Accountancy Forum
Quailities of Accountant - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Quailities of Accountant (/showthread.php?tid=6665)

Pages: 1 2

Quailities of Accountant - salman13 - 10-02-2009

Asalamualikum,

I want to ask that Wat kind of Quailities Should an Accountant Possess to become Scuessful in his Field?

I will More looking forward to get answers from Seniors

Regards

Salman

- awaisaftab - 10-02-2009

Following are the key qualities of a successfull accountant
1.Honesty
2.Commitment with SOP's of the company
3.Knowledge of function of company.
4.Innovative
5.Creative thinking
6.Willingness to incorporate theoratical concepts in practice
7.Strickness on principles
8.Good Communication and presentation skills

- yasir_live - 10-03-2009

Following qualities an Accountant must pocess.

1) He must be good with Numbers.
2) Must have good calculations.
3) Must be able to sit long hours infront of computer.
4) Must have good organising skills, to organise his/her work properly.

Etc.

- salman13 - 10-03-2009

Asalamualikum,

I would like to thank awaisaftab & yasir_live for replies.

But i m looking Replies from Seniors especially Astute Accountant & Kamran ACA & Others

Regards,

Salman

- Astute Accountant - 10-05-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by salman13</i>
<br />Asalamualikum,

I would like to thank awaisaftab & yasir_live for replies.

But i m looking Replies from Seniors especially Astute Accountant & Kamran ACA & Others

Regards,

Salman
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

W/Salam,

I'm busy. Will reply in a day or two Inshallah.

- Astute Accountant - 10-07-2009

Here are some qualities that an accountant must have

Vision

Take risk

Making decisions

Self knowledge

Pursue Life long knowledge

Communicate Effectively

Inspire Others

Integrity i.e., commitment to ethics

Receptive to other’s advices

Good at number crunching

Hope they serve your purpose...

- kamranACA - 10-07-2009

An accountancy/audit professional-

- Should be down to the earth, but at times, very autocratic; and must be knowing how to prove his point based upon facts and figures;

- Must be updated regularly (without this he can't be autocratic when required)for this, apart from specific professional stuff, he must study business news regularly and if possible watch all TV Biz programs as well as current affairs programs;

- Must posses ability to read between the line;

- Must be honest, fair, committed and accountable;

- Must value his-self and his services very high and be knowing how to prove it;

- Must be very good at Law and regulatory framework; its far more important than merely the number crunching;

- Should be knowing every industry and sector and must be having deep knowledge of what he is into;

Regards,

- hshamsi - 10-07-2009

@ abv..

bt it really dnt happen in reality.. y?? y we're forced to b'cum dishonest while in our profession? at this stage i really wish i cud chg ths attitude.. bt invain.. we actually 're forced to move in the same direction.. its really disappointing..

regards

- salman13 - 10-08-2009

Asalamualikum,

Its an Great Honour for me to get replies from Astute Accoutant & Kamran ACA.

Thanks again

Regards,

- adilmushtaq - 10-08-2009

KamranACA & Astute Accountant can you reply to my post at http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=8609

- kamranACA - 10-08-2009

Hina

I could not understand what do you wish to say but certainly there are some basis for such a frustration.

I wonder if the set up, where you are, is making things odd for their staff.

In my whole career I never learnt from any qualified senior, manager or partner any odd, or disreputing thing from their acts and deeds. My firm and my seniors are always highly respected by me for their egos, self respect, honesty and principles. God knows it is the only reason I am outrightly associated with my firm.

I, however, must say that we all are neither the angels nor the perfect humans and may have so many grey areas in our lives.

Regards,

Kamran.

- hshamsi - 10-08-2009

@ kamran

ya certainly ur rite, i dnt even have words for most of ma seniors who r exceptionally outstanding in all of thr fields.. bt u no the truth is office politics, favoritism thingz r common as frm the day one in all the big 4 as far as i’ve seen.. late sittings r jst to give an image that “eveytthng goin gud, work is outstanding , everything jst fabulous, all under great pressure cant finalize without givin 2-3 nights at office..” n for ma personal experience , quite a few times mery sach ne mujhy marwaya.. phutta scene n goli’s r as usual, without thm no way out especially for audit finalization stuff..

m jst so disappointed bt cant do either way.. of course no one gets everything perfect at their place.. sm compromises r always needed everywhr..

regards

- hshamsi - 10-08-2009

n ofcourse.. thr r grey areas of every one everywhr, no one is angel nt even me.. my mistake was jst that i highlighted thm.. otherwise thr r certainly great thingz in thm which r actually the reason for their success.. n the reason of our pride..

regards

- Astute Accountant - 10-09-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by salman13</i>
<br />Asalamualikum,

Its an Great Honour for me to get replies from Astute Accoutant & Kamran ACA.

Thanks again

Regards,

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

W/salam and mention not. I'm here to serve my people. )

- salman13 - 10-11-2009

Well where are other Guys i also want replies from them