Accountancy Forum
ICAEW Books- Cost Sharing - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ICAEW Books- Cost Sharing (/showthread.php?tid=7364)

Pages: 1 2

ICAEW Books- Cost Sharing - CFACCA - 02-09-2010

I am planning to appear for ICAEW advanced level papers in July 2010 attempt. I am planning to order books for the papers, but as they are quiet expensive so i am looking forward for someone to share the costs with. If someone is interested in sharing the cost of the books then kindly reply.

Thanks

- Dard - 02-09-2010

What is the cost of the book?

- CFACCA - 02-09-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />What is the cost of the book?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Total book set for business integration module costs around 140 Pounds.. which is nearly Rs 20,000 .

If someone is willing to share the costs then the books can be affordable, otherwise they are quiet expensive..

- Dard - 02-12-2010

How will you be able to study then if there are 4, 5 students for one set of book?? Few of you may decide to give exams in the same exam session

- waqas zia - 02-13-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CFACCA</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />What is the cost of the book?

Total book set for business integration module costs around 140 Pounds.. which is nearly Rs 20,000 .

If someone is willing to share the costs then the books can be affordable, otherwise they are quiet expensive..

yar ap books k naam batao agar mai un ki soft copy hasil karska to mai apko mail kardon ga. ok [})][})][})][})][})][})][})]

- CFACCA - 02-14-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by samis899</i>
<br />Reply I am looking for the same thing as you ... I am ready for this, as far as we get enough participants to reduce per person costs (Approx. 4 to 5 participants)

I have found other people also who are interested in purchasing the books. I will send my contact number in your inbox. kindly check my number and call me so we can proceed further and order books as early as possible.

Thanks

- waqas zia - 02-17-2010

Kamran bhai r u going to do ICAEW?

- CFACCA - 02-18-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by UzairCh</i>
<br />The books will not only cost 140 pounds. It will cost 80 additional pounds delivery costs, total cost will be Rs 30,000. Then those sharing it with you will require photocopies which will require additional Rs 2000 per set, because the books are of around 2400 pages.

I together with a group of 8 ICAEW Trainees doing articles in a BIG4 firm, purchased the books and received them last week here in Lahore.
You can share with us and have your set if its suitable for you.

Dear Uzair ,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am more than willing to share the cost of the books with you. My contact number is 0322-6660203.. you may contact me anytime suitable to you and we can likewise get in touch and share the books.

Thanks

- CFACCA - 02-18-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by UzairCh</i>
<br />CFAACCA

Tell me your name and which city you live in. From your cell no it seems you live in or near Multan.
My email is ch.uzair@gmail.com you can contact me direct here. I will call you soon.

Uzair

My name is Arslan and i live in Lahore. I will be waiting for your call.

Thanks

- CFACCA - 02-19-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CFACCA</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by UzairCh</i>
<br />CFAACCA

Tell me your name and which city you live in. From your cell no it seems you live in or near Multan.
My email is ch.uzair@gmail.com you can contact me direct here. I will call you soon.

Uzair

Any updates .. ?

My name is Arslan and i live in Lahore. I will be waiting for your call.

Thanks

- CFACCA - 02-22-2010

<br />Arsalan

Check your email, I have provided details in your email. I will call you next week.

Dear Uzair,

A.O.A

I have replied to your e-mail. I will be waiting for your reply / call.

Thanks

- Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com - 02-23-2010

Hi Uzair,
I am unable to decide about that if some one did not study P6 of ACCA then will he/she would be able to attempt the technical integration papers of ICAEW? The papers are only available to registered students therefore i was unable to assess wether i would be able to attempt it ot not?

It would be great if you can send me papers?

Furthermore also confirm me that were you able to attempt Audit and Tax paper of ICAEW in Pakistan?

Please reply quickly

- CFACCA - 02-23-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com</i>
<br />Hi Uzair,
I am unable to decide about that if some one did not study P6 of ACCA then will he/she would be able to attempt the technical integration papers of ICAEW? The papers are only available to registered students therefore i was unable to assess wether i would be able to attempt it ot not?

It would be great if you can send me papers?

Furthermore also confirm me that were you able to attempt Audit and Tax paper of ICAEW in Pakistan?

Please reply quickly

I called ICAEW to confirm the same, but unfortunately only advanced stage papers are available to be sat in Pakistan. Anyhows what you can do is that you can attempt Advance tax & Advance audit papers at ACCA and then likewise claim exemption in ICAEW.
And in response to your second querie you can attempt business integration papers before clearing Professional Module. Only Advanced Case study cant be attempted before passing professional module.

I hope that i have answered your querie.

- CFACCA - 02-23-2010

<br />Dear Kamran

Yes currently solved past papers/practice questions are not available. The set is of 5 books. 4 books are of study manuals and 5th book is of solved practice questions. 5th book will be delivered to us in March, the reason of delay is that they are incorporating recent major changes in the questions that took place in IAS/IFRS. However at the end of every chapter in the study manual there are 20s of practice questions.

@ Dear Arsalan, I will provide you the Practice question's book as soon as it is delivered to us here in Lahore. No additional money will be required as it is part of the payment already made. (220 pounds).

@ Dear Kamran
If your cousin is interested please let me know at my email address ch.uzair@gmail.com. We will be getting 7 sets photocopied in 2-3 days. I can have one set photocopied for you as well. As long as 5th book is concerned, it will be provided to you as soon as it is delivered.

Kind Regards

Uzair

Thanks Uzair.

- Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com - 02-23-2010

Hi,

Only Uzair stunned me here by telling ICAEW Audit and Tax papers can also be conducted in Pakistan. Truth will be told only from Uzair?

Secondly my question was in fact that as i studied P7 in ACCA but i did not study P6 but the technical integration papers involve elements of Advanced Taxation along with other material.

I actually wanted to know that if would i be able to attempt and pass technical integration papers without studying first Advanced Taxation?