on CA after B.Com (/showthread.php?tid=6429)

Need Guidance on CA after B.Com - KhurramAnsari - 08-22-2009

Assalam-o-Alaikum!

Dear All! I'm Khurram Ansari from Karachi, 26 years old and my qualification is just B.Com, I want to join Chartered Accounting career because I'm good in Accounting since I was in I.Com

Can you guys please guid me that what should I do know on this age?
CA or ACCA? What will be better for me in my case?

Regards,
Khurram Ansari

- wsafca - 08-22-2009

You can get registered with the Firm and start CA

<b>Benefits</b>

1- I prefer CA over ACCA due to its more scope in Pakistan.(this is my personal opinion)

2- It will cost you less than ACCA ( i am talking in monetry terms)

<b>Problems</b>

1- It will consume at least your futher 6 years to complete.
2- you have to stick to the audit firm during you registration (no earnings)

Option no. 2 You can get into internship with some firm and start ACCA

1- 14 papers in two years,thereater you are free to go anywhere for three years internship

2- it would be easier to get som job (as internship) as you have already taken internship of 2 years, or you may carry on...

Option no. 3 (i think the best, little more expensive)

Get register with the CA firm on the basis of your B.Com

Contract will be for 3.5 years

Start ACCA along, it will take 2 or may be 3 years at the most.

Most of the papers of both the cources are same, you may attempt few modules of Ca along.

After three years You would have passed ACCA at least and may be few papers of CA as well

6 months remaining you can pass more of C.A

Your articles completed you have both, take a good job somewhere complete three years, get ACCA degree, If you can pass CA papers in those years may also get CA certificate

After 6.5 years You hold both, while earning something already

- rabia-k - 08-22-2009

Hi wsafca,
it take s 6 to 7 years to complete CA(ICAP) even after doing your B.com?

- awaisaftab - 08-22-2009

In my opinion you should start article ship and beside it take admission in M.Com in any evening college of karachi. In my opinion hence your age is too high so C.A and ACCA is not suitable for you. I am suggesting M.Com for you because I have heard that many colleges in Karachi are carrying M.Com programme. Secondly,M.Com will be too low cost and employers give value to M.Commers over MBA's because a lot many subjects of accounts and finance are included in M.Com syllabus while M.B.A is full with subject which are related to management. After doing M.Com you can start ICMA after M.Com you will get 9 exemptions in ICMA hence it will not be problem for you to complete ICMA upto stage 3 within 6 months or in 1 year.

- wsafca - 08-22-2009

Yes Rabia-k

One module is for six months, therefore it takes 2 years to complete first four modules.

Thereafter you are eligible to give exams of module E after 1.5 years

Thereafter you are eligible to give exams of Module F after 1 year of Module E attempt.

It comes to minimum 4.5 years,I don't think some body could do all these in first attempt,It normaly takes 6 years. (Thats what i believe, actual results may vary from my estimates)

Regards

Waqas

4 modules of the CA are for the limited

- Mujahid - 08-22-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by KhurramAnsari</i>
<br /><font size="2"><font face="Stencil"><b>Assalam-o-Alaikum!
Dear All! I'm Khurram Ansari from Karachi, 26 years old and my qualification is juts B.Com, I want to join Chartered Accounting career because I'm good in Accounting since I was in I.Com

Can you guys please guid me that what should I do know on this age?
CA or ACCA? What will be better for me in my case?

<i>Regards,
Khurram Ansari</i></b></font id="Stencil"></font id="size2">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Khurram bhai is se behtar hai k aap Oracle Financials ya CISA ki taraf aajayen. Aap ki age aisi hai k aap ko job ki fori zaroorat hai takay aagay chal k aap k pass kuch experience bhi ho. Khali certification kaam nahee aane ki. Phir aap ne shadi bhi karni hai [D]. IMHO, aap oracle ki certification kar k job start karein aur phir MBA Finance (Exec.) kar lein after gaining a year experience.
Shayad koi aur is se behtar mashwara de dey. I would say a big NO for u to join CA or ICMA from Pakistan.