Accountancy Forum
worth of C.A inter - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: worth of C.A inter (/showthread.php?tid=7211)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Dard - 03-03-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Dears

CA Inter, I must agree, is not a "qualification" and is being discussed entirely in wrong perspective. It is meant for further studies and training which transforms it to a professional with the passage of time.

CA Intermediate may be called "part qualified" but rules do not allow any CA Inter to even mention it as a qualification (suffix) on any document with his/her name.

In Pakistan, CA Intermediate who has completed articles may be very good at his work which may bring success and returns for him. Academic exams (even of professional qualification), merely at their own may not be too good to bring desired results. <b>Experience does count and CA Intermediates normally have this edge over typical ACCA affiliates. Yes, it appears logical if we don't compare ACCA members having enough exposure with CA Inters</b>. But here exposure has to be seen in qualitative terms.

In international scenario, we must agree that CA Intermediate may not be a contestant to the game since at most of the locations like UAE you only need a tag with your name be it even CIA; regardless you know anything or not. Yet, it's great if even the unqualified CA Inters are getting good packages at UAE and are a factor of indirect fear for the people who tend to discuss them. Yeh ejaz hai CA Inter ka ya kisi kay ander ka khauf, I cannot comment.

By the way, one of my ex-juniors (currently CA Finalist) has been working on 23K AED per month at a famous finance company of DXB. However, foreseeing DXB conditions he joined UBL on a bit lower package (around 18K AED per month; and this worked for him as a secure and safe job in tough days.

As far as jobs and salary range in Pak is concerned, a lot more depends upon personal skills and the level of exposure and understanding one possesses.

I tend to agree with the range of Rs.45K to 70K mentioned by some one. However, we know some people don't get it and this is due to market reasons, lack of skills, lack of relations, and lack of proper support from some "reference". A few months back one of my student who was CA Inter has been appointed by Pakistan's fampus brokerage house at around Rs.70K-75K per month with 1000 cc car. There are cases from 40K to 50K in routine.

I, at the end again mention my viewpoint, that notwithstanding the earnings levels, I don't feel CA Inter is a qualification. People should put in hard efforts to be called as qualified ones, if they desire to a part of the real contest. Debating to prove CA Intermediate as a qualification will not add any value.

Regards,

Kamran.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
PpL should be comparing ACCA fundamentals level passed student having quality exposure in audit firm with C.A inter having the same exposure. Comparison between ACCA member with articles completed from an audit firm should be made with ACAs of the same exposure in audit firm
I don't get the logic why PpL compare ACCA affiliates with C.A inters by any means, it's illogical and uneven

- Boss - 03-03-2010

ACCA Affiliates should only be compared with Bcom in Pakistan and ACCA fundamentals Passed should be compared with ICom in exceptional cases although they are not even equal to a Pakistani Matriculate.

Wesay ACCA waloon nay Pakistan main aik Kutta Palla hua hai, jo har jagah Bhao Bhao Karta hai.[8D]

- Greatkhans - 03-03-2010

Hi Boss,

Once again, I would request you to take care of your words.

Regards,

GREAT KHANS

- Dard - 03-03-2010

There are just some attention seekers and deprived PpL here@ Greatkhan. Their nature reveals everything.
I wonder where are moderators and admin

- kamranACA - 03-04-2010

Dard

You are not the one who will decide what is comparable with what. To a larger extent noone of us can do so. It is the market acceptability that decides it.

Get rid of your problem if you have any. As CA Inter is not a designation, likewise ACCA affiliate is and must not be deemed as ACCA that in fact is the designation.

An affiliate without training is like a pilot who is pilot merely because he read the books on how to fly a plane or like a surgeon who is surgeon merely because he has read some Atlas and other books. This is the reason an affiliate is not allowed to use designation of ACCA.

We are discussing CA Inters (article completed). If affiliate has read / qualified some extra stuff, it might have also been gone through by CA Inters but not yet passed. So here ACCA affiliate may be bit better in knowledge. However, CA Inters have a great deal of exposure and even are expected to have done practically what they have to qualify yet. They carry a significant edge over affiliates for this reason. So, the combined merits and demerits suggest that an affiliate is in fact comparable with CA Inter. Some people may be comparing it with even lower levels like M.COM, CA Module C, or even B COm. Yet I feel comparison with CA Inter may not be inappropriate.

However, a well trained ACCA (definitely the member) is expected to be very much in the contest and should be treated better than CA Inters. Comparing with ACA is a joke; not for personal biase, rather because of market acceptability. We have already discussed it in a great deal so I don't intend to list down all factors again.

Regards,

Kamran.

- kamranACA - 03-04-2010

Above posts are about Pak market and Pak CAs and Pak ACCAs.

Regards

- ACCAite - 03-04-2010

@Boss, boy your something, comparing ACCAs with B.COM? ROFL! You my friend, have GREAT things coming your way Wink

- Dard - 03-04-2010

I was talking with reference to knowledge, exposure etc between ACCAs(articles completed) and ACAs, not market acceptibility in Pakistan

- kamranACA - 03-05-2010

Then you are talking wrong. You are supposed to be a professional, not a poet.

May you understand what I mean.

Regards,

- june23am - 03-05-2010

how would one know this id "BOSS" is't of the moderator of this forum and to satisfy his sake is doing such thing?...it costs to change ip is't it?why i am saying this?, coz i dont see any reason why such person cannot be banned for such words,"agar aik bap ke aulad ho". i saw ppl favoring requesting moderator to ban the id of a person who said flan person from icap is fraud he changed paper he got proves blah blah,why you blocked him? coz the person he was claiming about is famous enough? he got respect? and dard or me or anyone else in here is not known by you is what makes us nothing? lol rulers rules for their interest is the MOTTO of creeps having "kursi" of leadership in pakistan, and everyone at his own place proving it..all one does is being personal hay he said CA is this lets undress him lol, this is why we got such repute in whole world, ya the repute "tusi samajh tay gaay hogay"..i can post here the links of some forums organised by non-muslims not being "professionals" so you could see the respect they got for each other respect for views, culture etc, all you can have from a group of pakistani's "hay pull him down" lol this is why we got such rulers because this is who we realy are..bitter but true is't it?. it is my humble request to respect each other respect the views, may ALLAH bless us all ameen. jazakALLAH , i rather prefer earning some respect, some patience being CA or ACCA instead of money..
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Boss</i>
<br />ACCA Affiliates should only be compared with Bcom in Pakistan and ACCA fundamentals Passed should be compared with ICom in exceptional cases although they are not even equal to a Pakistani Matriculate.

Wesay ACCA waloon nay Pakistan main aik Kutta Palla hua hai, jo har jagah Bhao Bhao Karta hai.[8D]

- Toronto_Boy - 03-05-2010

Dear june23am

What if forum moderators themselves keep this forum a little active by such new IDs and disputed un-ending debates...[)]

Aakhir kutch to hona chahyay "Rizm gah" ko garam rakhnay kay liay.[Wink]

Regards

- Dard - 03-05-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Then you are talking wrong. You are supposed to be a professional, not a poet.

May you understand what I mean.

Regards,

I understood what you mean. Lower Market acceptability does not mean a qualification does not produce professionals. The reason of higher market acceptability of ICAP in Pakistan is highlighted by me in other post(eg ICAP is an old body compared with ACCA, and therefore has a higher market share and perception built)

- Dard - 03-05-2010

June23am,
Unfortunately some can't tolerate truth and wordings which seem bitter to them. You point out something negative in someone and they start talking crap against you, and try to prove you wrong no matter what. Shame on PpL like these
As far are moderators are concerned, it is really confusing. Where are they? Do we even have any moderators? Some PpL here use harsh and nasty language, others take this forum as public chat room and find ways to have a non-sense talk, totally out-of-topic. Rules have been laid down in the forum, but the moderators do NOTHING when they are breached

- ACCAite - 03-05-2010

BOSS is a low life and i bet he wont say anything like that to anyones face coz he sounds like a wimp to me.

Moderators are surely sleeping away on this forum.

About the debates, u know it doesnt matter in what way one expresses their opinion, you can just tell man....i believe dard is being unbiased in his posts which is great....the rest ... you can see...i mean in simple words theres this person out there trying his best to hide the HATRED for this CHAPTER but it shows...i mean if someones such a BIG shot....Lord...i ve met many...they dont do such things.

They will make a big post right at you trying not to show they are mad but it shows...i mean..come on .. i am sure everyone can see it. We have to remember though..unless both sides are ready to listen and are neutral, the debate would pretty much be useless...

- ACCAite - 03-05-2010

Oh and as far C.A Inter and pays are concerned...please dont be mis guided....recently 2 of my C.A finalist cousins did their articles and MORE from the big 4, ended up getting HORRENDOUS pays in great organisations. The market is bad...for everyone....