Accountancy Forum
AFF 1st interview (Urgent..plz help) - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: AFF 1st interview (Urgent..plz help) (/showthread.php?tid=7292)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Brohi - 02-03-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />I am sorry to say this, but to me you don't deserve another call.

I know you will mind it. No problem. Truth does not have to change.

Regards,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I agree with you Kamran

- Asavira - 02-04-2010

[V] kal call kerti hon....well...koi hope tou nahe hai[(]

- Dard - 02-04-2010

Aaj he call karni chahiye thi. Never be late on these matters. Kher, best of luch

- kamranACA - 02-04-2010

Shoaib

In the situation being discussed here, I would feel it most unprofessional if AFF will re-consider this buddy. Remarks and perception is my personal.

People have to be assessed by looking at their preferences, attitude, habits and interest in a given task. You don't assess some one beforehand by sitting into his/her mind and heart. Very smart, dashing, sharp, attentive, presumably efficient people some-times fail to prove their selves even when selected on the basis of these assessments.

Being in big 4 you have variety of students to make a good selection. You need not to consider the one who is not even worried about his/her self.

Dr. Iqbal said that God never comes to change some one's fate who is not at his own worried to do so.

Haali said, "Jo thehray zara woh kuchal gaey hain".

Survival of the fittest also teaches same thing.

I wonder if professionalism is some thing different.

Sorry if it hurts. But truth has to remain.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- Dard - 02-04-2010

PpL make mistakes. She has yet to become a professional. I hope she has learned from her mistake

- Asavira - 02-04-2010

[(]

**Fingers Cross**

- Schuaeb - 02-05-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Shoaib

In the situation being discussed here, I would feel it most unprofessional if AFF will re-consider this buddy. Remarks and perception is my personal.

People have to be assessed by looking at their preferences, attitude, habits and interest in a given task. You don't assess some one beforehand by sitting into his/her mind and heart. Very smart, dashing, sharp, attentive, presumably efficient people some-times fail to prove their selves even when selected on the basis of these assessments.

Being in big 4 you have variety of students to make a good selection. You need not to consider the one who is not even worried about his/her self.

Dr. Iqbal said that God never comes to change some one's fate who is not at his own worried to do so.

Haali said, "Jo thehray zara woh kuchal gaey hain".

Survival of the fittest also teaches same thing.

I wonder if professionalism is some thing different.

Sorry if it hurts. But truth has to remain.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
Why should it hurt at all even if it does it would not have been any problem. I value your opinion, however, it has nothing to do with the last lines of your post like survival of the fittest blah blah. At least I didn't find any correlation.

I didn't find anything in your post that substantiated your opinion that such a recruitment is non-professional. Gauging one's skills in my personal opinion instead of being based on one's general attitude and appearance should be on the basis of his working abilities. The inability to sit in one minds doesn't mean that assessment should be made on the basis of petty issues.

However, as I said in the beginning of my post that I value your opinion as regards the definition of professionalism and find it inline with general beliefs in our work environment. I see this as mere obstructions only meant to hinder growth and distract concentration.

- kamranACA - 02-05-2010

Shoaib

These posts are not aimed at to start a debate. These are meant to tell new comers how important their professional life is.

If you don't find correlation between first and last lines you may have to read all the posts afresh becoz it reflects lack of correlation between your concerns and the matter being discussed.

Interviews at big 4 and similar other opportunities is a quest. Some have to get through and some remain failed. How the concept of fittest is not fitted into this quest? I believe when things have to be done on merit none other than the fittest gets through the quest. If your experience falls out of the universal laws, then there might have been lack of some correlation.

The one whose all future career is presumably dependent on an opportunity, and if she/he does not EVEN avail that opportunity for a PETTY matter of wedding ceremony, and simply forgets the importance of opportunity at all recklessly, this speaks how much worried she/he is for his own self. Dr. Iqbal did not say those verses simply for "national level". Keep my words, the one who is careless for his/her self will never be taken care by the others. This is the essense.

Had I been gone for an interview or job without CV or other documents, I would have never mind them throwing me out. And yes, if for any reason they will not do it, I would believe they are too short of such applicants. This would also speak how desparate they are and what a quality place it would be to work at.

This is not to hurt any one in personal capacity; rather is meant to explain and emphasize the importance of career and these desciplinary matters to be taken care of in pursuance of career.

I am sorry if hurts, but it is the fact and truth.

I hope you don't need clarification on what "HAALI" said and a note to establish correlation with this very matter.

Wishing you all best of luck and a very bright future.

Regards,

Kamran.

- yasir_live - 02-05-2010

Well, in the similar regard I want to ask one question ? Kya follow up kerna ek applicant k liay acha hota hay. Like agar aap ka interview hua hay and interviewr Say will call U or they will acknowledge U as soon as any update happens. But candidate in some cases, Khud hi phone kertay rehty hain ya achay lafzon main kaho to Follow-up kertay hain.

Kya yeh cheeze yeh zahir kerti hay k woh Fikermand hain ? ya patience nahi hay un main ? ya woh unprofessional hain ? Agar esi jagga un ki job ho bhi jai to un ki woh Izzat nahi rehti ya reh jati hay kya ?

In my past i have did this sort of act also, but today I am not in favor of this. Apka view point kya hay ?

- kamranACA - 02-05-2010

A decent follow up with logical and reasonable intervals of time should be made in my view. It basically depends upon how do you raise your follow up query.

Regards,

- Dard - 02-05-2010

If you are on merit there is no reason why they won't call you. If you are not then they maybe reluctant. But yeah, as kamran bhai said, reminding them with reasonable intervals is okay

- Schuaeb - 02-06-2010

<br />Shoaib

These posts are not aimed at to start a debate. These are meant to tell new comers how important their professional life is.

If you don't find correlation between first and last lines you may have to read all the posts afresh becoz it reflects lack of correlation between your concerns and the matter being discussed.

Interviews at big 4 and similar other opportunities is a quest. Some have to get through and some remain failed. How the concept of fittest is not fitted into this quest? I believe when things have to be done on merit none other than the fittest gets through the quest. If your experience falls out of the universal laws, then there might have been lack of some correlation.

The one whose all future career is presumably dependent on an opportunity, and if she/he does not EVEN avail that opportunity for a PETTY matter of wedding ceremony, and simply forgets the importance of opportunity at all recklessly, this speaks how much worried she/he is for his own self. Dr. Iqbal did not say those verses simply for "national level". Keep my words, the one who is careless for his/her self will never be taken care by the others. This is the essense.

Had I been gone for an interview or job without CV or other documents, I would have never mind them throwing me out. And yes, if for any reason they will not do it, I would believe they are too short of such applicants. This would also speak how desparate they are and what a quality place it would be to work at.

This is not to hurt any one in personal capacity; rather is meant to explain and emphasize the importance of career and these desciplinary matters to be taken care of in pursuance of career.

I am sorry if hurts, but it is the fact and truth.

I hope you don't need clarification on what "HAALI" said and a note to establish correlation with this very matter.

Wishing you all best of luck and a very bright future.

Regards,

Kamran.

Kamran sb, couldn't help laughing while reading your comments, never trying to establish that you cut some mere jokes in your post. Really it was good especially the correlation I found missing in the previous one was attempted to be made here though not to a great extent to my reckoning. I was not able to explain what I wanted to convey resultantly things digressed somewhat, and I have no intentions to enter into a debate not correlated with the thread.

At least one point can be proved false. Would that there were organization too desperate for my recruitment, but I find no reason that in present circumstances there are many organizations that are short of applicants to such a level of desperation. Second interview there didn't work for me, point cleared I hope.

Continue in the direction of the flow with closed eyes, but sometimes it ends up somewhere in the seas, so be careful.

- kamranACA - 02-06-2010

Yes, but no issue if you have a life saving jacket or know how to swim )

Dear, there can be some organizations desparate for the applicants. There is nothing to laugh at. I have recently witnessed such an organization for some indirect reasons although it was among the quality places for work.

Nothing new was done to establish the correlation. It was and is always there. I know some people take too much time to understand or don't understand at all. This is God gifted. No problem.

Regards,

- Schuaeb - 02-07-2010

<br />Yes, but no issue if you have a life saving jacket or know how to swim )
Very right but I will suggest to be proactive rather than relying on corrective actions. Why would we let such incident happen at first place!
Dear, there can be some organizations desparate for the applicants. There is nothing to laugh at.
Sir I didn't say anywhere in my post that this news from you was the reason of laughter. My advice like always is instead of relying on our assumptions and attempting to see the world as we like, we should take realities as they are not see only what we like to see. Rational and objective people can make better decisions.
I know some people take too much time to understand or don't understand at all. This is God gifted. No problem.
Please tell me also where did you place among those who take time to understand or those who do not understand at all.

- kamranACA - 02-07-2010

Shoaib

It's not about reliance; being proactive may be good but there is always a need of DRP. "First place" has no demrits if taken care of but "second place" cannot be ignored. Can it be simply for a perceived "first place"?

World is of course what it in fact is. It does not change for any one's personalized snapshot that how it should look as, or how one wishes to see it as. Its outlook has to remain standardized and unchanged. That's why I asked to keep in mind the universal facts that may fall out of that personalized snapshot. Here we will again be wondering what's meant by universal facts and how can we define correlation.

The ones who understand something after too much delay are well known. I need not to enlight any one about them. And, the ones who don't understand at all are in fact cognizant of every thing. They just pretend to be "rational" and "objective" for making out a point of their choice ie the way they want to see the world.

Wishing your "rational" to prevail every where; at least where you are an applicant with a missing CV or credentials.

Regards,

Kamran.