Accountancy Forum
This is for those who are migrating to Canada - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: This is for those who are migrating to Canada (/showthread.php?tid=6543)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- Kaleemkahn - 01-24-2010

Hi all,
U r all doing great job.Plz answer following questions.
1)What is the AVERAGE salary that a CFA+ICAEW with 4 years experience (non Canadian experience) should expect to get in Canada?(my brother planning a move to Canada.So please answer this)
2)I have heard that CICA does not consider those ICAEW members for reciprocal membership who have claimed exemtion in ICAEW on ACCA basis.Is this true?
3)How are language points claimed in Canadian immigration?Which test are accepted for English and French respectively?
I expect a reply from Toronto-Boy ,Maqzaman or MRS.

- Toronto_Boy - 01-25-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kaleemkahn</i>
<br />Hi all,
U r all doing great job.Plz answer following questions.
1)What is the AVERAGE salary that a CFA+ICAEW with 4 years experience (non Canadian experience) should expect to get in Canada?(my brother planning a move to Canada.So please answer this)
2)I have heard that CICA does not consider those ICAEW members for reciprocal membership who have claimed exemtion in ICAEW on ACCA basis.Is this true?
3)How are language points claimed in Canadian immigration?Which test are accepted for English and French respectively?
I expect a reply from Toronto-Boy ,Maqzaman or MRS.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear

1. If you are talking about salary expectation in Canada, its difficult to say anything cuz it depends on your brother's luck and many other factors. All I can say is, he is qualified enough to get good jobs relatively in less time as compared to others. One thing I wanna tell you up-front, due to your this question about salary expectations, Canada has abundance of very very highly qualified people, so do not think that your brother's qualification is something unique here. There are more than 15,000 Canadian qualified CAs (of CICA) only in Ontario (in about 10 Million population) and about 50,000 in all Canada, let alone other designated professionals. Similarly, each year Canada mints about 1000 CFAs, majority of whom are already designated and Canadian raised/educated applicants. Moreover, if your brother wanna start a new life here, salary expectations before landing should be quite a minor thing (at-least in my view), however, he may have good expectations about his future after achieving necessary ingredients for success here. Please feel no offence, but this should not be a point of consideration at this time for a fully motivated potential immigrant to first world.

2. I don't know precise answer to this question. Ask CICA directly. However, I think CICA might not have problem in reciprocity, if your brother got ICAEW CA after writing final exams after claiming ACCA's exemptions, i.e. if he has written final 2 papers and case study, then CICA might not have problem for reciprocity. However, if he has got ICAEW's CA on basis arrangement for 5 years members of ACCA (without passing any final exam/case study of ICAEW), then most likely CICA would not allow reciprocity. Again, ask CICA directly, and also about experience requirement.

3. MRS or other new potential immigrants can help you about English and French points. I think IELTS is required these days for English.

I hope it helps

Best Regards

MRS; I hope you would not mind telling him requirements about English/French tests. Thanks in advance.

- Kaleemkahn - 01-25-2010

Thanks Toronto-Boy for ur reply.
Actually my brother is currently earning about US$5800/month in Singapore.I agree that job depends on ones calibre and luck.But He wanted to have an idea of salary range in Canada so that he could decide a move or otherwise stay where he is.If u provide just an idea of salary , I would be obliged.
And U or MRS please answer following questions.
1)what IELTS bands(individual and overall) would fetch 16 points?
2)How to prove French language skills(name the test)?
3)Main ACCA affiliate hoon with Bsc(hons) O.brokes uni aur Bcom from Punjab uni.Kia yeh qualifications 22 points fetch karay gi ya 20?
4)University of central Punjab offers 4 years BBA and then MBA to CAs,ACCAs etc.This makes 17 years education ,would it fetch 25 points?Plz reply.

- Toronto_Boy - 01-25-2010

Please search jobs and salaries at following websites to have an idea;

http//www.workopolis.com/work.aspx?action=Transfer&View=Content/Common/WorkLoginView&lang=EN

http//www.careerbuilder.ca/CA/Default.aspx

http//www.monster.ca/

I don't know the answers of other questions. Perhaps someone else can help you.

Regards

- bob02 - 01-25-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
<br /><i>Originally posted by MRS</i>
<b></b><u></u><b>Just a clarification</b><u></u><b></b>

I am not a immigration consultant or a lawyer what ever i stated is my personal experience.
Thanks for the help.
Any site providing consultancy related to immigration affairs?
What about local market consultants? are they reliable?

- bob02 - 01-25-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MRS</i>
[
1- I am not a immigration consultant or a lawyer what ever i stated is my personal experience.

Since you have been through the process you may be knowing this.

How is work experience calculated? on hours per day,per week? do they consider break up experience for a single day i.e 9am to 12pm then 3pm to 9am etc.

Are education points given for exemptions? for example I can get exempted from 1st part of ACCA on the basis of M.Com,will immigration consider that part of ACCA?

- MRS - 01-25-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bob02</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MRS</i>
[
1- I am not a immigration consultant or a lawyer what ever i stated is my personal experience.

How is work experience calculated? on hours per day,per week? do they consider break up experience for a single day i.e 9am to 12pm then 3pm to 9am etc.

Are education points given for exemptions? for example I can get exempted from 1st part of ACCA on the basis of M.Com,will immigration consider that part of ACCA?

In my personal opinion the immigration process for Federal Skill Workers is very simple and there is no need to hire a consultant. But some of my friends did hire the services of a consultant as they thought it helps in a way that the consultant takes all the responsibility of checking the documents etc etc….
Whether you want to hire a consultant is your personal decision and you have to look around for a reliable consultant.

Regarding work experience all I did was to submit the experience certificates mentioning the major job responsibilities and tenure of employment. They never called or checked with my existing or previous employers but in my friends case they did called at his office and confirmed the details of experience letter from HR department. In some cases they also visited their offices. Its all depend on the immigration officer and I think in my case the immigration officer was either very lenient or she got all the information in my documentation package.

No dear you will not get points for any part qualification.

Regards

- MRS - 01-25-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kaleemkahn</i>
<br />Thanks Toronto-Boy for ur reply.
Actually my brother is currently earning about US$5800/month in Singapore.I agree that job depends on ones calibre and luck.But He wanted to have an idea of salary range in Canada so that he could decide a move or otherwise stay where he is.If u provide just an idea of salary , I would be obliged.
3)Main ACCA affiliate hoon with Bsc(hons) O.brokes uni aur Bcom from Punjab uni.Kia yeh qualifications 22 points fetch karay gi ya 20?
4)University of central Punjab offers 4 years BBA and then MBA to CAs,ACCAs etc.This makes 17 years education ,would it fetch 25 points?Plz reply.

<b></b>Please read the answers to your queries below.<b></b>

1 ) Following is the break up of IELTS result and points awarded for immigration

The maximum points for IELTS is 16. The break-up of 16 points are as follows

<b></b>Speaking<b></b> 6.5 band and Above = 4 points
in between 5.5 to 6 = 2 points
in between 4 to 5 = 1 point

<b></b>Listening<b></b> 7.5 band and above = 4 points
in between 5.5 to 7 = 2 points
in between 4.5 to 5 = 1 point

<b></b>Reading<b></b> 6.5 band and above 4 points
in between 5 to 6 = 2 points
in between 3.5 to 4.5 = 1 point

<b></b>Writing<b></b> 6.5 band and above = 4 points
in between 5.5 to 6 = 2 points
in between 4 to 5 = 1 point

2) I have no idea about French you can contact ALLIANCE for more information.

3) If you can support the ACCA qualification as equivalent to Masters then you can get 22 points. With the information I have ACCA has approached HEC to get the M.Com equivalency you can find the details with HEC.

4 ) Yes.

- sumairalam - 01-25-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bob02</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MRS</i>
[

<font color="red">This type of experience which you are referring may earn by visiting facility or consultants etc ... please be specific in your query in order to reply.</font id="red">

<font color="red">
you will get points on the basis of full time studies or equivalent to full time studies in all cases when you donot actually earned certificates without studying points will not be awarded.
</font id="red">

Immigration is not for the purposes of salary may an applicant will not get 5800 per month in his whole life in canada , immigration is for satisfaction of life style , benefits , education and life after retirement.

God forbid if any thing happened to a person which causes him to partial or permanent disability and he will no longer able to work than what sort of compensation he will receives in pakistan ? UAE ? singapre ? or in Canada???

Medical bebefits , pension plan , education and so on ..

Regarding your queries please see in Red

<br />Thanks Toronto-Boy for ur reply.

<font color="red">Already answered in detail by MRS</font id="red">

<font color="red">You need to appear in Test d’évaluation de français (TEF)
and atleast gets 181 points in speaking and writing ,145 in listening
and 121 in reading to fetch 2 points in immigration. </font id="red">

<font color="red">If your BCOM is two years than you will get 20 points if it is 3 or 4 years program than you will receive 22 points.

In order to get points on the Basis of ACCA you need to provide credit hour statement or degree / certificate from HEC recognized institute or colleges or from University or colleges having their own charter.

In order to get points on the basis of O. Brokes university degree you need to have equivalency certificate from HEC.</font id="red">

<font color="red">Theoretically it will , but practically speaking i never saw any applicant getting 25 points on the basis of pakistani education unless he is PHD.</font id="red">

join http//www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5&title=for-chc-islamabad-applicants

Please also note that services of lawyers and consultants is high;y required if applicants profession is doctor or engineer ( material etc). Or he works in government sectors like defense etc.

further in case the applicant has complex family structure than also it is advisable that he will consult before applying.

Thanks & Best of Luck!

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
<br /><i>Originally posted by MRS</i>
<b></b><u></u><b>Just a clarification</b><u></u><b></b>

I am not a immigration consultant or a lawyer what ever i stated is my personal experience.
Thanks for the help.
Any site providing consultancy related to immigration affairs?
What about local market consultants? are they reliable?

- shani420 - 01-25-2010

@ kaleemkahn
you said that you have Bsc hons from Oxford Brokes then it solely fetch 22 points.(a relative got it).

Thanks MRS for ur reply.
One more question.
Kia 1 year experience mandatory hai ya nahi?If one can manage to cross the threshold of 67 points without claiming experience points ,would he be eligible or not?

- MRS - 01-25-2010

<br />Thanks MRS for ur reply.
One more question.
Kia 1 year experience mandatory hai ya nahi?If one can manage to cross 67 points threshold without claiming experience points, would he be eligible or not?

The first qualification for immigration under new rules is that the applicant should have at least one year experience in one of the 38 occupations listed on cic website. If you do not have that experience then you can not apply.

Thanks Sumairalam for providing details regarding French language points.I war searching for it.
As far as your thoughts regarding salary and immigration , I respect them(agreement is not necessary).Zindagi aur mot to Allah ki marzi per hai.
Plz answer the following.
1)Hec recognize Bsc hons from Oxford Brokes as 3 years degree hence 15 years education and issue a certificate.But why should I produce this certificate from HEC(Oxford Brokes does not come under HEC).It is recognized degree in UK.As far as my Bcom , it is 2 years so 20 points are confirmed.
2)Why u say that theoratically uni of central Punjab's degrees can fetch 25 points but realistically it would not?Is it authentic info or just a mere guess?Rs 141000 ki bat hai bhai.Main waste na ker bethoo.