Accountancy Forum
should i complete cat? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: should i complete cat? (/showthread.php?tid=6895)

should i complete cat? - faizanniazi - 11-23-2009

i m faizan niazi from islamabad.i m doing cat here in skans.i want to ask taht, <font color="red"><b>should i complete cat? or i should transfer directly from cat to acca after t5?</b></font id="red">plz give me tips about it.i have to decide it soon.....

- shashan - 11-24-2009

Same situation here,plz help

- arsenal.gooner - 11-24-2009

hi

my advice would be to complete cat as there will be 4 papers (you'll have to give 3 anyways of part i if you transfer right now)
the reason i am advising you to complete cat is because no matter how worthless CAT is in Pakistan, in an international context, it at least adds something to your profile, where as part-i wont add anything special or different to your profile. so complete your cat and then claim exemption from part I.

adios

- Osama Rules - 11-25-2009

Salam,

Gotta agree with that...

[)]

- Mujahid - 11-25-2009

cat ko chor do aur koi shair cheetah paalo. [D]

- Osama Rules - 11-25-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mujahid</i>
<br />cat ko chor do aur koi shair cheetah paalo. [D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Salam,

Haha this is an old JOKE of ur's!!

[D]

- shashan - 12-03-2009

How much is exemption fee of part 1

- ali_boy9 - 12-15-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by faizanniazi</i>
<br />i m faizan niazi from islamabad.i m doing cat here in skans.i want to ask taht, <font color="red"><b>should i complete cat? or i should transfer directly from cat to acca after t5?</b></font id="red">plz give me tips about it.i have to decide it soon.....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Your transfer depends upon the situation
- CAT papers left
- Your age
- Understanding of basics of the field
- couple of more factors

- CAT papers left are if less i.e 2/3 then go for it. It would help you alot in ACCA.. you would not only gain exemptions from F1F2&F3 but F6taxation F8audit and assurance and F9financial management will be easier depending on your combination of CAT optional papers.

-Your age
if you are below 19 then it's preferable doing CAT as you will have a certificate at 19 or earlier..

-if you already have understanding of accounting audit and finance then get yourself transferred.. if not then CAT can groom you very well.

-other factors
other factors may be like getting in job earlier or getting certified sooner etc..

Anyways.. it depends upon you where you see yourself..
i would recommend completing CAT .
and then planning for ACCA or ICA-EW.

- dawood_munir - 12-19-2009

I Agree with Ali... As u would have the BASIC knowledge for the Accounting, this will contribute to a lower level TENSION when preparing for ur More Advance(ACCA) but comparatively easy(As U would have learned in CAT) Exams...
Good Luck for u...