Accountancy Forum
not e-filing tax return & submiting w. statement - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tax (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: not e-filing tax return & submiting w. statement (/showthread.php?tid=6684)

not e-filing tax return & submiting w. statement - asimlink - 10-07-2009

Dear Friends,

Please tell me what happens
1. when some employee whose tax on salary is already deducted and submitted by his employer but he/she does not files (or e-files) his/her tax return?
2. when the same employee does not submits his/her wealth statement?

Please consider that the employee's salary exceeds the minimum taxable earning set by fbr for wealth statment.

Regards,

Asim

- faisal_desperado - 10-08-2009

Dear Asim,

Section 182(1) deals with both of your similitude queries, which states that "Any person who, without reasonable excuse, fails to furnish return of income or a wealth statement for any tax year, shall be liable for a penalty equal to one-tenth of one per cent of the tax payable for each day of default subject to a minimum penalty of five hundred rupees and a maximum penalty of twenty-five per cent of the tax payable in respect of that tax year"

Furthermore, as per section 191(2), If a person convicted of an offence with regards to the same act i.e. failure to file return of income or a wealth statement after further time period allowed has been passed away, such person shall commit a further offence punishable on conviction with a fine <b>not exceeding fifty thousand*</b> rupees or imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or both.

<b>*Added by finance act 2009</b>, before which, amount was not specified.

Regards,

- Sheraz Ahmad - 10-30-2009

Thanks for ur Info my Dear Faisal.Its time to deduct & submit the same to Govt.In dear days it is very easy to every one
------------------------------------------------------------------
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by faisal_desperado</i>
<br />Dear Asim,

Section 182(1) deals with both of your similitude queries, which states that "Any person who, without reasonable excuse, fails to furnish return of income or a wealth statement for any tax year, shall be liable for a penalty equal to one-tenth of one per cent of the tax payable for each day of default subject to a minimum penalty of five hundred rupees and a maximum penalty of twenty-five per cent of the tax payable in respect of that tax year"

Furthermore, as per section 191(2), If a person convicted of an offence with regards to the same act i.e. failure to file return of income or a wealth statement after further time period allowed has been passed away, such person shall commit a further offence punishable on conviction with a fine <b>not exceeding fifty thousand*</b> rupees or imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or both.

<b>*Added by finance act 2009</b>, before which, amount was not specified.

Regards,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">