Accountancy Forum
P4 and P7 in Lahore? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: P4 and P7 in Lahore? (/showthread.php?tid=7206)

Pages: 1 2

P4 and P7 in Lahore? - eshah - 01-17-2010

hey everyone. I have been on these forums from a long time and am really happy to see them being so active and everyone contributing their best )
I am a final stage student, resident in Lahore. Can any one PLEASE tell me which teachers to study from, for P4 and P7? I am so confused regarding the teachers available at CFE and SKANs.
Will be soo much thankful for all your replies!

Regards,
eshah

- eshah - 01-20-2010

Guys please reply. Im really confused about this..

- Dard - 01-24-2010

P4 and P7 of ACCA? If yes then doesn't skans has P4 and P7 teachers? It is a platinum status tuition provider

- toor - 01-29-2010

P7 Amjad bhatti of RISE
and for p4 cfe has a good teacher but i didnt remeber his name

- eshah - 02-13-2010

Thanks Toor and Dard! I was confused between Sir Wasiq of Skans and Sir Amjad Bhatti of Rise for P7. But for P4 are you talking about sir Adnan?

@dard. Skans is now not very much famous for its optional papers. So i posted here to get replies regarding this matter.

- Dard - 02-14-2010

I have no idea about the teachers in Lahore. As a platinum status tuition provider, i thought SKANS would have good teacher for the aforementioned papers

- saleen.super - 02-14-2010

I passed both of these exams on self study basis under old scheme (I believe these were 3.1 and 3.7 back then) although I paid full fee to my school lol.

I'd advise you, based on my very own experience, that study the way you study and don't rely much on teachers. All teachers are qualified accountants and I have come across many famous teachers who disappointed me a lot. One example is sir Amjad Bhatti (he was at Skans back then). I studied 2.6 from him and believe me I just couldn't understand the basics of auditing at the end of session. If you study hard and cover all areas then teachers won't make any difference. Teachers of final stage subjects in all schools carry quite a lot of experience in teaching and industry so it doesn't matter which one you choose. Just my 0.5 cents Wink

But as you are a final stage student and have passed many exams of ACCA you may still want to rely on teachers as per your studying style so my recommendations are Adnan Rashid of CFE or Naveed Iqbal Ansari of Skans for P4 and Sir Rana Usman of CFE for P7 (he's senior manager at fergusons lahore).

- toor - 02-16-2010

agree with saleen.super as i also did these papers by myself.but as far as views about Amjad bhati is concern . i strongly disagree as he is very gud teacher and i did f8 from him.bcoz of him my concepts are soo gud thats why i choose to study P7 without coaching .

- eshah - 02-18-2010

Hmm thanks everyone. It's weird that neither Sir Naveed nor Sir Adnan is taking any P4 classes this session.

@ saleen.superstar, yes i agree with you that this style has just developed. I feel that if i take classes then no matter what i will be studying regularly and revising for tests etc; otherwise at home i feel like i will start neglecting studies. P4 i have heard is a scaryyy paper. So i was searching for the best teacher to help me get through it. I just want first attempt passes (

- saleen.super - 02-19-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by eshah</i>
<br />Hmm thanks everyone. It's weird that neither Sir Naveed nor Sir Adnan is taking any P4 classes this session.

@ saleen.superstar, yes i agree with you that this style has just developed. I feel that if i take classes then no matter what i will be studying regularly and revising for tests etc; otherwise at home i feel like i will start neglecting studies. P4 i have heard is a scaryyy paper. So i was searching for the best teacher to help me get through it. I just want first attempt passes (
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Don't be afraid of P4, Esha. If you learned concepts in F9 clearly and thoroughly then believe me P4 won't bother you much. Of course extra effort is required but studying regularly will result in an excellent score.
Since your style is different from mine so there is no point in discussing that any more. I prefer to stay at home, chill and study at my own pace and in my own style lol.

If Sir Adnan and Naveed are not available for P4 then try Sir Ehthisham of Skans. He is an experienced teacher. My cousin is studying F9 from him and he told me he's a very good teacher. Mr. Zamran of Skans is also an experienced one. You may choose either of them but my first choice would be Sir Ehthisham.
Best of luck!

- eshah - 02-22-2010

Thanks a lot saleen.superstar! This really helped )

- Dard - 02-22-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by toor</i>
<br />agree with saleen.super as i also did these papers by myself.but as far as views about Amjad bhati is concern . i strongly disagree as he is very gud teacher and i did f8 from him.bcoz of him my concepts are soo gud thats why i choose to study P7 without coaching .
Studying P7 on your own without any assistance at all?

- saleen.super - 02-22-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by eshah</i>
<br />Thanks a lot saleen.superstar! This really helped )

Mention not Esha. By the way saleen is a <b>super car</b> not <b>super star</b> lol. [D]

- eshah - 02-23-2010

Haha omg i wonder why i was adding a star to your super. [D]

- saleen.super - 02-23-2010

hahaha lol thats ok [D]