Accountancy Forum
Talent Management and Recruitment Fair 2009 - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Talent Management and Recruitment Fair 2009 (/showthread.php?tid=6581)

Talent Management and Recruitment Fair 2009 - Odyssee - 09-17-2009

ACCA Pakistan is organising Talent Management and Recruitment Fair 2009 on 9 October 2009 at Avari Hotel, Karachi, where you will have an opportunity to gain first hand information on job opportunities and recruitment requirements, from ACCA Approved Employers by way of presentation sessions by their senior HR and Finance representatives and even meet them for personalised career advise or an on spot interview at their stalls.

To register for Talent Management 2009, please contact customer services department at ACCA Pakistan.

- rizla86 - 10-05-2009

I was at the Lahore fair today. unfortunately i didn't note down Coca Cola's career website..which was definitely mentioned on their stall. However google shows absolutely no sign of a Coca Cola Pakistan website...I wonder if anyone knows what it is.

- awaisaftab - 10-06-2009

Big companies only place stalls in job fair but do not offer jobs to job seeker. These companies expose as they have many jobs. But jobs are offered by big companies with the approval of top management and publish in well known national newspapers.

- aimaad22 - 10-09-2009

The one is Islamabd is on the 13th. Im planning to go.

How was it rizla? Was it worth the time?

- toor - 10-12-2009

Dear;
well i dnt understand what is the purpose of such Fair..as i confirmed from different companies(almost 80%) that there is no opening .. and they are just there to collect resume.
i also feel student of ACCA are very demotivated.i met lot of students, affilate and also with member. they are realy facing tough time to get job.i read some where in Kamran ACA post about the wrong policy of ACCA in Pakistan.and i really agree.
Now Pakistani market is really saturated with ACCA. and still they are puttting more and more ACCA in market..
Big 4 only consider Affiliates.which is wrong behavior,but when asked they told that when they have affilate applications more than finalist ,, why they shuld consider ACCA finalist.
there may be a factor that ACCA pakistan want to show their performance by claiming that << look all the big employer recruits ACCA>>>

but how can they facilitate such a huge number of ACCA .

like wartisla ,i know they have total of 9 persons staff in their finance section .but someone who dnt know may think that oo God 107 companies join hands with ACCA in pakistan.
so i think student should take his decision with great care.

ACCA should set atleast Bachelor criteria to enter ACCA .
also after F level there must be compulsion to start training.. so only person who is doing training somewhere can attempt P level paper..
in the end wish best of luch to all ACCA students.
Regards;

- rizla86 - 10-12-2009

I agree with Toor, a lot of the companies were just collecting CVs and it looked like the pile was going to end up in the bin. ACCA asked us to bring along 20 copies of cvs but I don't think there were that many employers. about the big 4 I really can't understand why they are willing to recruit CA Inter but when they get an ACCA finalist, they will prefer affiliates giving lame excuses like you can't handle the work load. Truth is its cheaper for them because they don't have to pay study support and give exam leaves to affiliates. The fault does lie partly with ACCA because if there was a restriction on giving professional papers with a training contract all the companies would be hiring part qualified ACCAs. it wasn't really a real job fair but it just provided an opportunity to talk to employers.

and the ACCA job portal is totally useless. Its like going to Rozee.pk and entering accounting in the search field, and it shows really old job postings from Rozee. I really thought it was going to be about advertising job vacancies specifically for ACCA part qualified or affiliates, like they do for other countries (UK) on the ACCA website..