Accountancy Forum
what Icap is to do, if firms not taking students - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: what Icap is to do, if firms not taking students (/showthread.php?tid=7241)

Pages: 1 2

what Icap is to do, if firms not taking students - Kasim - 01-21-2010

Can someone plz tell me and other students facing problems regarding finding firms
what Icap can/should do if firms are not taking students for their articals training?
how to contact Icap regarding this problem?
and
when industry will be open for CA students as substitute of articals?
waiting for replies with advance thanx

- lonewolf - 01-22-2010

Yar is maslay ka kuch nai hone wala.Dont wait for the big firms if they dont want to take you.kisi medium ya small firm ma kar lo bus yehi hal hai

- Schuaeb - 01-22-2010

E mail the institute and let them know your problem. Training in industry may not be allowed in near future

- kamranACA - 01-22-2010

Shoaib

Welcome back. What's update on professional side?

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- Schuaeb - 01-23-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Shoaib

Welcome back. What's update on professional side?

Regards,

KAMRAN.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thanks Kamran sb! I was always here, however, didn't make much contributions for past sometime. Until people like you are here, this forum is always a good source of information for students like me.

Professional life is in transition phase, got through my articles a couple of months back, now alongwith waiting for the result of the December attempt planning for future.

- kamranACA - 01-23-2010

December attempt of?

What plan for future is so far envisioned?

Regards,

- Schuaeb - 01-23-2010

kuch dhaki chuppi baat ki thi but your questions like always are very specific. Module E it was. Finding the local market not very promising planning to move to middle east.

- kamranACA - 01-23-2010

Shoaib

In pursuance of professional qualifications, such transitional failures do not make an issue, until one does not quit and does not accept the failure as final.

Hoping best of luck for you.

I guess you completed your articles from PWC, Lahore. Let me have a remark on correctness of this guess.

What areas / sectors you focused on or worked for during jabri mushaqqat’s tenure?

Regards,

KAMRAN

- Schuaeb - 01-23-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />
Shoaib

In pursuance of professional qualifications, such transitional failures do not make an issue, until one does not quit and does not accept the failure as final.

Hoping best of luck for you.

Thanks a lot Kamran sb. I my case I think it will not be the case ever when I will accept the failure as final. Transitional failures are never a big deal and I am quite use to of them now.

<br />
What areas / sectors you focused on or worked for during jabri mushaqqat’s tenure?

Regards,

KAMRAN
You've not forgot and made the point at right time. I should admit you have a pretty decent memory.

<br />
I guess you completed your articles from PWC, Lahore. Let me have a remark on correctness of this guess.
Wild guess I should say, and far from correct. May I know the rationale behind the guess? I won't mind telling the name of firm however I would like to have some more guesses.

- kamranACA - 01-24-2010

No, I just felt like that based upon some of the earlier chit chats.

- Schuaeb - 01-25-2010

May be, but I don't think I ever said or implied so.

- Kasim - 01-26-2010

schuaeb do u think icap will take any action on my email regarding this

- Schuaeb - 01-26-2010

At least it will serve the purpose of bringing the gravity of the situation in the knowledge of the management of the institute. And of course, yes, if they receive a number of applications they surely have to revisit their policy.

- Kasim - 01-30-2010

i received call from icap khi it was their 3rd call to me they were conducting servey about students who have passed inter in recent attepmt about getting registered at any firm when i told them no firm is taking students and asked them when the industry will be open as substitute of firms they said that they are conducting servey to collect data regarding students not inducted by firms and data will also be concidered regarding industry option. so i feel that soon or later icap will open industry for CA students if things keep on going like this.

- lonewolf - 01-31-2010

^Dear i also have received 2 calls from icap in last 2 months as i was also facing the same issue.now i have joined a small firm as we can't wait all our life for icap to take some steps