Accountancy Forum
Communication Skills and CA???? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Communication Skills and CA???? (/showthread.php?tid=6980)

Communication Skills and CA???? - mubujk - 12-16-2009

Salam,

I am a student of module D and I am facing a problem, Communication problem. I wonder why ICAP is not paying attention to this important section of personality. Comparing a CA with a MBA of IBA, CA will win in knowledge but far behind in <b>Communication and Presentation Skill</b>. One cannot compete in this world without having an art of presenting and communicating his skills.

Hope ICAP pay some attention towards it. I want to ask all of you that how can, as a student, I improve my communication skills. Don't tell me to go and take a course of these skills. I want to improve it on my own basis. <u><b><i>Help me out.......</i></b></u>

Regards,
Mubashir Hussain

- Mujahid - 12-16-2009

Hahahaha, bohat beizzat hone wala hai ye.

@topic
Abhi aik CA ko mirch lage gi aur jab wo tumko jawab de ga to tumhein communication skills k sahi meanings samajh aayenge. [D] By the way, khud se aik presentation design karo aur apne family members ya friends ko samne bitha k shuru ho jao. Ye practice week mein 2 3 baar karo. Bohat faida hoga. Us k ilawa english newspaper ka editorial bhi zaroor parho aur us mein maujood mushkil alfaz ka meaning dekh k yaad kar lo. Flash cards bhi bohat kaam deinge is mein. Baaqi aayenda.....

- awaisaftab - 12-16-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mubujk</i>
<br />Salam,

I am a student of module D and I am facing a problem, Communication problem. I wonder why ICAP is not paying attention to this important section of personality. Comparing a CA with a MBA of IBA, CA will win in knowledge but far behind in <b>Communication and Presentation Skill</b>. One cannot compete in this world without having an art of presenting and communicating his skills.

Hope ICAP pay some attention towards it. I want to ask all of you that how can, as a student, I improve my communication skills. Don't tell me to go and take a course of these skills. I want to improve it on my own basis. <u><b><i>Help me out.......</i></b></u>

Regards,
Mubashir Hussain
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Mubujk

Communications and presentation skills often depend upon your personal qualities. You may say that it is a God gifted quality. You may have noticed that many persons who have even some negligible qualifications (like Matric,FA and BA) have excellent communication skills. Many persons who have huge knowledge about a subject fail to get good job because of unsatisfactory performance while demonstrating their skills and knowledge before the persons taking interview.

You have might read the book entitled as Effective communication skills written by H. Murphy. This book consists of many techniques by using these techniques you can improve your communication skills.

Keep in mind good communication skill is a key to success.

- mubujk - 12-16-2009

@ awaisaftab

I agree with your every point.

Reading books have not solved this problem for me. Lack of confidence, fear to speak in public, know English but can't speak with fluency,.... How to solve these problem.

Herta Murphy was in my module C course.

- kamranACA - 12-17-2009

Dear

You should try reading english news papers specially Business Recorder, consume some time for purposeful chatting specially with english speaking people, read english novels on topics that may interest you, watch english movies with an attempt to understand the language used, participate in various online forums actively, and most importantly attend all the professional seminars and conferences whenever you get a chance.

One cannot alleviate the fears of speaking publicy unless he tries to remove such fears. To start with you can do it in empty room, then with some friends as audience, and then in public if you get chance to speak.

In general life if you see some inappropriate things or poor services or dishonesty eg in shopping malls, coaches, hotels, public places and offices, then try developing courage to speak loudly against it. Don't feel what people will feel about you. If you believe your are right then make a basis of your objections and try criticising publicly, loudly and without getting too personal.

To get rid of such fears has to take time and requires confidence, effort and quest.

You must watch TV talk shows (english programmes).

As another generalized step get CDs of political, army and other leaders, professionals, corporate officials and others (in english) and listen them carefully to observe and judge presentation style, words and sentences selected, gestures and methodology to convince the listners.

M.A. Jinnah, Z.A. Bhutto, and Gen. Yahya Khan used to speak very good, loud and authoritative, Hitler was a superb speaker, and some of english speeches of Altaf Hussain are good. In corporate world, if you get a chance to listen Asad Umar (CEO of Engro Chemicals) or Mujahid Eshai (FCA) or Abdullah Yousaf (FCA) it will be a very nice oppurtunity. It would be injustice if I don't mention nice public speaking ability of grand son of Gen. Ayub who was finance minister in Musharraf/Shaukat Azeez regime. Probably his name is Omer Gohar Ayub. Of course he is a very nice and fluent speaker.

So you should start working on all these areas along with reading good english books on communication and inter-personal skills etc.

I hope you will feel improvement.

Regards,

Kamran.

- awaisaftab - 12-17-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Dear

You should try reading english news papers specially Business Recorder, consume some time for purposeful chatting specially with english speaking people, read english novels on topics that may interest you, watch english movies with an attempt to understand the language used, participate in various online forums actively, and most importantly attend all the professional seminars and conferences whenever you get a chance.

One cannot alleviate the fears of speaking publicy unless he tries to remove such fears. To start with you can do it in empty room, then with some friends as audience, and then in public if you get chance to speak.

In general life if you see some inappropriate things or poor services or dishonesty eg in shopping malls, coaches, hotels, public places and offices, then try developing courage to speak loudly against it. Don't feel what people will feel about you. If you believe your are right then make a basis of your objections and try criticising publicly, loudly and without getting too personal.

To get rid of such fears has to take time and requires confidence, effort and quest.

You must watch TV talk shows (english programmes).

As another generalized step get CDs of political, army and other leaders, professionals, corporate officials and others (in english) and listen them carefully to observe and judge presentation style, words and sentences selected, gestures and methodology to convince the listners.

M.A. Jinnah, Z.A. Bhutto, and Gen. Yahya Khan used to speak very good, loud and authoritative, Hitler was a superb speaker, and some of english speeches of Altaf Hussain are good. In corporate world, if you get a chance to listen Asad Umar (CEO of Engro Chemicals) or Mujahid Eshai (FCA) or Abdullah Yousaf (FCA) it will be a very nice oppurtunity. It would be injustice if I don't mention nice public speaking ability of grand son of Gen. Ayub who was finance minister in Musharraf/Shaukat Azeez regime. Probably his name is Omer Gohar Ayub. Of course he is a very nice and fluent speaker.

So you should start working on all these areas along with reading good english books on communication and inter-personal skills etc.

I hope you will feel improvement.

Regards,

Kamran.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Good suggestions by kamran. Especially English talk shows have proven very efficient mode to enhance communication skills, this is my own experience. Luckily we have a good English news channel i.e. Dawn News. Mr. mubujk follow the advices of Mr. Kamran.

Regards,

Awais Aftab