Accountancy Forum
AFF 1st interview (Urgent..plz help) - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: AFF 1st interview (Urgent..plz help) (/showthread.php?tid=7292)

Pages: 1 2 3

AFF 1st interview (Urgent..plz help) - Asavira - 01-29-2010

I have received a call and I have schedule interview next week. I really need to know how to prepare for it? What questions can I expect and any other advice is welcome.[)]

Background
Postin first time in this forum

ACCA finalist and Bcom cleared..

- kamranACA - 01-29-2010

Dear,

- Try to appear confident (but modest and easy going) during interview;

- If you are a girl, try to be a person during interview instead of a girl;

- If you are boy, look modest and a bit humble;

- Go through major features of local laws (if you have studied), and IFRSs/ISAs specially on the new pronouncements like ISA-600, IFRS-4, 7, 8 and 9 (at least intorduction must be in your knowledge);

- Don't argue on any point;

- If something is not known don't give wrong answers; simply tell that you don't know;

- Use a good dress that can conform to normal office code; Boys should preferably use plain shirt (may be white), a trouser, necktie, a watch, a file having some plain papers along with other documents and a pen (avoid hard perfumes); Girls must avoid using make ups/make overs, wearing substantial amount of perfume and too colorful dress. Try to look simple;

- Shoes must be clean;

- Concentrate on what interviewer is asking and try avoid to say "sorry, I could not get you sir" sort of sentences;

- Keep the nerves in control.

Rest depends upon luck.

Best regards,

KAMRAN.

- sensible - 01-30-2010

salam,

sometimes they also ask questions from taxation
so try to have an overview of recent amendmends and specialy FTR/PTR zarur daikh k jana if u studied PAK tax,, property income bhi daikh lena

in AFF khi office usually 2 managers take 1st interview, in very rare cases they ask questions from economics, but in the 2nd interview most of the partners simply love to ask queries from econmics, 90% of my frnds faced the same situation including me as well

anyways wish u my best wishes for the interview

i guess i personally know you as u r the one who started CA and ACCA both at a time but quited CA aftrwards, i was also in TSA and knew you if u r dat asavira otherwise m sorry 4 misunderstanding (if any)

regards,
[)]

- kamranACA - 01-30-2010

Lo jee, Asma ko gumshuda saheli (friend) mil he gai. Congrats. Geo accountancy forum.

)

Regards,

- Dard - 01-30-2010

LøL. By the way doesn't AFF take ACCA qualifieds?

- yasir_live - 01-30-2010

1 Just try to show them That U have Potential to do work.

2 Show them Confidence.

3 Try to be SURE on your talk, Avoid " I Think", " Perhaps" Etc Etc.

4 Never say " Give me Opportunity, Give me chance " They are not calling U to give U chance, They need a person who can Do their work, Who deserves.

5 Make eye to Eye contact. Try also to bluff things where required.

Gud LUK.

- yasir_live - 01-30-2010

Search website on google.

- sensible - 02-02-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Lo jee, Asma ko gumshuda saheli (friend) mil he gai. Congrats. Geo accountancy forum.

)

Regards,

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

kamran bhai gumshuda dost bhaag hi gai[8)]

- kamranACA - 02-02-2010

Sensible

She may be busy with interview preparations. BTW our most of question raising buddies disappear after posting the query.

Regards,

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 02-02-2010

salaam to all !!

you are very right kamranACA .... !!

- kamranACA - 02-02-2010

Adnan

Dear whats update on professional career? How long you need to go for completing articles? What's about qualification?

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- Asavira - 02-03-2010

Hey...thankyou for the help vry1 above...

Yes I'm the same person Asma...but I cant recall you dear. (yad dilao aur tum kidhr ho?)

Yar...locha hogaya hai...I was busy with my 1st cousins wedding and I missed my interview call....kia karoon? (subha interview tha...dupair main pata chala k hai) I emailed them but no response..BUSTED (

Please koi tou kuch advise kero =(

- sensible - 02-03-2010

call AFF and talk to HR manager miss.nazish

give them some reasonable xcuse, achi c topi karawana. they will give u another date, else u will b disqualified(sorry to say)

- Dard - 02-03-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Asavira</i>
<br />
Yar...locha hogaya hai...I was busy with my 1st cousins wedding and I missed my interview call....kia karoon? (subha interview tha...dupair main pata chala k hai) I emailed them but no response..BUSTED (

Please koi tou kuch advise kero =(
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Mera answer wohi hai jo dusre topic mein diya. Next time be careful. Sab theek ho jaye ga Insha'Allah

- kamranACA - 02-03-2010

I am sorry to say this, but to me you don't deserve another call.

I know you will mind it. No problem. Truth does not have to change.

Regards,