Accountancy Forum
CA or Marketing executive? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: CA or Marketing executive? (/showthread.php?tid=6464)

Pages: 1 2 3

- kamranACA - 09-05-2009

Osama,

Please check following links

http//www.ewpakistan.com/

http//www.sbsca.com/

http//www.pibfpak.com/Flash_Menu_Labs_open_source.swf

Regards,

- Osama Rules - 09-07-2009

Salam,

i have visited those websites.
i would like to know tht according to u which will be the best route foe me to do ACA/ICAEW
thnks![D]

- Osama Rules - 09-12-2009

salam,

reply plssssss[)]

- kamranACA - 09-12-2009

Osama

The best route has to be seen in the context of your future plans. Such guidance has been time and again discussed and as a result debated at this forum. You can go through all such posts and deduce the results which you need.

In my view, if you want to settle down at Pak or M.E., ICAP may be the most preferential choice although its members are working all over the world.

However, ICAEW is more widely accepted at the globe and has MRAs with many important institutes which in itself is of greater importance and relevance specially if you want to settle down abroad; say UK or Australia or Canada etc.

I never advised any one to do ACCA.

As a prospective student you have to decide after consulting your parents and other sources what course of action is most suitable for you.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- Osama Rules - 09-13-2009

Salam,

thanks for those kind words!!
i got what u were saying.
now i have lived in KSA for like 15 years & would for sure want to do my job here.so i decided to do aca/icaew.
so can i start aca directly from pibf?

do reply.. [D]

- kamranACA - 09-13-2009

PIBF can reply! Also consult others. Use your phone and mailing options.

Regards,

- yasir_live - 10-11-2009

Sorry to say, Comparision between CA and Marketing is like,

You are comparing Janefer Lopez and Nana Particl.

Anyways, You better consult with yourself, that where you find yourself more comfortable.

- rizla86 - 10-19-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Osama Rules</i>
<br />Salam,

thanks for those kind words!!
i got what u were saying.
now i have lived in KSA for like 15 years & would for sure want to do my job here.so i decided to do aca/icaew.
so can i start aca directly from pibf?

do reply.. [D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
You can't actually start ICAEW in Pakistan (training with a firm) as a fresh student. You have to go through either ACCA or ICAP route. In the middle east it is hard for non citizens to join as ICAEW trainees. In England there are opportunities for ICAEW training (some of the big firms offer work permits), however the requirement is at least a bachelors degree. If going to university is an option, do check out this course by Newcastle University http//www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/course/NN14/Business-Accounting-and-Finance. If you get the required A-level grades (AAB) this is the best option as Newcastle Uni are affiliated with PWC in UK.

- Osama Rules - 10-21-2009

Salam,

First of all one can start ACA of ICAEW directly under CFAB banner.

Who says it's difficult in middle east especially for non citizens to get an ICAEW contract??
All u need is a residential permit & then u r good to go.

As far as Newcastle University is concerned,yes it's a good option but not the only one ie even Manchester Business School offers same type of degree,same case with Cardiff etc. BUT hte problem is that this way would take longer & one would have to go to england which will prove to be expensive!!

But again most of ICAEW students r graduates...
Would like to hear more from u.

Regards. [)]

- rizla86 - 10-21-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Osama Rules</i>
<br />Salam,

First of all one can start ACA of ICAEW directly under CFAB banner.

Who says it's difficult in middle east especially for non citizens to get an ICAEW contract??

As far as Newcastle University is concerned,yes it's a good option but not the only one ie even Manchester Business School offers same type of degree,same case with Cardiff etc. BUT hte problem is that this way would take longer & one would have to go to england which will prove to be expensive!!

But again most of ICAEW students r graduates...
Would like to hear more from u.

Regards. [)]
With a residential permit you may get a professional job. However with an ICAEW training contract you are classified as a trainee and as far as I know, in Saudi Arabia trainees can only be Saudis (part of the saudisation program), and I think it is the same in the other Gulf countries.

As far as university is concerned, if you can afford it that should be your first choice, rather than looking for shortcuts. I believe getting a recognised university degree and then going on to get a professional degree is the best route. If you can't afford it then you can start looking around for shortcuts.

- Osama Rules - 10-22-2009

Salam,

Well yes i do agree with u that having a degree from a top university on your CV adds considerable value BUT there r some problems with it like

1)This route will take longer than other alternatives available.

2)I think if one is sure that he wanna do ACA then he should go directly for a professional qualification which frankly BSC isn't.

3)Those doing graduation want their options open & probably haven't yet decided about their future.

Would love to hear more from u.

Regards. [)]

- rabia-k - 10-22-2009

<br />Salam,

Regards. [)]

Osama dear, this is the most difficult task now a days!

- rabia-k - 10-22-2009

BTW if you buy property in Dubai you get a residential permit!

- sumairalam - 10-22-2009

Currently Immigration department is not issuing residency visas for apartment owners , but the Govt came up with new regulation in which they will issue 6 months non -residency visa. after 6 month the owner has to leave ,,, iam not sure whether he will get the visa again or not in same year...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rabia-k</i>
<br />BTW if you buy property in Dubai you get a residential permit!

- rabia-k - 10-22-2009

that's terrible news!