Accountancy Forum
Management Accounting - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Accounting and Audit (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Management Accounting (/showthread.php?tid=6469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- kamranACA - 09-18-2009

Astute,

You are highlighting the management accounting models and needs of banking sector.

My question was bit different. You please again go through the question and let me know, if possible, that has actually been asked.

Regards,

- awaisaftab - 09-19-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Odyssee</i>
<br />I would like to thank Astute Accountant for quoting from a study conducted by Jordi Carenys and Xavier Sales, <b>"Costing the Banking Services A Management Accounting Approach"</b> which was published in the <b><i>Journal of Money, Investment and Banking</i></b>. The complete study can be viewed on the following link
http//www.eurojournals.com/jmib_6_04.pdf
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Odyssee r u sure that Astute has copied the data from Journal of Money, Investment and Banking . Has he done it ????? His effort is good but he has to disclose the source of information. He is an inteligent person.

My case study on the application of cost and management accounting on banking sector is ready and I will post it after EID . It is my own study and no one would be able to blame me of copying.

- kamranACA - 09-19-2009

Appreciation in advance!

- Astute Accountant - 09-20-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Odyssee</i>
<br />I would like to thank Astute Accountant for quoting from a study conducted by Jordi Carenys and Xavier Sales, <b>"Costing the Banking Services A Management Accounting Approach"</b> which was published in the <b><i>Journal of Money, Investment and Banking</i></b>. The complete study can be viewed on the following link
http//www.eurojournals.com/jmib_6_04.pdf

<b>I nowhere, in my post, claimed to have written it myself.</b> I just listed the application of M.Accounting Techniques in the banking sector. You could have also copied it from the source document.

I wonder why are the people always interested to point out the things in a critizing way, without giving a thought to the intention of the person concerned. I feel there is no harm if one copies some sort of stuff and shares with the intend of best interests of others. Because there are so many out there who won't have expertize of presenting some data in a presentable way. And secondly, copying can't be done without a prior and indepth knowledge of a subject. So your act of absurd criticism holds no value to me.

<b>Capter closed</b>!!!

- kamranACA - 09-20-2009

Astute

No one has criticised you. However, it has been a good gesture had you mentioned the name of author for authenticity of the information.

Still, we appreciate you for sparing time and making an effort.

In fact my question was little bit different, that's why I said that the question is un-answered so far.

Regards,

Kamran.

- Odyssee - 09-20-2009

Dear Astute,

I certainly didn't mean to criticize you. I completely agree with you that copying can't be done without a prior and indepth knowledge of a subject.

Keep up with the good work of sharing knowledge.

Kind regards

- kamranACA - 09-20-2009

Astute

Matter stands clarified now. Keep on contributing good work.

Regards,

Kamran.

- hussain869 - 07-10-2010

eid nahi ai kia owais bhai ?

- awaisaftab - 09-14-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hussain869</i>
<br />eid nahi ai kia owais bhai ?

Eid Aker chali bhee gayee bhai

- nomanchaudhry - 09-23-2010

Perhaps the below mentioned link might be able to answer Mr. Kamran's query...

http//citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.120.6329&rep=rep1&type=pdf

- awaisaftab - 09-24-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nomanchaudhry</i>
<br />Perhaps the below mentioned link might be able to answer Mr. Kamran's query...

http//citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.120.6329&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Dear Nouman I appreciate your effort.

In fact I wrote this thread one year ago. But my commitment to write a article on the role of management accounting/accountants is still pending.

Due to my busiest routine I have not been able to write anything on the topic but as I will find time I will type my hand written article on the topic and will post it on the forum.

- Toronto_Boy - 09-24-2010

Kafi dino baad nazar aay aap dono.

Aatay raha karain, kutch kaam ki batain hi maloom hoti rahti hain. Warna tu yah forum bhi aajkal kutch "Pakistani Stage Drama" sa banta jaraha hay.

- Ali RAZA - 09-24-2010

brother awais... kaha gayab ho?????? online bhi nahi hote[(!]

- Boss - 09-24-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>
<br /> Warna tu yah forum bhi aajkal kutch "Pakistani Stage Drama" sa banta jaraha hay.

Dear Toronto Boy,

I am agreed to your statement that this forum has now been a place of chit chat, where we see most of the useless discussions.

One of the senior members of this forum said, upon my query about his no contribution, that "We have now non professional members at every sub forum".

Aik Professioanl member (like you and Awais) stage by stage itna upper pochta hai by his good contribution, Pehlay Junior, semi senior and ultimately Partner; ab aik taraf jab non professionals akar forum ka mahool kharab karen ge (aur "so-called" parnters ban jyn ge) to professionals lazmi discourage hongay, atleast upto some extent.

Admin has an inoperative role for many days in this regard, because us ki earnings to aur barh gye hoge,[8D] jitna zada members/visitors yeh site visit karen gay, utni he Admin ki earning barhay ge, aur jab say yeh forum chat room bana hai, number of members and number of posts are at peck, so Admin to khush hoga...

Lakin , agar aisa he raha to kuch din may is forum ka naam Accountancy forum say change kar k kuch aur karna parega.

Aur Awais, ap contribute kia karoo yar, kaheen aisa na ho k kuch din bad Education, Accountancy aur tax forum may koi "acha" contributor he na rahay.

- Toronto_Boy - 09-25-2010

Dear Boss

As far as I am concerned, I never paid any attention to number of posts I am doing or status at forum like junior or senior. At-least I am least concerned about it. To me quality of post matters.

I visit this forum, just to help others (specially my country fellows) and to pass-on any information I have. Perhaps I could help anyone. Perhaps it would bring a +ve change. I am a firm believer that whatever I am today is (and we all are) because of help and contribution of many many known and un-known people to me/us. Some of us recognize this fact and pass-on whatever they have before they are passed-on.

I started writing on this forum with refrence to Canada, Canadian immigration, and CPA, keeping in view that information is not easily available to people living in my homeland. Even if people who know something, try to hide it most of the time. I observed it during my time in Pakistan. When I was in Matric or FSc, even friends in school or college, who knew how to solve a question were reluctant to explain it. Even this day I do remeber a class fellow who did not reveal his percentage in 1st year just to curtail competition. I had to see same kind of mentality from our community when I immigrated here, even for very very tiny things.

Similarly, during my college years I found difficulties in information gathering, availability of information about career options, and proper guidance. I noticed that people in our society hide information that can help other/students. Sincerity beyond doubt is a scare commodity. I don't know what kind of muslims are we. Though we have eman that Rizq (livelihood) is promised by Allah and no other person can get someone else's share, still we do cheap things, like hiding information or not helping other, thinking that he/she might get ahead of us.

Therefore, I just try to communicate whatever I know with the intention that perhaps it would solve someone's problem, just as many other did mine. Because of this intention, I don't even need number of posts written under my nick.

So, now it is obvious that un-fruitful "chats" are not the reason of my presence on this forum. I have many other positive time spending activities in my life.

Regards