Accountancy Forum
Question about Expat Students - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Question about Expat Students (/showthread.php?tid=7237)

Pages: 1 2

- ausmanpk2001 - 01-30-2010

Dard, there's no point in arguing. Kamran Bhai is right... These are the real life facts. Why don't you go yourself to a big4 from Pakistan. Do tell the board when you get selected. Its difficult even in a Pakistani big4 to get into, rather you are talking about London!!

Your friend maybe in england already when he got the position or his circumstances maybe COMPLETELY different. Those international positions are mainly for countries who's citizens can participate in the working holiday program like south africa etc.

An example of the non-discriminatory laws there. Pakistan is theoretically eligible for working holiday being a commonwealth member. If you email the British foreign office in London, they'd say that you are eligible becuz discrimination is against their law & the high commission here doesn't accept applications for working holiday program!! Do whatever you can......they simply don't accept the applications becuz once they do they'd have to process it & issue visa!

- kamranACA - 01-30-2010

Usman

Life is a process and we all learn by observation and/or experience.

Right here we can write one hundred examples where those nations discriminate you. Whatever laws they have make no difference. For a student a single visit of embassy of such a country is enough to understand it. Law is the most vague term in itself. You can drive meanings of your choice when needed.

A super power when opens lottery visa opportunity, it simply mentions "Pakistani and Afghan nationals and their families are not entitled to participate in lottery".

We don't even have embassies n consulates of some of the prominant countries due to our conditions.

As far as UK is concerned, your prime minister (recently) had to call the ambassador/representative and complain about the delays and discrimination Pakistanis are facing in getting its visa.

So, I would still say theoratically there is no harm in believing on website stuff and answers received against e-mails.

Regards,

Kamran.

- Dard - 01-30-2010

Just because i am not telling the details of that person doesn't mean it is "theoretical"s

- Dard - 01-30-2010

Ausman that guy was in Pakistan when he applied online, and is a pure pakistani

- kamranACA - 01-30-2010

Dard

You have asked about interview opportunity at AFF at other thread. Mashallah you even have real life examples of UK, and you also believe they don't discriminate, then what is the logic of your question.

Go ahead and join some UK based Big 4 firm. AFF main kia rakha hai bhaai?

Do you feel they will discriminate you or it is some issue of merit?

If it is personal, plz don't reply it.

Regards,

Kamran.

- Dard - 01-30-2010

You should have replied in the relevant topic then. That question was about ELIGIBILITY criteria for ACCA students of AFF

- Dard - 01-30-2010

And btw AFF is a big4 firm. And why are you being personal here?s. Wherever i apply is not the topic. I replied to the author of the topic here

- kamranACA - 01-31-2010

Dard

I don't tend to get personal brother. It was a question with a note that if felt personalized may not be replied.

BTW it's strange. One knows and advocates UK firms criteria and procedures but is longing for knowing localized "criteria". Kamaal hai bhayya!

Now don't take it personal plz.

Regards,

Kamran.

- Dard - 01-31-2010

Yup, even that has reasons.