Accountancy Forum
This is for those who are migrating to Canada - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: This is for those who are migrating to Canada (/showthread.php?tid=6543)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- Toronto_Boy - 07-28-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kashman</i>
<br />Hi All

Guys i need to know what is my worth and chances of getting a decent job in Canada

Please tell me what are my chances, and how should is pursue
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear kashman

Its difficult to predict about future chances specially in recession effected market. Though you don't have north american job experience, still your US education would help you much (as compared to other applicants) and I am hopeful that you would get a reasonable white collar job soon.

I think CGA Canada has MRA with CPA Australia (if I am not wrong). Try to complete that ASAP and get CGA based on that MRA (if possible), otherwise try to pass maximum possible papers of CPA (Aus) and then get maximum possible exemptions from CGA canada. Canadian qualification would help you a lot.

Again, Canadian job market is a difficult place, and success of an immigrant depends upon several factors and luck. I am not in a position to predict about that. However, I am hopefull that you would get your share.

Regards and Good Luck

- kashman - 07-29-2010

Thank you very much Toronto boy for the reply, i can understand that it's entirely impossible to predict future, i was simply asking the worth and chances of finding a suitable job in Canada.

Yes you are right CPA Australia does have MRA with CGA Canada, after completing CPA Australia i'll have to give maximum of two or minimum of one paper of CGA to get the certification.

I have completed two papers of CPA Australia professional level and enrolled for third paper in October 2010 Insha Allah. After this 3 more papers will be outstanding Insha Allah, which Insha Allah i will soon try complete.

Remember me in your prayers.

- mysticalguy94 - 07-30-2010

Hey Maqsood,
I've just taken my matriculation examinations and I'm going for F.sc by September. Now I ain't really interested in going to Canada, But my Target is living a decent life in the States. I've actually got a Money-Fever and thats a reason that I'm ignoring to go towards Engineering. I've read a lot of books like the "Think And Grow Rich" and "Laws of Success" By Napoleon Hill. I've watched several movies, better be called Documentaries with some leading motivational speakers and the Result that I've come up with is that they all refer to one thing which is "FOLLOW YOUR BLISS". And I've discovered that my Bliss is in being successful and making lots of Money. And I'm just like Napoleon Hill says " Cut all the sources of retreat and burn all the Ships behind you once you've come come up with something that you really want which is the only way one can be sure of maintaining that state of mind which is SUCCESS and you'll get it!". Now I'm just thinking about doing CA(Chartered Accountancy) and I've heard that ICAP is the 7th Accounting Body in the World, but i can't say that for sure, I've just heard it somewhere. So I was just curious if you could tell me that if ICAP is recognized over there and USA. I don't need any help because I'm sure and I know myself that there's something inside me that I've been keeping locked up INSIDE and of course I CAN do it! But as I said, I'm just curious if a CA who's been a member of ICAP wants to move to USA or may be you could say Canada, Is it any possible that He would get a job there in first or maybe second attempt? I know what I'm asking is stupid and absurd but let me tell you that I've grown up in a kinda backward family, not so much of an affluent and this fear kinda gets me that what if I never found a decent job in the states to move on to the wall street and work in any of the major corporation there, I'm Ambitious about that though. I know that a CA is a good profession but I don't know how people look at it down there in Canada or USA. In short, Could you just give me some info please? Because thats what My Bliss is and Thats what i want to follow.