Accountancy Forum
UCP BBA for ACCA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: UCP BBA for ACCA (/showthread.php?tid=6656)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

UCP BBA for ACCA - arsenal.gooner - 10-01-2009

hi,

The University of Central Punjab states on its website that it offers a BBA (hons) degree to ACCA part II qualified on submission of a research thesis. Anybody here who has gone for it or has any knowledge about it. Whether the degree is HEC recognized and eligible to considered for admission in masters (in other universities).??

I mailed UCP twice but did not get any response.

I would appreciate a swift response

- tariqsohail - 10-01-2009

BBA degree received from UCP on the basis of ACCA qualification is recognized by HEC.

I know one personal contact detail in UCP who is dealiong in this section but due to some ethical reason I can not disclose this to you but I think you will not get any email response from them and you need to call them by telephone.

Regards,
Sohail

- arsenal.gooner - 10-05-2009

So you have any idea of how many year degree is awarded (3 years/ 4 year) and how the class of the degree is established ?

Anybody who has done it ????

- tariqsohail - 10-05-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsenal.gooner</i>
<br />So you have any idea of how many year degree is awarded (3 years/ 4 year) and how the class of the degree is established ?

Anybody who has done it ????

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Good question, let see if somebody have this answer or not.

- Osama Rules - 10-05-2009

Salam,

Instead of waiting for others to reply,i think it would be better if u contact the person whom u personally know of!!

In this way u would prrove to be quiet helpful for this guy..

@ARSENAL

Did u contacted the university by giving them a call??

Regards.vvv[)]

- arsenal.gooner - 10-06-2009

@ OSAMA

i am thinking of giving them a call but you know, you cannot be so detailed in a phone call then in an e-mail. And waisay bhi, my timings are that im awake at night and sleeping all day, so..

but i'll try to give them a call.

- ACCAite - 10-06-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsenal.gooner</i>
<br />@ OSAMA

i am thinking of giving them a call but you know, you cannot be so detailed in a phone call then in an e-mail. And waisay bhi, my timings are that im awake at night and sleeping all day, so..

but i'll try to give them a call.

please post the link, i searched the website but couldnt find anything like that. Plus, i hear noone talking about it....because if thats so....its really good, getting an additional degree.

I will call them up tomorrow but please do post the link to where it says about ACCA skills passed gettng degree etc.....

thanks.

- arsenal.gooner - 10-07-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ACCAite</i>
<br />
please post the link, i searched the website but couldnt find anything like that. Plus, i hear noone talking about it....because if thats so....its really good, getting an additional degree.

I will call them up tomorrow but please do post the link to where it says about ACCA skills passed gettng degree etc.....

thanks.

here is the link

http//www.ucp.edu.pk/commerce/degrees-programs/bba-mba-accounting-finance.aspx

Plz inform us after you call them.

- Shoaeb - 10-08-2009

Fees of BBA from ucp after acca is Rs 40000.

- arsenal.gooner - 10-15-2009

Well Rs 40000 for a recognized BBA degree is not bad at all.

- arsenal.gooner - 10-15-2009

@ ACCAite

DID YOU CALL THEM ??

- faizicapri - 10-15-2009

well UCP is offering its BBA to many professional qualifications
and PIPFA is one of them
as i am a PIPFA qualified i am also looking for it
but i am unaware of its details too !!

regards,
Muhammad Faizan Pasha

- awaisaftab - 10-16-2009

UCP is also offering BBA to ICMA stage-4 qualified and MBA to ICMA stage 5 and stage 6 qualified. But its feeses are high. One of my friend who is ACMA applied for MBA degree the fee demanded by him is Rs.80,000/-. Although its not a huge amount but it is reasonable sum specially for those who have already invested huge money time and efforts for other qualification. I do not know what is the fee of BBA for ICMA stage 4 and stage 5 qualified.

- arsenal.gooner - 10-16-2009

Well according to me, the biggest advantage of getting the bba degree is that you have a recognized qualification of 16 year education, which makes you eligible for masters program. we all know b.com is a sh*t degree

- Intrepid - 10-22-2009

Really a helping hand for people like us (read 14 yr degree holders)