Accountancy Forum
ICAEW institute in Islamabad - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ICAEW institute in Islamabad (/showthread.php?tid=7421)

ICAEW institute in Islamabad - mamirk - 02-15-2010

Dear All,

I am an ICAEW qualified Chartered Accountant living in the United Kingdom. I wish to return to Pakistan this summer of 2010 and start my own institute for ICAEW advanced stage papers. That will be taught by myself.

What I want to find out from all of you (students especially)would like to opt for ICAEW after ICAP and ACCA given that it is a premier qualifcation?

Guys your honest opinion would really mean alot to me.

Kind Regards

Mr M A Khan

- Dard - 02-15-2010

In which year did you become an ACA? And In short, you mean you wanna find out who wants to start ICAEW in islamabad? I may be doing it, but next year

- mamirk - 02-15-2010

Thank you for the prompt reply. It was the fall of 2007 when I became a member of ICAEW.

And yes I am doing some market research to find out if people are ineterested towards gaining an ICAEW qualification in Pakistan.

Best regards

M A Khan

- Osama Rules - 02-15-2010

Salam,

EW is already doing the same thing so you wanna compete??

Regards.

- mamirk - 02-15-2010

) I like challenges in my life. I think it brings out the hidden talent in us. Would'nt you agree?

Best Regards

M A Khan

- shani420 - 02-16-2010

Would u be a sole tutor?
Quality education and money both matter so if u can compete with Emilewolf in quality and r cheaper option than many would prefer u.

- mamirk - 02-16-2010

Dear Sami Ullah,

Thank you for the reply. This sounds very useful and makes me very hopeful about my intentions to open an institute in Islamabad.

Inshallah I am considering to start the first batch in August of 2010 for the November sitting.

When you say that I should interact with ACCA/CIMA members, affliates and students would you recommend any avenues or ways that I could meet up with some of them in Islamabad.

I am coming over for a vacation for a month in March 2010 before finally moving back in May 2010.

Thank you and Best Regards

M A Khan

- mamirk - 02-16-2010

Thank you Sami Ullah that was helpful.I will be in touch when I am in Islamabad.

I have one question why have you decided to do the ICAEW courses on your own rather than joining a college? And are your friends persuing ICAEW as Independent students as well?

Best Regards

Amir Khan

To ALL others who are interested in ICAEW in Pakistan. Please let me know what your reservations are?

e.g. Do you find the qualification attractive and are willing to study for it or not? If no then why not?

What do you think of the institutes in Islamabad and there teaching standard and abilities for ICAEW?

What are your expectations from an institute? I.e what matters most e.g. teacher, location, course material, time table etc. Please ellaborate.

Thank you

- Abubakar - 02-21-2010

Dear Sir,
My name is Aubakar and I am in UK, I came there to become a chartered Accountant from the ICAEW but now feling that I will not be able to get a training contract from a CA Firm in UK, So decided to return back to my PAKISTAn where It is easy to get a Training from a CA Firm.

As you are a Qualified member of ICAEW therefore, requesting to you Please guide me how I can get the training Contract for the ACA training in the UK and if not then whether I should return to Pakistan immidiatly and should get training from there.

Please Guide me.

Yours Truly,

Abubakar

- mamirk - 02-21-2010

Dear Abubakar,

I have sent you an email. I will be glad to help out.

Please get in touch ASAP.

Kind regards

M A Khan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Abubakar</i>
<br />Dear Sir,
My name is Aubakar and I am in UK, I came there to become a chartered Accountant from the ICAEW but now feling that I will not be able to get a training contract from a CA Firm in UK, So decided to return back to my PAKISTAn where It is easy to get a Training from a CA Firm.

As you are a Qualified member of ICAEW therefore, requesting to you Please guide me how I can get the training Contract for the ACA training in the UK and if not then whether I should return to Pakistan immidiatly and should get training from there.

Please Guide me.

Yours Truly,

Abubakar
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

- Abubakar - 02-21-2010

Dear Sir,
I replied to your email with all of my concerns Pease check and guide me.

Waiting for your guidance.

Yours Propective Student

Abubakar

- smahmood - 03-05-2010

Dear M A Khan,

I am planning to endeavor ICAEW advance stage papers (i.e. Business Change and Business Reporting) in November, 2010. I have been searching for my option of institutes/individuals in Islamabad, so for haven't encountered reasonable one.

Answer to your question “What are your expectations from an institute”

Teacher's command on the subject along with good quality study material matters most, cause majority of your potential candidates will be either on job or doing training. Don’t expect them to spare lot of time reading books, they will ask practical questions and expect teacher to provide good quality material which they can grasp in short time without missing any major part.

Kind regards

Shahid Mahmood
smahmood@enpointe.com

- mamirk - 05-26-2010

Well with the expectation that the teacher will do everything and all you have to do is stay half awake in class and expect to pass the exam for the most prestigious chartered institute in the world is quite impossible.

I remember from my audit days that I used to finish the office at 9pm and come home and then study in addition to classes. Unless you are prepared to work like that then dont persue ICAEW.

Kind regards

Dear all,

Also please note I will not be making any further posts or reviewing this blog in the future. If you do want advice please contact me via my personal email.

Thanks