Accountancy Forum
is being a late M.F.C with "NO REFERENCES" a sin - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: is being a late M.F.C with "NO REFERENCES" a sin (/showthread.php?tid=6886)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- sweet_accord - 12-01-2009

"it requires wisdom to understand wisdom,the music is nothing if the audience is deaf"
Walter Lippmann
nice quote[)]

- Mujahid - 12-02-2009

sweet accord,

aap ne apni post delete kar di, filhaal itna hi kaafi hai. Thanks.

- Ubaid15 - 12-03-2009

No reply yet ?

- sweet_accord@hotmail.com - 12-07-2009

i replyed again through a quote ,samaj to gay hogay[D]mujahid

- kashif_0014 - 12-12-2009

hello.
m from 17 mfc...
i hav got to refers(eco and accounts) in module B in last attempt and currently m taking classes of module C and at home m studying for mod B...
after luking at dis topic ..i wanted to ask da seniors dat if u r one MFC behind then how difficult is it to get into da big firms???
m asking dis bcoz i hav to decide dat shud i appear for only B or shud i give 5 papers dat is 2 papers of B and module C complete..???.
wot i m thinking of doing is dat is to study C also and give papers of B only in this attempt so dat in next attempt i can hav a good chance of clearing 3 papers of C...dis will make me one MFC behind but i may get C cleared in first attempt...

so if it happens like dis den will it be difficult to enter big4??

to give a little background i would like to add that i came from A levels science and got 3 As in A levels and 7As in olevels..

at da moment m very confused as to wot shud i do..i really need sum advice from da seniors..plz heelp me

P.S sorry for diverting from da topic and introducing my problem..

- sensible - 12-14-2009

last time i was also only one mfc late but i dint get in any firm
i just join a very small firm after endeavouring since 8 months

d decision of takin only C classes and giving xams in next session is completly senseless..as i hav loads ov xperience so i can understand better

wot my suggestn is go for 5 papers but concentrate on B papars.. if u get a single refer in C in case,, it can easily b cleard with D..so dat ur mfc wont b a problm
my frnds also got 2 refrs in B AND they gave 5 papars n got 2 refers in C while clearing B, and in D they cleared all 6 papars MASHALLAH,,, for ds alot of hard work is required

these r the possible outcomes so hope for the best anyways

if u r aTSA student then do take opinion 4m sir tabani as he always give best options

regards ASMA

- kashif_0014 - 12-14-2009

thanks for ur precious advice..i hav asked many teachers in TSA including sir tabani, miss saima and sir majid....and they all rejected the idea of 5 papers..they said dat u will spoil ur result of C also by giving 5 papers and then u will risk ur B again..they suggested to give only 2 papers only and take on C in next attempt.

then i realized that for giving 2 papers i had a lot of time to prepare...so i decided not to waste this time and utilize in understanding C by taking its classes at least..and study for B at home..
this may give me a better chance of clearing C in da next attempt..

initially i was commited to give 5 papers..but wid da current schedule of classses at tsa i wasnt able to study at home sufficiently..so then i thought wots da sense of giving papers of C when i wont be able to give my 100%..and m sure that widout giving 100% i wont be able to clear any of the paper specially BCBS which requires hell of a time at home..

i heard from many people dat firms hire students from TWO MFCs.. so if u r one MFC behind u can still get into firm..

but like u said dat u were one MFC behind and it was difficult for u get into firm , then does it mean dat firms only hire students who clear in 1st attempt??

- kashif_0014 - 12-14-2009

and NONE of the teachers mentioned da fact dat by giving only B this time and getting a MFC behind there will be alot of problem in getting into firm...m surprised dat if this is da case as u mentioned den y r they advicing majority of the people to give only B..

to add to the info... in first 3 sections of tsa comprising of students more then 190 , only 9 managed to clear B fully...

- sensible - 12-15-2009

hmmmm well wot tabani has told u is also right and remember dat he always give the right advise which varies 4m student to student.as he knows every student

wot i told u is the possible outcome.its all the matter of luck

m telling u an xample of ma frnd who also got 2 refers in B,, and he cleard in 4th attempt because he went for 5 papars

so its upto to ur luck dear, u'll understand this thing after some time
if u r giving B only so dont take it as granted and give full time to ur paparss, forget that u hav already studied d same,, u shud hav to start from the very starting and cover each n every thing...it is not neccessary dat u will clear 2 papars as i hav seen so many frnds of mine who gave 4 to 5 attempts of B and cleared nothing

anyways hope 4 d best,,remember dat ALLAH can do everything,neither tsa nor icap can pass u... its only ALLAH'S wish and ur hardwork dat matters

regards asma

- kashif_0014 - 12-15-2009

m thinking for appearing in 5 papers.. obvsly i will be doing everything possible to prepare for B ..and make sure dat m well prepared for B.. and jus try as much as i cud do in C...

anywaz thanks alot for giving ur time in replying...
m expecting further advice from seniors before making the final decision..

- tayyabsheraz - 12-17-2009

kashif_0014 i have personally gone through the dilemma facing u right now. I also got two refers(Eco and MLaw) when i attempted mod b. However i decided to attempt mod c alongwith mod b i.e 5 papers. By the grace of allah i passed mlaw and obbc and got 3 refers.

let me tell u right now i was not expecting this result at all. Taking 5 papers is a really tough task. i had to prepare for mod b and mod c papers and take mod c classes as well. And to top it all off the dates and timings of the papers was like hell. After attempting a paper of mod b (2pm to 5pm) i had to prepare for a paper of mod c (9am to 12pm) the very next day.

So u see why i wz not expecting the result. I wz lucky but many of my friends who did the same were not. So take my advice and dont even think bout taking 5 papers of mod b and c simultaneously better yet u should fully concentrate on ur mod b subjects right now and discontinue mod c classes.

I dont mean to discourage u in any way but in trying to save ur time by attempting 5 papers at once u will end up wasting a lot of ur time.

Hope it helps

- kashif_0014 - 12-17-2009

yes brother u r very right..i had this in my mind too that studying for 5 papers can be managed at this time but revising for 5 at the end wud be hell..and now i dont wana spoil my mod C result also..m going gud wid eco and accounts of B at the moment..i will be taking classes of C till the end of dec..
mod C i guess can be cleared easily if u attempt it after u hav mod b fully passed...so finally i have made da decision of giving 2 papers of mod B only...and as far as entry into firm is concerned...ALLAH MALIK HAI !
at this time i shud be concentrating on clearing the papers..

m really thankful to all those who spent their precious time in advising me..

- ayub_baltic - 01-04-2010

Can any one tell me how we apply in the firm for internship or any site that give services in this situation OR B.com ers can apply

- noman - 01-05-2010

ok..i have one piece of advice...
although all of you should and must study hard/gain knowledge/try to pass papers...
but one you start module C...you should start searching for references......
we all know that reference thing is absolutely wrong......but given teh situation in pakistan.......you need 2 things to get into a firm..

1.passing exams/competence
2.reference..

all your focus is on 1st thing......and no focus on 2nd.........so you should invest your time and energy in the 2nd option too......

- LightYagami - 01-06-2010

<font color="blue">Yes! Its a perfect Sin Wink
That fact is hurting most of us, so you are not alone.
it wouldnt be wise to leave this profession though, especially not after you have gotten this far.
Not getting any chance to get into the big 4 doesnt claim the end of your profession. just forget the big 4 and try developing your career through the firms who are still willing to allow trainees. There are about hundreds of firms looking for trainees. check out the ICAP website for details.

plus, yes ofcourse i would say its imperative for every person who gets into this profession to have a profession as a backup. the graduation and stuf, i am sure you know all about it )</font id="blue">