Accountancy Forum
What should I study? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: What should I study? (/showthread.php?tid=6998)

What should I study? - Sarfaraz.alam - 12-19-2009

<font face="Tahoma"><i><b>Dear all,</b></i>
<i>Assalamu Alaikum,</i>

I m 28 years old, and my qualification is Intermediate in Science (Pre-eng), due to some reason I can't study ahead, but I have a professional career of about 7 years in Accounts Field. Now I feel that I can study, so I need help in this regard.

Please advice me keeping in view of my professional career.

Thanks in advance....</font id="Tahoma">

- Sitara - 12-19-2009

Salam,

If you feel you can study now so its good for you. We should get education from the lape of mother till grave. So go ahead, My prayers are with you............... If u have any other queris regarding studies other members will help you surely.

- yasir_live - 12-20-2009

I think U better start with Bcom, it can be done privately and Easily, as compare to Certifications. Bcom, will not disturb your Job very much, U can justify both. Once you get Bcom degree, you will automatically feel thirst for doing MBA, MCom, Etc. Certifications are also excellent option, but again it requires consistent hardworks of many years. So try to achieve which is easy fo you at this time. because as you cross 30 you will feel more dull and less enthusiastic of doing any qualificaton. So Bcom (Private) is a good option to start with. No need to go University and sit along students who are 8-9 years younger than you!.

Just dont get dishearted, and discouraged. Try to start B-com as soon as possible, and if you are passionate than pass 3-4 papers of Acca as well while doing Bcom. So at the end you have graduate degree in Accounts, and 7 years of experience and on going Certifications.

I try my best to counsel you, Sorry if U mind anything.

Regards and Best of Luk.

- Sarfaraz.alam - 12-21-2009

Thank you so much for your kind advice, Inshall Allah I will start work on your advice soon...

<b>GOD</b> Bless you.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yasir_live</i>
<br />I think U better start with Bcom, it can be done privately and Easily, as compare to Certifications. Bcom, will not disturb your Job very much, U can justify both. Once you get Bcom degree, you will automatically feel thirst for doing MBA, MCom, Etc. Certifications are also excellent option, but again it requires consistent hardworks of many years. So try to achieve which is easy fo you at this time. because as you cross 30 you will feel more dull and less enthusiastic of doing any qualificaton. So Bcom (Private) is a good option to start with. No need to go University and sit along students who are 8-9 years younger than you!.

Just dont get dishearted, and discouraged. Try to start B-com as soon as possible, and if you are passionate than pass 3-4 papers of Acca as well while doing Bcom. So at the end you have graduate degree in Accounts, and 7 years of experience and on going Certifications.

I try my best to counsel you, Sorry if U mind anything.

Regards and Best of Luk.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

- zorro - 12-22-2009

Yea, Bcom will be a better choice in this situation. It will provide you keen concepts and Knowledge of Basic to professional accounting. If you able to do it well, then definitely it opens lot of gates in the world of ACCOUNTANCY>

If you have any query about B.COM, then feel free to ask, coz I passed B.COm last year and studying ACCA.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sarfaraz.alam</i>
<br /><font face="Tahoma"><i><b>Dear all,</b></i>
<i>Assalamu Alaikum,</i>

I m 28 years old, and my qualification is Intermediate in Science (Pre-eng), due to some reason I can't study ahead, but I have a professional career of about 7 years in Accounts Field. Now I feel that I can study, so I need help in this regard.

Please advice me keeping in view of my professional career.

Thanks in advance....</font id="Tahoma">

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">