Accountancy Forum
I m short and precise with my question - REPLY - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I m short and precise with my question - REPLY (/showthread.php?tid=6667)

I m short and precise with my question - REPLY - faizan3 - 10-02-2009

DEar All Seniors specially Kamran bhai,Rabia K and others !!

I want to clear 1 thing, I m not going to leave Law now... as I have spent enough time so I will must do practice inshallah ... but as I have told u tht I might go to pak or to dubai for work experience ...

wht I want to ask u guys is, if I will do practice and also try to do ACCA during this time and inshallah if I will pass part 1 and part 2 of ACCA or complete ACCA. Do u think it wud be useful for me and I wil have a plus of holding another professional degree with LLB(hons)for example if I wil become a tax or corporate lawyer ... or it wont help me ?? shud I just stuck with my practice and dont do anything else ACCA or any other professional course? I personally feel after completing my LLB maybe ACCA wont be that hard for me at least part 1 and part 2 and I can afford it easily as well.. but my main concerned is whether it wud be helpful or it would be a waste of time & money. Just last thing is there any link b/w these two professions or they r totally different ?

I will really appreciate ur guidance and help.

Regards,
Faizan

- Mujahid - 10-02-2009

Ye short hai???

- faizan3 - 10-02-2009

YES it is ... atleast shorter than the last one ... [)]

- kamranACA - 10-02-2009

Faizan

I conveyed you on other thread the reply to this question which probably you did not notice.

Any additional qualification will add value to your knowledge and pocket in one way or other. ACCA is not that costly when you compare it with what you have done so far. Therefore, if you feel it is quite easier for you, there is no harm in taking it up.

There is no strict relevance between the two. However, your law will compliment your ACCA more than what ACCA will do to your law. I mean if you stick to your law practice, ACCA may not be much helpful except for a bit on banking, corporate or taxation areas. However, if you are at some job on the basis of ACCA, your law and your knowledge of law will always help you in every step of life.

By the way I am not a lawyer so I am no more in pursuance of BVC. Rather, I am a professional accountant.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- Astute Accountant - 10-02-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Faizan

I conveyed you on other thread the reply to this question which probably you did not notice.

Any additional qualification will add value to your knowledge and pocket in one way or other. ACCA is not that costly when you compare it with what you have done so far. Therefore, if you feel it is quite easier for you, there is no harm in taking it up.

There is no strict relevance between the two. However, your law will compliment your ACCA more than what ACCA will do to your law. I mean if you stick to your law practice, ACCA may not be much helpful except for a bit on banking, corporate or taxation areas. However, if you are at some job on the basis of ACCA, your law and your knowledge of law will always help you in every step of life.

By the way I am not a lawyer so I am no more in pursuance of BVC. Rather, I am a professional accountant.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Good! I liked your reply. )

- faizan3 - 10-02-2009

Thank u so much kamran bhai, I have understood it completely !! but lets see if sum1 else can add sumthing to it .. otherwise I will follow ur advice [D]

- Astute Accountant - 10-02-2009

In my view, Kamran Bhai's reply is a "complete" answer to your query. That's why I didn't feel the need to add something from my side.

Reason for editing Correction of a gramatic mistake!

- faizan3 - 10-03-2009

yes I feel same ... so I will start my ACCA once I wil be in pak )

so inshallah I will keep in touch with all u accountant brothers ..... this site is very gud and helpful with such an amazing ppl.... Bless u all !!

- rabia-k - 10-03-2009

graduates are exempted from some papers of the ACCA qualification. as you are already registered with ACCA, you should check whether you are still eligible for exemptions or not.

- faizan3 - 10-03-2009

Thanks Rabia, I will check it but I m not registered with ACCA yet...

- rabia-k - 10-03-2009

Faizan, you are registered for CAT.

- faizan3 - 10-04-2009

Rabia I was registered but not anymore !! but I think it wont be an issue to register again for ACCA .