Accountancy Forum
Require Suggestion/ Advice - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Require Suggestion/ Advice (/showthread.php?tid=6996)

Require Suggestion/ Advice - adnan.acca - 12-19-2009

Hello friends,

i am an acca affiliate,and i have done one and half a year training in audit deptt of Uhy hassannaeem&co ,well if i get a chance to asssociate with BDO ebrahim &co.should i take this opportunity as a better career move,or just look for a job in the market,considering dry job market situation,what should i do? i am quite confused about my career move,as would experience of BDO as it falls in top 6 firms would give me the same or equivalent advantage as the experience of big 4 in my future.
How would u guys look into this matter. Please i want sincere suggestions thanks.

- kamranACA - 12-19-2009

Dear

Experience of famous mid-teir firms falling in top 5th to 10th number (and specially upto 7th number) is of significance if you don't get a chance to compliement your exposure with big 4.

BDO is a very famous and quality International firm. In Pakistan it is in growing/developing stage so far but its exposure will count a lot in your future, specially if you ever plan to move out; say, in Middle East etc.

If you don't find a job or the job being offered to you is not that LUCRATIVE, in my opinion you should join BDO for 3 years of time at least. It will pay you back in the longer run.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- adnan.acca - 12-20-2009

hi,

Dear kamran i realy appreciate ur suggestion,thanks a lot for commenting on my issue. i have read number of ur discussions and comments in this forum.

i realy wanted u to comment on my post, as number of student and guys who post their comments or discussion seems quit childish and ammature.

Well dear what if they ask me to register for articles, should i go for atleast 2 years training or for articles, as i am 25 rite now,and wants to get established as quickly as possible.

- kamranACA - 12-21-2009

Dear

When it comes to the professional life and the inputs required to make out a good standing, answer would be to put in all the efforts required. Why? Because every extra step taken will count to provide you a rewarding career.

I personally follow fundamental and conservative approach, so to my apprehension, quickly doing something is not that crucial when compared to doing it thoroughly and in the most comprehensive manner.

I believe for deciding a professional career there is not a substantial difference between 2 or 3 years. So, my advice is to go for 3 years. If you would like to do CA, it will be complimenting your professional standing.

This is only an advice. Decision has to be taken by you.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- Shah Abdullah - 01-02-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Dear

Experience of famous mid-teir firms falling in top 5th to 10th number (and specially upto 7th number) is of significance if you don't get a chance to compliement your exposure with big 4.

BDO is a very famous and quality International firm. In Pakistan it is in growing/developing stage so far but its exposure will count a lot in your future, specially if you ever plan to move out; say, in Middle East etc.

If you don't find a job or the job being offered to you is not that LUCRATIVE, in my opinion you should join BDO for 3 years of time at least. It will pay you back in the longer run.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">slam' dear i am shifting to islamabad can you advise me to join audit firm for internship i have previously done CAT here from faisalabad and i also have attempted f4,f7 and f6. which is most suitable for me and where can i get the internship as soon as possible.regards"SHAHZAD"