Accountancy Forum
This is for those who are migrating to Canada - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: This is for those who are migrating to Canada (/showthread.php?tid=6543)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- Kaleemkahn - 01-25-2010

Thanks MRS for ur reply.I have less than one year experience.But I would wait for 3 months to complete it.Regards.

- sumairalam - 01-25-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kaleemkahn</i>
<br />Thanks Sumairalam for providing details regarding French language points.I war searching for it.
As far as your thoughts regarding salary and immigration , I respect them(agreement is not necessary).Zindagi aur mot to Allah ki marzi per hai.
Plz answer the following.
1)Hec recognize Bsc hons from Oxford Brokes as 3 years degree hence 15 years education and issue a certificate.But why should I produce this certificate from HEC(Oxford Brokes does not come under HEC).It is recognized degree in UK.As far as my Bcom , it is 2 years so 20 points are confirmed.
<font color="red">
I have never seen the certificate itself , if duration year of studies is mentioned than its OK as far as CHC is concerned.</font id="red"><font color="red">
But it always better to get the equivalency it hepls in bridging any deficiency in working paper you submit for claiming points under education.</font id="red">

<font color="red">If you donot send the equivalency than you must put your case in very organized manner </font id="red">

2)Why u say that theoratically uni of central Punjab's degrees can fetch 25 points but realistically it would not?Is it authentic info or just a mere guess?Rs 141000 ki bat hai bhai.Main waste na ker bethoo.

dear i can not prove it but i met many people and in forum we have lots of individual applicant none of them have got 25 points ..

my observation in this regard is that usually after honors ( 3 years)

masters program in many of the universities do not have full credit hours of 72 , and this prevent IO to give full points.. Allah knows best.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

- Trueman - 01-25-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MRS</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Trueman</i>
<br />Dear Friends,
First of all I would like to thank all of you for sharing such a valuable information. Its really really making a difference.
The question I want to put for which i am little bit confused is about being as an ACMA (PAk) how much points i can get.
The max eduction point criteria which CIC laid down is master degree and 17 year education. So my case is

B.Sc 14 Year<font face="Tahoma"></font id="Tahoma">
ACMA equal to master 3 year
================================
Master degree and 17 year education.

Does the above proposition will fetch 25 points. if not how much points can we get as an ACMA.
regards

Dear I have already clarified that ACMA’s are entitled to get 25 points. I have got immigration in August 2009 and I was awarded 25 points for education.
You need to get equivalency certificate from HEC to support your claim of being masters and secondly you should attach a Letter of good standing from ICMAP members department to support that ICMAP is equal to 17 years education.

Regards

thank you very much. your help is much appreciated.if you dont mind can i contact you to get some further info.
thanks

- Kaleemkahn - 01-25-2010

Thanks for ur reply sumairalam.
The certificate of HEC which I refered is actually an equavalency certificate.I also have not seen it but it is mentioned on their webpage (for Bsc from Oxford Brokes).

- MRS - 01-26-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Trueman</i>
<br />[quote]<i>Originally posted by MRS</i>
<br />[quote]<i>Originally posted by Trueman</i>
<br />Dear Friends,
thank you very much. your help is much appreciated.if you dont mind can i contact you to get some further info.
thanks

No problem

You guys should also look for information on following forum

http//www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pakistan-application-forum-t19839.6480.html

Search for information as many members including me have contributed on this forum and few have got immigration and are in canada right now.

- maqszaman - 01-26-2010

Hi Everyone,

I am extremely sorry that I could not participate in the discussion. I am onerously busy in cloasing and audit these days.However, I am thankful to Toronto Boy and MRS for their valuable contributions. I will be off and on during next couple of weeks.

Regards,

- bob02 - 01-27-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MRS</i>

...<i>.in my friends case they did called at his office and confirmed the details of experience letter from HR department. In some cases they also visited their offices.
</i>
Thanks for the help
Can you describe the quals of your friend whose <b>experience was checked</b>?
and also for the one whose <b>office was visited</b>??
just trying to understand a point.

- sumairalam - 01-27-2010

Dear bob02

IO visits to office or call to check employment record is dependent on two factors

1) Documentation submitted to claim work experience
2) Credibility and nature of employor

Best regards

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bob02</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MRS</i>

...<i>.in my friends case they did called at his office and confirmed the details of experience letter from HR department. In some cases they also visited their offices.
</i>
Thanks for the help

- MRS - 01-27-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bob02</i>
Thanks for the help

My friend is also an ACMA.

I think the factors mentioned by Sumair Alam are right, as in my case they did not contacted my employers this can be due to the fact that my profile is available on our company's website

- bob02 - 01-28-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sumairalam</i>
<br />[quote]<i>Originally posted by bob02</i>
<br />[quote]<i>Originally posted by MRS</i>
[

...<b><i> please be specific in your query in order to reply.[/red] </i></b>

This is in relation to my previous question.
How is work experience calculated?, hours worked per day,per week?
How is full time study calculated?, hours studied per day,per week?
What is "equivalent to full-time" studies?

- Kaleemkahn - 01-28-2010

Hi Toronto_Boy,
I mailed CA ONTARIO regarding reciprocal membership of ICAO and CICA on the basis of ICAEW membership.They replied that only those ICAEW members are entitiled to reciprocal membership(after CARE) who have passed all parts(papers) of ICAEW.Hence All those gaining exemptions and becoming members r not eligible for reciprocal membership of CICA.
Earlier ICAA(AUSTRALIA) also said that only those ICAEW's who gained membership without exemptions r eligible for reciprocity.
I feel it is really pathatic.Phir to un ko koi benefit hi nahin jo ACCA k baad exemption lay ker ICAEW kertay hain.

- Toronto_Boy - 01-29-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kaleemkahn</i>
<br />Hi Toronto_Boy,
I feel it is really pathatic. Phir to un ko koi benefit hi nahin jo ACCA k baad exemption lay ker ICAEW kertay hain.

Bhai mayray, aap aik teer say kitnay shikaar karna chahtay ho?

Kia ACCA ki exemptions ki waja say ICAEW ki length short hona koi benefit nahi hay kia? Kia ICAEW ki itself koi worth nahi hay kia? Kia ACCA alongwith ICAEW kay saath koi benefits reap nahi kiay jasaktay dunya main kia?

Agar CICA nahi hoga to kia zindagi khatam ho jay gi. CGA karlo ACCA kay MRA say.

Reciprocity exam to aik (1) requirement hay CICA ki, aur dosri requirements like experience requirements (in CICA ATOs) bhi hain. Agar CICA reciprocity exam approve bhi karday ICAEW kayliay (with ACCA exemptions), to kia CICA Non-UK (for example Pakistani) experience accept karlay ga kia Canadian CA award karnay kay lia? Phir kia CICA ATOs kay experience ki requirement nahi lagay ga kia? In result, agar CICA ATOs main job mil hi gai (jo kay even ICAEW kay zaryay reciprocity exam pass karnay kay baad bhi Canadian ATOs main experience satisfy karnay kay liay karni hogi) to CICA kay regular exam say hi qualify karlayna agar reciprocity allow nahi hoa.

Bhai bura nahi man-na, magar urdu ki aik kahawat hay kay, mudai sust aur gawah chust. Agar yah sab analysis aap apnay bhai sahib kay liay karrahay hain to kia onko itni fursat bhi nahi hay kay wo directly yah sab pooch sakain? Main yah iss liay kah raha hon kay aik doosray thread par aap apnay liay CFA kay baray main basic information pooch rahay thay, to kia agar aap kay bhai sahib khud CFA hain to aap onsay direct kion nahi maloom kartay? Wo aap ko zyada authentic information day saktay hain.

I hope you would not mind for above basic points.

Regards

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9279

<br />Hi guys,
I have following questions regarding CFA
1) I am ACCA affiliate(with bsc oxford brookes), am I eligible to sit in exams?
2) Is there any work experience requirement for CFA, if yes than what is its duration?
3) there r 3 stages but how many papers does each stage has?
4) total expenses in dollars for CFA?
Plz reply.

- maqszaman - 01-29-2010

Hi,

@bob I think we are not immigration lawyers. We share things based on observation and experience. Please note that visa officer has unlimited powers. He can take any step to make him satisfied that your record is clean, information is correct and you will be adoptable for Canadian society. So everyone's experience will be different based on his/her situation. The visa officer also takes some random cases and thoroughly verifies them. No one can predict how he/she will evaluate your education and experience, and adoptability.

@ Kaleem You just can double dip the benefits. There are certain rules for MRA and you have to comply with them. You can claim CGA designation here in Canada if you have done your ACCA, as Toronto Boy explained. In the job sector, CGA is also well demanded.

Hi, Toronto_Boy & MRS,

I appreciate your co-operation. As I told earlier, I am onerously busy in some other stuff so I won’t be able to take care of this thread. My absence might be longer. However, I will try to visit as and when possible.
Regards,

- sumairalam - 01-30-2010

This is in relation to my previous question.
How is work experience calculated?, hours worked per day,per week?

Dear Bob , you need to prove that you have atleast one year of experience if your job is continuing than present the experience letter if you have expereince in different jobs than calculate period from job dates like - Job A - Feb 10 2007 to March 15 2007 = ?? days than March 17 2007 to Oct 5 2007 = ??? days and so on , you need to provide atleast 365 days experience.

" “Full-time” is defined in R78(1) as requiring at least 15 hours of instruction per week during
the academic year, including any period of training in the workplace that forms part of the
course of instruction."

but not necessary you are called full time student when you enroll in academic institution as regular student. Like rgularprograms of universities.

• “Full-time equivalent” means, in respect of part-time or accelerated studies, the period of time
that would have been required to complete those studies on a full-time basis.

Like MBA - executive program completed in one year but equals to 72 credit hours.

Best Regards

- bob02 - 01-31-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sumairalam</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bob02</i>

" “<i>Full-time” is defined in R78(1) as requiring at least 15 hours of instruction per week during
but not necessary you are called full time student when you enroll in academic institution as regular student. Like rgularprograms of universities. </i>
This is interesting..I studied 2 hrs a day,5 days a week for 1 yr for my PGD at K.U.which is equal to 10 hrs per week for a year..that means I'm short of 5 hrs a week in study...which further means that..My PGD is NOT equal to a one year programme from immig.point of view and will not get me points unless I replenish it with further studies...hmmm!!!![(!]...any idea[?]