Accountancy Forum
Mr Toronto Boy--- help - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Mr Toronto Boy--- help (/showthread.php?tid=6526)

Pages: 1 2

Mr Toronto Boy--- help - syedakif110 - 09-07-2009

Hello,
Sir i m very much inspire with u so i want ur help in very important decision in my life-
Sir i will complete ACCA this december inshallah and also i have availed PER having 4 years of experience in some small companies.
Sir i want to apply for the immigration in canada- this will take almost 1 year to complete the process- for that period i want to apply for the job in canada through work visa as i have listen that there are recruiters who hire for canada, so that i adjust in canada and search for job in this period and that after my immigration process i will have search a good job there- also i want to apply for CGA there as i will be a ACCA Member after december 2009-
Sir plz guide me weather my decision is right or it need some ammendment----
thanks

- Toronto_Boy - 09-09-2009

Dear syedakif110

In my personal view, getting a "work visa" is more difficult than getting "immigration visa" for professional fields. Also, you are not medical doctor trained from USA. Moreover, I don't know about such recruiters who hire workers from outside Canada for accounting field, as already accountants and financial professionals are in abundance. Though I heared about hiring nannies and club dancers through work visa. However, you may check your luck for "work visa" for financial fields.

I think you would be better of by applying for Canadian immigration visa on basis of your ACCA and Pakistani work experience. Meanwhile, to make some quick money you may go to Middle East. After having landing paper you may apply for CGA membership, as getting it long before you immigrate and while living in Pakistan might be expensive for you.

I hope it helps.

Best Wishes

- syedakif110 - 09-11-2009

Thaks for ur advice- will it be easy to find jobs in Dubai?

- syedakif110 - 09-11-2009

Will Australia be a good place for ACCA Members- I am easily eligible for Australian immigration-
I also need guidance about UK Immigration as it is beneficial 4 ACCA Members? I have seen lot of jobs in UK in reeds and some other sites-what is the good place to move Canada, Australia or UK?

- Toronto_Boy - 09-12-2009

Dear syedakif110

As I don't live in Dubai, I don't wanna comment whether it is easy or not to find jobs there.

There are many considerations related to immigration to UK, Canada, or Australia which are very related to your personal preferances. You would have to take your decisions by yourself, my brother. As I live in Canada, I write whatever I observe or experience here for the help of others. Therefore, I don't wanna comment about UK or Australia. Please ask someone from UK or Australia about your chances there.

I hope you would understand.

The important thing is, ACCA has opened the doors for you to have success in life, earn a reasonable livelihood, and work in respectable profession either in Pakistan or outside Pakistan like Middle East, UK, Canada, or Australia. Now it depends on you how to use your qualification and experience to attain your goals in life. This is the important point which I wanna emphasize to students of accounting in Pakistan. Choice is their's.

I would be glad to answer your specific questions about Canada, if I would know.

Best Wishes

- asifumar - 09-25-2009

Assalam o Alaikum, Brothers and Sisters i am an ACCA student and have passed F1, F2, F3, F6, F7 & F9 and in December INSHA-ALLAH appearing in F8 & F4. But i have decided to move Canada to take Admission in Stoufville College in Toronto and continue my further studies from their in coming January session, year 2010. I took this decision because I sounds from various concerned people and also from my teachers that their would be a big scope of ACCA in Canada in coming 3/4 years. So you people kindly advise me that;
1- Should i go and continue my further ACCA's papers their?
2- Can i get easily a good job or an article ship in any audit-firm their in Canada?
3- My this decision will help me in future?
Thanks
Waiting for your Kind Replies
Regards
Muhammad Asif Umar
(asifumar@accamail.com)

- Toronto_Boy - 09-25-2009

Dear asifumar

In my personal view, you should complete your studies in Pakistan. After that you may try to come abroad like in Canada. Please read my reply on following link. I am not in favour of Stoufville College option. Similarly, employers do not <b>directly</b> ask for ACCA in job advertisements here, though an ACCA may get good jobs just on basis of his/her ACCA membership. Usually, they get CGAs membership through MRA to secure more acceptability for jobs.

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=7989

You are free to have your decisions.

Regards

- asifumar - 09-28-2009

@ toronto_boy
Hi ) so u mean that if i complete my ACCA their in Canada in S.college then i wont get any audit firm nor any job as well? my cousin is also their doing job in a company he is also sponsoring me, his stand would also not support me??? is their any serious matter regarding with not to join Stoufville college? if their is no more scope of ACCA in Canada then y they are providing tutions for it? tell me soon plz

- Toronto_Boy - 09-29-2009

Dear asifumar

Have you got any chance to see Stoufville college tuition fees and converted into Pak Rs. You would be very lucky if your cousin actually pays that much college fee in addition to ACCA fee, once you secure student visa and come here.

http//www.stouffvillecollege.ca/fees.html

Do you know the requirements of student visa i.e. how many number of hours you can work with full time studies. Would you be able to live and finance your studies here while doing part time job? Have you calculated total fee of Stoufville college for full time studies? Is Stoufville college acceptable to immigration department to do a parttime job?

Generally speaking, audit firms can hire any educated person they want, but practically speaking even having good GPA, Canadian raised and university educated students some times do not get hired in audit firms. However, it is upto everyone's luck. Moreover, are you thinking that firm would hire just a trainee, who is immigrant, does not have much network connection in new society, who studied foreign education/qualification (i.e. ACCA) even in Canada, not working toward CICA, would sponsor to change his legal status in Canada i.e. from student to immigrant or for work permit? Could you tell me what specialized skills that non-resident trainee applicant would have for an audit firm even to consider him and to go through hassle of changing his legal status in Canada?

Depending upon your luck, you may get a job in industry, but most likely with student visa and foreign designation (i.e. ACCA) you would not be much preferable candidate.

Dear, time and again I have said that Canadaian employers prefer and ask about Canadian education/ designations. ACCA is NOT a Canadian qualification, however, it provides a mean to get one Canadian designation.

Stoufville college may be good for those who have somehow legally immigrated to Canada, were already students of ACCA, and wanna pass remaining courses of ACCA here. They perhaps do not wanna get transfered to any of Canadian designation due to any reason or their future objectives of going back to some other lands etc. etc.

Please see the scope of ACCA and number of job openings asking for ACCA in Canada on following two biggest site. Hopefully, you would reach conclusion;

http//www.workopolis.com/work.aspx?action=Transfer&View=Content/Common/WorkLoginView&lang=EN

http//www.monster.ca/

Again, I have written my views cuz you asked me. You are completely free to have your own decisions.

Best Wishes

- asifumar - 09-30-2009

ISA's (International Accounting Standards) are being applied in Canada and ACCA we study all these ISA's, so the employers must need ACCA qualified their in Canada.

- alexisnar6 - 10-03-2009

Hi,
Dear Mr toronto and thank for your help in this forum.
I am a new registred in this forum and i need your clarification.
I am a new acca student and i have a relevant degre in audit and control, I would like to immigrate in canada at the end of 2013. You think that the possibility will be as now? for those who want to came in canada (ontario).please note that i am in my 2nd yrs of experience in accounting field and i am 22 years.
Thank for your help and long life for you.

- Toronto_Boy - 10-04-2009

Dear

Hopefully job market would be recovered from effects of recession by then. So good possibilities.

Regards

- alexisnar6 - 10-05-2009

Thank you dear Mr Toronto,
but my anxiety is about the possibility of get a visa (permanent residence)at that time. Because i think that now it is not difficult to get it.

have a nice week.

- Toronto_Boy - 10-06-2009

Dear

Hopefully immigration process would remain same, though overtime requirements may change slightly.

Wish you good luck.

- syedakif110 - 10-06-2009

@ Mr Toronto
Daer;
I have discused my case previously to u, then after that i have started searching for immigration process- i have meet with different consultants- i have reached a required point without having 'job offer for PR' points but i think job offer letter would sve my cost of living in canada as i will not waste my money in canada for searching job and also i directly enter into job market as i reached the canada. What u think? also i m bit confused about the consultants as there fees are varying one charge Rs 100,000 and other charge Rs 500,000 for immigration services. The charge for 'job offer for PR' is CAD$ 3000. Plz guide me in with respect of 'job offer for PR' and also with respect of consultants.