Accountancy Forum
PIBF is not telling the Real Truth - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: PIBF is not telling the Real Truth (/showthread.php?tid=6764)

Pages: 1 2 3

PIBF is not telling the Real Truth - mazharje - 10-21-2009

My well wishes are with PIBF but at the moment they are saying that all papers of ICAEW will be conducted here in Pak and Emilewoolf is saying that only Advanced Stage papers i.e 13th and 14 and 15 will be held in Pak. I have talked to UK Officials and they have informed me that at the moment ICAEW is not going to hold its professional stage papers in Pak. In future there is every possibility taht they will be held in Pakistan. Good day for evey pakistani

- Osama Rules - 10-22-2009

Salam,

I don't know if that is the ground reality!!

As there r students in pak giving their ICAEW papers of professional level...
I wonder how is that possible or what king of game PIBF is playing!!

Would like them to clarify though as they r partner in learning of ICAEW.
[?]

- mazharje - 10-23-2009

Yar Osama PIBF is not responsible for this problem,it is the ICAEW

- Osama Rules - 10-24-2009

Salam,

I agree that the mistake is that of ICAEW.But still PIBF should come up with some sort of explnation or clarification....

Regards.

- UzairCh - 10-26-2009

ICAEW holding of Professional stage exams in Pakistan have been withdrawn for the time being due to request from ICAP and EWP.

May be this is the reason why PIBF is not taking anymore batches. ICAEW has removed Lahore and Karachi as examination centers for Professional stage from my registered trainee account on their website. You people should now attempt Advanced stage exams during this period, you need not to first complete professional level to become eligible to attempt Advance level exams. Then wait how things develop next year.

ICAEW can remove PIBF anytime from this list too.

http//www.icaew.com/index.cfm/route/165513/icaew_ga/en/my_ICAEW/Learning_partners/ICAEW_tutors/Partner_in_Learning_scheme/ICAEW_Partners_in_Learning

If that happens then your hopes for attempting Professional stage exams may die out.

- Osama Rules - 10-26-2009

Salam,

Thanks yar for that unique info,that makes sense to me.This future uncertainty in pak is one of the main reason i am planning for dubai.

If one hasn't given professional level papers then how can he/she attempt advanced level papers???

I know u dont have to give papers in sequence but still one after another should be the order no matter whatever the circumstances...

Hopefully situation will improve in future although there r no much sign of it!! [V]

Regards.

- UzairCh - 10-26-2009

For everyones information

<b>ACA Assessment Regulations</b>

<i>3 Eligibility

<b>Professional Stage</b>
To sit the Professional Stage assessments, an applicant must be registered as a
student with the ICAEW.
Students may register with the ICAEW
(a) as a student in a training contract
(b) as an independent student.
For further information on entry requirements see the ‘First Schedule Entry
Routes’ of the Learning and Professional Development Department Regulations

<b>Advanced Stage</b>
<b><u>Students may attempt the Technical Integration assessments at any point.</b></u>
The Case Study cannot be attempted unless the student has completed all but
their last year of approved training by the end of the month in which the
assessment is held.

<b><u>Students may not attempt the Case Study until they have attempted all the
Professional Stage and the Advanced Stage Technical Integration assessments.</b></u>
A student can sit all three Advanced Stage assessments at the same session
and still comply with this rule.</i>

ICAEW website link
http//www.icaew.com/index.cfm/route/163440/icaew_ga/Members/Support/Professional_conduct/Members_Handbook/Members_handbook_2009_section_5_second_schedule/pdf

So its only the case study that you have to attempt after you pass all exams and
be in the last year of training. Other exams (advanced and Professional stage) can be given anytime
with any combinations.

- UzairCh - 10-26-2009

Wasalam

Osama , I dont think it may be any good option going to Dubai for ICAEW.

1) Dubai is extremely expensive city.
2) Pheonix financial training , the tuition providers, are not offering tuition for all ICAEW papers at the moment. Check their application form available here

http//www.phoenixft.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/S09icaewenrolmentform.doc

They are only offering Management Information, Fiancial reporting, Financial Management and the case study. They keep changing subjects each attempt in next intake they will be holding classes for other 3 subjects. This way your gonna spend YEARS to qualify.

3) Exams fees are also very high.

4) Extremely hard to get ICAEW training especially in current recession conditions. You must know that companies/firms hardly recruit freshers in middle east. You must be referred by big4 in Pakistan to be recruited by big4 in middle east. People come from Middle east to hold interviews here in Pakistan at karachi offices and select people for Middle East, thats what I have seen in my firm EY and also heard the same for others.

- rabia-k - 10-27-2009

Osama,

you should keep in touch with phoenix ft. the ICAEW program is still new in UAE. hopefully there will be batches running by the time you are done with your A levels. come on a visit visa to UAE, and visit the firms offices personally. once you have the training contract you can study through distance learning.

- mazharje - 10-27-2009

Uzair is it possible to take advanced dtage papers before passing professional stage papers?

- Brohi - 10-27-2009

Uzair,

Any idea of ICAEW tution in Pakistan for Advance stages? Which college is offering good tution?

Thanks

- UzairCh - 10-27-2009

Mazhar !

Yes it is possible, read the assessment regulations I have posted above.

Brohi

Currently its only offered by EWP in Lahore and Karachi for advanced stage. As for PIBF is concerned their future is still uncertain.

- Brohi - 10-27-2009

Uzair,

Thanks for your reply. I have send a e-mail to you.Please respond to it. Thanks

- Osama Rules - 10-28-2009

Salam,

Thanks man u indeed have raised an important point abt the time period.

I am in contact with them & let's us see how the sitution turns out to be in coming months.......

The link u provided shows enlorment for only NOV/DEC exams.This may mean that other modules have already been completed although i have mailed them demanding clarification.

Plzz tell me bit more abt the last point u have made.

Thanks. [)]

- Osama Rules - 10-29-2009

Salam,

Batao na!!

[?]