Accountancy Forum
Need Advice! (Urgent) - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Need Advice! (Urgent) (/showthread.php?tid=6698)

Pages: 1 2

Need Advice! (Urgent) - Noway - 10-10-2009

I am CA Inter and soon be joining firm for article ship. I want advice about doing another qualification with CA. Plz advise which qualification should be done along with CA.

- Mujahid - 10-10-2009

Umm, B.Com, aur M.A. Economics. Ye hi ho sakta hai. Uske ilawa, CFA, CIA, aur CISA bhi ho sakta hai. Waisay dil laga k CA hi kar lo to bohat hai. Doosri qualification ki filhaal zaroorat nahee hogi.

- Noway - 10-10-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mujahid</i>
<br />Umm, B.Com, aur M.A. Economics. Ye hi ho sakta hai. Uske ilawa, CFA, CIA, aur CISA bhi ho sakta hai. Waisay dil laga k CA hi kar lo to bohat hai. Doosri qualification ki filhaal zaroorat nahee hogi.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thanks for quick reply.
I have already done B.com and I am intending to do CIA but not sure about its worth in Pakistan.
If u or someone shed light on CIA it would be great.

- Ali RAZA - 10-10-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Noway</i>
<br />I am CA Inter and soon be joining firm for article ship. I want advice about doing another qualification with CA. Plz advise which qualification should be done along with CA.

There is no need to go for any other qualification after CA inter. Complete you training period and try your best for clearing Module E and F Exam. You are associated with world best accounting body.

- mappleapple - 10-12-2009

wanna advice...
to yeh lo tum be kya yad karo gay kis darya dil say paala parha hai...
my dear if you want to go ahead then why are you choosing CIA, CFA,CIMA, MA etc etc,
while all these qualification are approx equal to CA ICAP... degrion ka dhair laga hai wo bi similar...
go ahead and think about MPhil and PHd in Economics, Finance, and any other field after articleship...
aray yar aik jaisi bohat saari qualification se acha nahi ke app ke pass aik he big one qualification ho jo sab par bhaari ho...

- mappleapple - 10-12-2009

tell me with sincerity that after having CA qualification do you need of BCom degree...
if yes then proov it, if no then you have wasted your 2 years, becoz CA is much much bigger then BCom... and now whenever you need a job you never apply it for BCom bcoz you have CA...
baaqi yaar ap ne CA inter kya, mujh say ziada knowlegde ho ge kyun ke abi my 1st mod main hun...
my point is quite minor akin to others but think about it, HEC recognizes CA equavilent to Master...

- Noway - 10-13-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mappleapple</i>
<br />tell me with sincerity that after having CA qualification do you need of BCom degree...
if yes then proov it, if no then you have wasted your 2 years, becoz CA is much much bigger then BCom... and now whenever you need a job you never apply it for BCom bcoz you have CA...
baaqi yaar ap ne CA inter kya, mujh say ziada knowlegde ho ge kyun ke abi my 1st mod main hun...
my point is quite minor akin to others but think about it, HEC recognizes CA equavilent to Master...

Mappleapple, now a days market situation is not gud. And if someone do another qualification it might add some worth.
u might have notice that many people doing CA also do ACCA, though one get exemptions after qualifiying CA.

- yasir_live - 10-13-2009

Think for MBA(finance). Although you dont need it, but if you are willing to do some more, go for MBA finance.

- ausmanpk2001 - 10-13-2009

MBA is a very good option. Employers prefer candidates with MBA Finance + professional qualification.
Its right that CA is equal to Masters, but its not a Master degree. And complete CA is equal to Masters not CA inter or finalist.

Secondly, I'm not aware of the reason but I've seen many CA inters doing ACCA during articles. You may consider that too.

- Noway - 10-13-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ausmanpk2001</i>
<br />MBA is a very good option. Employers prefer candidates with MBA Finance + professional qualification.
Its right that CA is equal to Masters, but its not a Master degree. And complete CA is equal to Masters not CA inter or finalist.

Secondly, I'm not aware of the reason but I've seen many CA inters doing ACCA during articles. You may consider that too.

Is doing CIA along with CA worth. I think it wuld least affect CA final preparation. Any suggestion about doing CIA and what is worth of CIA in Pakistan or abroad??

- ausmanpk2001 - 10-13-2009

CIA coupled with a professional qualification is definitely worth in the gulf. Not sure about Pakistan but I think it should add value if you apply for an internal audit position.

- yasir_live - 10-14-2009

CA hi karlo sakoon say.

- danishayub_76 - 10-29-2009

CA sakoon say karna sakoon ka kaam nahee pyaarey.

[D]

- MuneerAhmed - 10-30-2009

I think after CA inter for ACCA one need to give 5 papers only and the rest are exempted so try for it while doing articles or do only CA now and then go for advance level papers of ICAEW.

BR
Muneer Ahmed

- yasir_live - 11-05-2009

I think after CA you may go for MSC(Chemistry). It is good degree.