Accountancy Forum
NEED GUIDANCE TO BUILD MY CAREER - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: NEED GUIDANCE TO BUILD MY CAREER (/showthread.php?tid=6525)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

NEED GUIDANCE TO BUILD MY CAREER - WARDAH - 09-07-2009

I have done my masters in applied mathematics and currently doing job as financial consultant.As it is not relates to my qualification so i am facing little difficulties in accounting side.So, i want to know which additional course can help me in my proffesion which i may get in less time but valueable.
Should i do CAT ? or what else ? please guide me.

- tariqsohail - 09-07-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by WARDAH</i>
<br />I have done my masters in applied mathematics and currently doing job as financial consultant.As it is not relates to my qualification so i am facing little difficulties in accounting side.So, i want to know which additional course can help me in my proffesion which i may get in less time but valueable.
Should i do CAT ? or what else ? please guide me.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I think you should go for CMA (Certified Management Accountant) from IMA (Institute of Management Accountants - USA). It suits to your job plus exam timings are also flexible which are very important for working people.

For more information on CMA (IMA), either check IMA website www.imanet.org or check my different post on CMA in different threads of student section of this forum.

Regards,
Sohail

- WARDAH - 09-09-2009

I think you should go for CMA (Certified Management Accountant) from IMA (Institute of Management Accountants - USA). It suits to your job plus exam timings are also flexible which are very important for working people.

For more information on CMA (IMA), either check IMA website www.imanet.org or check my different post on CMA in different threads of student section of this forum.

Regards,
Sohail
[/quote]
Thanx for ur reply Sohail.I checked the links u gave to me, but it will take soooooooooooooo much time.And i have not much time to get that certification [V]. Franckly speaking ! aisa course k jo 6 to 12 months mai ho jae or helpout bhi rahay with in my job.[)].If any than do tell me I shall be grateful to u.

Regards,
Wardah

- awaisaftab - 09-09-2009

I believe a person who have read maths can do every thing. It is amazing for you that foundrer of accounting was a mathematician. Many antient prominent economists was also basically mathematicians.
Anyhow I would advice you get admission in MBA (Executive) in finance,MBA executive is one year programe those who have master degrees or experience of 3 to 5 years. I think its only the best option for you because CAT is mostly adopted by youngsters and you will surely not feel eazy to study with teenagers.

- WARDAH - 09-09-2009

Hmmmmmm!! yup u r rite.i should go 4 it.But from which institute? and do u have any idea how much will it cost?

- awaisaftab - 09-09-2009

Its depends upon your city and cost affordability, I am unable to say about these matters.

Regards,

Awais Aft

- tariqsohail - 09-09-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by WARDAH</i>
<br />I think you should go for CMA (Certified Management Accountant) from IMA (Institute of Management Accountants - USA). It suits to your job plus exam timings are also flexible which are very important for working people.

Regards,
Sohail
Thanx for ur reply Sohail.I checked the links u gave to me, but it will take soooooooooooooo much time.And i have not much time to get that certification [V]. Franckly speaking ! aisa course k jo 6 to 12 months mai ho jae or helpout bhi rahay with in my job.[)].If any than do tell me I shall be grateful to u.

Regards,
Wardah
[/quote]

I think you can finish it within one year time provided you have determination to do this.

As you mentioned that you did your masters in Mathematics then I don't think there is any reason which can cause delay in clearing all 4 parts in one year period provided you are committed and put your efforts in achieving that.

Anyways best of luck in MBA.

Regards,

Sohail

- Toronto_Boy - 09-09-2009

Dear Awais

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by awaisaftab</i>
<br /> Many antient prominent economists was also basically mathematicians.

Agreed... but not only the ancient, also great economists (like following two Nobel laureates) of modern days are also mathematicians. Infact, its very hard to be a good economist these days without having strong skills in maths.

John Nash http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Forbes_Nash,_Jr.

Milton Friedman http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_Friedman Please see his early life.

By the way, have you seen the movie "A Beautiful Mind Game Theory" about John Nash, 1994 Nobel prize winner for his work for game theory, and a patient of paranoid schizophrenia. I think its worth to watch.

http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0ywiYboCLk

Regards

- awaisaftab - 09-10-2009

I am agree with you.You have realy provided good information. I will see this movie as I have get some free time.

Regards,

Awais Aftab

- WARDAH - 09-10-2009

hmmmmm!! thanx to all of u guys to guide me )

- shamsibrother - 09-24-2009

hi hello sir i dont know what to do after simple f.a please answer me

- shamsibrother - 09-24-2009

sir what to do after simple f.a please answer ma at this email asadmehmood007@gmail.com please please i m very upset

- Toronto_Boy - 09-25-2009

Dear shamsibrother

You can do everything, whatever you want in life. Just select any field of your aptitude and work hard to excel in that. Leave the results on Allah.

No one can tell you what should you do, specially the people who don't know you, your strengths and weaknesses, personal and family situation etc. etc. Just write down your options i.e. studies you can do, select one of those, and start working. Don't be upset with simple F.A. If you have potential to do hard work, you can achieve anything in life.

Best Wishes

- asifumar - 09-25-2009

Hi Wardah, Before going to put a step in Big accountancy courses why dont you start from basics, coz accounts and maths are different, why dont go for PIPFA
?

- WARDAH - 09-28-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by asifumar</i>
<br />Hi Wardah, Before going to put a step in Big accountancy courses why dont you start from basics, coz accounts and maths are different, why dont go for PIPFA
?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">[I]

Well!! As u said for PIPFA. . .I havnt much knowledge about it.Can u give me some details about it?

regard

Wardah