Accountancy Forum
CA Inter Equivalence? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: CA Inter Equivalence? (/showthread.php?tid=7091)

CA Inter Equivalence? - Noway - 12-31-2009

Is any institution providing any degree on basis of CA Intermediate? I have heard that a institution is providing a degree on basis of CA Inter and experience. If someone has any information about it, then please share here.

- zia99 - 01-01-2010

my friend i think u can get degree from pipfa on ca inter or may be by giving 1 or 2 remaining papers, i m not sure about the remaining papers but i have heard about it.

- Jamal1 - 01-01-2010

University of Central Punjab offers BBA (Hon)in Accounting & Finance Four year degree on the basis of CA inter after sumitting thesis and correct fee.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zia99</i>
<br />my friend i think u can get degree from pipfa on ca inter or may be by giving 1 or 2 remaining papers, i m not sure about the remaining papers but i have heard about it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

- Noway - 01-02-2010

Guys I have heard of MBA degree on basis of CA Inter and experience. Please share any info if u have about it.

- Jamal1 - 01-02-2010

Yes But after qualifying Module E and passing one semester specially designed by University of Central Punjab for such students as well as submission of thesis

- Jamal1 - 01-02-2010

Almost all the organization specially MNC's specify CA Inter/ICMA Inter/MBA as equal qualification for the jobs of accounting and Finance.

- A R - 05-12-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jamal1</i>
<br />University of Central Punjab offers BBA (Hon)in Accounting & Finance Four year degree on the basis of CA inter after sumitting thesis and correct fee.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zia99</i>
<br />my friend i think u can get degree from pipfa on ca inter or may be by giving 1 or 2 remaining papers, i m not sure about the remaining papers but i have heard about it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Can you kindly provide further details regarding this degree, whether is it a normal regular course degree or is it some special degree and will it be considered a full time study course or some other classification? further can you also provide the background of the university and its recognition globally as well as with HEC?

- salman13 - 05-13-2010

Asalamulikum,

UoL offers Degree Program to CA Intermediate
03-05-2010

We are pleased to inform you that the University of Lahore has developed a special degree program for our CA intermediate qualified students.

The program essentially requires (a) passing papers of Pakistan and Islamic Studies and (b) submission of a research paper.

The students can register with the University of Lahore at any time after their registration with ICAP by paying the University Registration and course fee of the subjects of Islamic and Pakistan Studies. A student shall be required to submit his form for study and exams of the subjects of Islamic and Pakistan studies before the start of the month of Exam of these subjects.

The exams of Islamic and Pakistan studies will be held in the last week of each calendar quarter as per following schedule

Day Subject Time
Monday Islamic Studies 6pm to 8pm
Friday Pakistan Studies 6pm to 8pm

On registration with the University each student will be provided with the study material of Islamic and Pakistan studies. The classes of the subjects will be held in each major city in the form of two full days’ revision sessions / seminars for each subject. Each student will be provided with the schedule of these review sessions and examination date sheet along with the study material of these subjects.
On failing a paper a student can retake the same paper by paying a re-sit examination fee of Rs. 1,500 for each paper.

3. The students who have qualified the Intermediate stage Exams of ICAP will be required to pay exemption fees as well as project fees before submitting their topics for research project. Each student will be required to submit his research project topic at least six weeks before the following deadline for the submission of research project.

The students who have qualified the Intermediate stage Exams of ICAP will be required to pay exemption fees as well as project fees before submitting their topics for research project. Each student will be required to submit his research project topic at least six weeks before the following deadline for the submission of research project
Winter 28th February

Summer 31st August

The student will be provided with a written research project completion guideline along with the list of recommended areas of research. A research supervisor will be available in each major city.

4. The student will be provided with a written research project completion guideline along with the list of recommended areas of research. A research supervisor will be available in each major city.

For further details and information the student may contact Co-ordinator of B. Com degree for ICAP Students programme of The University of Lahore at following address

Miss Ammara
School of Accountancy and Finance
The University of Lahore
47 C/3 Gulberg III, Lahore
Email; Degree4icap@uolcc.com
Tel 04235870645-47

- usmank89 - 05-14-2010

@jamal1 please provide more info about UCP and where u got the info and the procedure or any info that u have

- shani420 - 05-17-2010

mfahr,
Now University of Lahore has offered a Bcom(3 year,102 credit hours) degree in collaboration with ICAP to CA inters after submitting a thesis and passing Islamiat and Pak studies papers.It is quite similar to OBU degree.Details r there on ICAP and Uol web.And Uni of central Punjab's 4 year BBA(HONS) is also there.So students now have 2 options.But both these degrees r more expensive then Oxford brokes degree.BBA(UCP) cost Rs 40000 ,Bcom(UOL) cost Rs 49000 while Bsc(Oxford Brokes) cost 80 pounds or Rs 10000 approx.