Accountancy Forum
Passing Criteria in ICMAP - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Passing Criteria in ICMAP (/showthread.php?tid=6657)

Passing Criteria in ICMAP - awaisaftab - 10-01-2009

Although ICMAP discloses that Passing per centage is 50% but some students have the view that its not the real case. Passing per centage is increased by the institute on the basis of paper quality ( Easy or Difficult) and on the average performance of the students. Another issue is that in my opinion tight marking is made in senior stages. Anyone can tell me about the passing criteria of ICMAP.

- tariqsohail - 10-01-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by awaisaftab</i>
<br />Although ICMAP discloses that Passing per centage is 50% but some students have the view that its not the real case. Passing per centage is increased by the institute on the basis of paper quality ( Easy or Difficult) and on the average performance of the students. Another issue is that in my opinion tight marking is made in senior stages. Anyone can tell me about the passing criteria of ICMAP.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Awais,

Though most of us believe that passing criteria of ICMAP is 50% but it's true that it varries from paper to paper and might be on market demand and supply basis also.

Because sometime in the past while I was studing in ICMAP, I find my result in that category of grade where I thought that even I didn't attempt my paper to that much marks. So it's clear that ICMAP changing passing criteria from paper to paper.

Secondly in the recent past, due to evaluation requirement when we contact ICMAP to provide us grade sheet criteria in terms of marks so that we can forward to evaluators (evaluators are not taking EX-E, TE, PE grades in evaluation because they think we took this exemption on the basis of other qualification), ICMAP provided us such a beautiful worksheet that even we were confused from that sheet then you can imagine the condition of evaluator who is sitting in a different country.

In the last yes most of the time pasing criteria is 50% but it's not hold good in all cases.

Regards,
Sohail

- awaisaftab - 10-02-2009

How you find that once he got 70% marks???

- tariqsohail - 10-02-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by salman13</i>
<br />My Cousin has been giving Economics paper from last 2 years but he is not passed due to lack of Demand in Market.Even once he got 70% marks
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

That's really surprising because ICMAP not disclosing marks obtained in the exams by students.

Regards,
Sohail

- Spectator - 10-06-2009

about ICMAP, Passing criteria is unknown,
however, failing criteria is very high[D]

they recommend around 10 books for most papers but paper is made from the eleventh book[V] wo bhe koi puranay zamanay ki .

but due to the same reason, CMA's worth is at top ranking for the last few years