Accountancy Forum
Is Chess applicable in real life? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Is Chess applicable in real life? (/showthread.php?tid=7294)

Pages: 1 2

Is Chess applicable in real life? - Kasim - 01-30-2010

i do play chess but i dont have any doubt/question about Islamic point of view regarding chess and likes .I am therefore sharing a question once asked from me about chess without any intention of starting debate on chess being "NAJAIZ" in islam.
So if u are good chess player thenn comment

- Kasim - 01-30-2010

and do tell how chess is applicable

- Schuaeb - 01-31-2010

Kasim I don't think that there can be any debate that forbidden in Islam. I find chess being called haram totally absurd and lack any rationale or logic. Chess is a sport, source of recreation and an exercise for brain. How and why should it be forbidden? According to my knowledge chess was not played in Arab at the time advent of Islam and if any body claims that chess was forbidden in Islam it is got to be by means of fatwa afterwards.

I like playing chess but I believe real life is altogether a different situation. I don't get the point of the applicability of chess in real life.

- Kasim - 02-06-2010

well chess is applicable in real life
however for this u have to have some opponents or to be politician or you are to deal with people with different objects as of ur's or anything else like this
in chess you move ahead step by step trying to block/capture any important piece of ur partner or deprive him from using important attacking/defending places and same is done in real life
in real life whenever u take stand for something you do consider ur back/support then
same is in chess while you advance any piece u do consider that it is backed properly by someother piece
in chess you sometimes put any piece of yours as easy hunt for your opponent with intention to capture his more important piece or to find a channel behind his secure lines same is done in real life
in chess sometimes u "gift" ur powerful peice to other buddy showing as if you have not considered the moves properly and when he takes it you simply end the game. same type of moves are played in real life
in chess
in chess (when u play with really good played )mostly you have to consider ur action plan after every move playyed by the other and same is in real life u change your action line according to situation
so thats y i think so chess is applicable in real life

- WARDAH - 02-16-2010

KASIM tum to lgta chaltay hi chess pay ho. . .SUBH CHESS,SHAM CHESS,SEHET KA PAIGHAM CHESS!!tumko begum bhi wo chahye jo chess khailna janti ho.haina yei kaha th ana tum ny? life mai is ki applicability to mujhy nai pta but mujhko shoq hai cards or chess khailny ka bda he complicated or sath main interesting game lgat hai but unfortunately mujhko aata nahin khailna [(]

- Kasim - 02-16-2010

chess he hayna chress tu nahi joe itna lecture day rahi hoo
mijhay chess khailnay wali b.v chahiyeah and tumhain chess khailni nahi atti tu iss main face itna long kernay walikiya baat hay? hope so tum nahi samjhoogi LOL
wiasay crads bhi applicable hain
bul k main tu kheta hoon her acchi game k approach/techniques life per apply ki jasakti hain
schuaeb what u think about chess applicability?

- Schuaeb - 02-17-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kasim</i>
<br />
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Though these things sound better on paper, yet I commend the way you correlated the moves of chess with situations of daily life. It depicts a SHATIR personality behind and shows the deliberation you put behind your daily moves. Besides, it also suggest that you are good at the game of chess. Ofcourse, many of the characters we come across in daily life likes to bring unwelcomed politics into play in many affairs and they should be dealt with the way you suggested. I on the other hand am quite a straight forward person who despite knowing the intentions of others prefers to tackle things in a straightforward manner, and similar attitude is shown in my game i.e. being clear and very particular with my attack strategy and in the pursuit sometimes undermine other abilities making myself vulnerable. I used to be chess champion at my college, however, quite out-of-practice now-a-days.

- WARDAH - 02-17-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kasim</i>
<br />chess he hayna chress tu nahi joe itna lecture day rahi hoo
mijhay chess khailnay wali b.v chahiyeah and tumhain chess khailni nahi atti tu iss main face itna long kernay walikiya baat hay? hope so tum nahi samjhoogi LOL
bul k main tu kheta hoon her acchi game k approach/techniques life per apply ki jasakti hain
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Main khob smajh gai hon[})]mainy is kr k nai bola tha waisay hi kaha tha.

- Kasim - 02-18-2010

Well i'm a simple, straight forward and "innocent" type person (k u can smile on it)
and its very rare that i apply chess on my own end in my dealings towards others. However my more focus is to understand the motives hidden behind actions of others and here i do use my chess knowledge and i like to do this as well as applying techniques of other games (i repeat again every game is applicable in real life).
And i also like to correlate different things to make/understand some other different things and i do enjoy it a lot too. Infect i do believe that "KNOWLEDGE" is spread all around us in pieces and whenever we consciously/unconsciously combine few of its pieces we gain new sea/world of meanings to dip/swim and some times die in and believe me there is no pleasure like this on earth.
you can also gain new knowledge by modifying some old one and you will enjoy that too.
now here i give u example of both
every one is aware of an Islamic quote
"The best of alms is that, which the right hand gives and the left hand knows not of”
And may also know that
In palmistry they say ur right hand describes u/ur life whereas ur left one describes ur family/their life
So if u correlate both u may find that
The best alms are that, which are given by right hand (you) and the left hand (your own family ) doesn’t know about it.
And now here is about the use of modification technique
Man is known by the company he keeps (caz friends are chosen unlike family)
Or you may say it like
Man is known by the choices he made
(so u can judge/know anybody by his choices which may include choice of words, discussion topics, vocal tones ,gestures, postures, cloth colors, possessions, hobbies and every thing else)

in the end

keep on learning by exploring the old things in new way or by correlating them with each other.

tc

- Kasim - 02-18-2010

WARDAH
Junior

137 Posts
Posted - Feb 17 2010 105501 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Kasim

chess he hayna chress tu nahi joe itna lecture day rahi hoo

Main khob smajh gai honmainy is kr k nai bola tha waisay hi kaha tha.

Wardah dear
Main "bhi" khob smajh gaya hon mainy is kr k nai bola tha waisay hi kaha tha.

- Sh.Mohsin - 03-11-2010

Wardah and Kasim..... agar tum dono me koi affair chal raha hai to khul k bta do yar. Just never be shy over the truth.

- Kasim - 03-12-2010

wardah bataooooooooooo k ham batlain kia?

jahan tum wahan ham
jahan hum wahan tum
and jahan
na tum na ham
wahan yeah duniya walay
lay attay hain
hummain bhi tumhain bhi
donno y?

- Sh.Mohsin - 03-12-2010

Wardah..... your silence is confirming something...!!!

- ciapk - 03-12-2010

`Ali and Ibn `Umar - Allah be well-pleased with them - detested it because of those who neglected worship due to it and because of the gambling and betting involved. The Faqih of Madina, al-Qasim ibn Muhammad - Allah be well-pleased with him - said "All that distracts from remembrance of Allah and Salat is dice (maysar)."

Otherwise, al-Nawawi said "In our school it is makruh, not haram, and this is the position reported from a number of the Tabi`in" while al-Qurtubi said in his Tafsir, it is permitted once in a while without being disliked according to the vast majority of the Fuqaha' and despite the misleading words of Ibn Kathir in his Tafsir, "Malik, Abu Hanifa, and Ahmad stipulated that chess is haram while al-Shafi`i disliked it" and the even more misleading prohibition in the unverified editions of al-Dhahabi's al-Kaba'ir presently in circulation.

It is established that Abu Hurayra (who entered Islam in the year 7 after the Hijra) and others of the pious Salaf played chess - but not as an all-consuming activity. In the final analysis the correct position in the matter seems that of Imam al-Shafi`i - Allah be well-pleased with him - who said "It is disliked and not forbidden, for a number of the Companions played it and countless of the Tabi`in and those after them" - such as Sa`id ibn al-Musayyib, Sa`id ibn Jubayr, Muhammad ibn Sirin, Muhammad ibn al-Munkadir, `Urwa ibn al-Zubayr and his son Hisham, Sulayman ibn Yasar, Abu Wa'il, al-Sha`bi, al-Hasan al-Basri, `Ali ibn al-Hasan ibn `Ali, Ja`far ibn Muhammad, Ibn Shihab al-Zuhri, Rabi`a, `Ata'... [Ibn `Abd al-Barr, al-Tamhid (13181)] - while the Hafiz Ibn Hajar said "There is not one firmly-established narration to prohibit chess, neither sahih nor hasan." [Fayd al-Qadir.]

Note The hadith "Whoever plays chess and dice is as one who dipped his hand in swine's blood" is inauthentic. The correct wording does not mention chess but only dice, narrated from Burayda by Imam Muslim in his Sahih.

The matter from web surfing i am not responsible for any thing which is not from Allah SWT and From Muhammad Peace be Upon him.

- Kasim - 03-15-2010

Sh.Mohsin
Junior

Pakistan
52 Posts
Posted - Mar 11 2010 20717 PM

Wardah and Kasim..... agar tum dono me koi affair chal raha hai to khul k bta do yar. Just never be shy over the truth.

Sh.Mohsin
Junior

Pakistan
52 Posts
Posted - Mar 12 2010 122017 PM

Wardah..... your silence is confirming something...!!!

wardah dear
in sawaloon ka jawab doooooooooooooooooooooo
main anwain muft main badnaaam ho raha hoooon
tumhari wajah say