Accountancy Forum
little confusion,, Need help - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: little confusion,, Need help (/showthread.php?tid=7458)

little confusion,, Need help - wargoo - 02-21-2010

Hello everyone, this site is awesome man, thats not my confusion. LOL

here is

my name is ali, i just done CAT (certified accountant technician), 1 year before my plan was to go for ACCA but now having some Trouble in my MIND to change field.. i done CAT After matric, no fsc or ics,icom etc..
i'm just totally confused Now what to do, i'm not afraid to hard study,
First i need to know something, i search forum but cant find relevant info which i want to know, may be lack of search,,
i came in this field after matric it means not having gud knowledge, after CAT have some, can this effect me in my future, someone told me you must do first fsc,ics etc... to open mind, after CAT i've basic knowledge but not having full command on English language, so what i suppose to do now?
Second, my passion is to work as a IT Professional, thats the thing which creates trouble in my mind to change field.. and my father is in KUWAIT, so what you think the future of acca in arab?
what should i do now should i leave this field n start again or should i continue or there some IT course options available in this situation which if i do then got some good job & also continue my ACCA, i heard about CCNA But no idea about this, please suggest me...i'm totally confused what to do NOW, i think i'm fool but please help me...

Thanks.

sory for bad english...

- saleen.super - 02-21-2010

Your query is very genuine, Ali.

Firstly, i'd like to advise you on the field issue. If you want to move in IT field and have passion of it then my advise is that just don't do ACCA. Do FSc. and then move towards IT degrees and excel in that. You'll be much more satisfied in your own field (IT) than in a stranger field (Accounts). Just excel in IT field and opportunities will be endless. However, since you have done CAT so you will be very much familiar with various branches of this field. If you think that accountancy will be the field you'd like to establish your career in then you can get continue ACCA + doing some short IT courses.

But still if you are in ACCA just because some one around you suggested that its good because of early career start and good salaries then just don't fall for this. You'd always regret why you did not move towards IT field (just like I'm regretting why I'm not a space scientist which I wanted to be right from my childhood and also after securing A+ and A grades in matric and Fsc. [D])

Secondly, you can still do ACCA without doing Fsc. My one friend who is an ACCA affiliate now started CAT after matric. So its not an issue. You can improve your english from various other means. Goodbye Mr. Chips won't improve your english much [D]. Try to speak english with your friends and watch english news channels. That will do it.

Regards,

- wargoo - 02-21-2010

Thanks Brother for Reply.. can you guide me little what short IT courses available now???
Here is the thing, i'm already 18+ Now, so if i start all again then its cost me CAT & Time, as basic knowledge i have in CAT, if i do ACCA then its help me Little in study,
so my little mind think is that to go for ACCA n complete in minimum possible time, what you guys think,? in stupid situation where am i, what is better for me to do.

- saleen.super - 02-21-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wargoo</i>
<br />Thanks Brother for Reply.. can you guide me little what short IT courses available now???
Here is the thing, i'm already 18+ Now, so if i start all again then its cost me CAT & Time, as basic knowledge i have in CAT, if i do ACCA then its help me Little in study,
so my little mind think is that to go for ACCA n complete in minimum possible time, what you guys think,? in stupid situation where am i, what is better for me to do.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Ali,

I was talking about IT courses related to accountancy field like peachtree, oracle financial, erp etc. I do not have full information on these. You should consult some one who is experienced.

Your CAT will be <b>very</b> helpful in your ACCA studies.

As for your confusion that what to do then I expressed my suggestion in my above reply. I put it here again in short. If you want to establish career in IT then go for it even if it costs you your CAT and your one year. But if you want to move in accountancy field then just start ACCA without considering Fsc option. Even if you're concerned about having intermediate then you can still do i.com privately while continuing your ACCA.

Regards,

- yasir_live - 02-21-2010

@ Wargoo,

Once U done your Acca No one Ask for other Certificates as Acca is Enough, So this is not a problem, The Problem is that you are Double minded this is dangerous situation, When person get abset on choosing his/her career. I suggest you to do Intermediate first, Sorry to say lakin Matric pass ka zamaana khatam hoay way bhi ab ek zamana ho gya hay. Still if U dont want to go for inetrmediate go for ACCA. I have a friend whose Academics are only Matriculations, No CAT also. Now he have done half ACCA, Job kerta hay Milo gay to pehchaan nahi sako gay k yeh banda khali matric pass hay!

- Dard - 02-21-2010

CAT kar liya to matric pass nahin raha. CAT is equivalent to intermediate. You can ask for fsc equivalency certificate from the related Pakistani board. Jab ACCA kar lo ge to phir bhi matric pass nahin raho ge(if academic qualification is only upto matric). He/she will be an ACCA pass and can get a bachelors degree after submitting fee and project
If you are interested in IT then you should go for it, so that you don't regret in future about your career choice

- shani420 - 02-21-2010

Dear Dard,
CAT is not considered equivalent to Fsc by Pakistani authority.HEC does not recognize the Bsc degree by OBU if the candidate has not done A levels,intermediate or any equivalent qualification.And Currently IBCC does not issue CAT an equivalency certificate.

- Dard - 02-21-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shani420</i>
<br />Dear Dard,
CAT is not considered equivalent to Fsc by Pakistani authority.HEC does not recognize the Bsc degree by OBU if the candidate has not done A levels,intermediate or any equivalent qualification.And Currently IBCC does not issue CAT an equivalency certificate.
One of my teacher had said they(IBCC) were thinking to declare CAT as fsc equivalent. Don't know if that has made any progression. Have you asked IBCC yourself recently if they give fsc equivalent to CAT?

- yasir_live - 02-21-2010

do do rupay walaay Akhbaar hotay hain jin main jhooti khabrain chapti hain, Mian biwi k jhootay kissay........Biwi nay mian ko maar dia.....mian nay biwi ko zehr pila dia.....! Kuch isi kisam ki harkat ki hay ooper walaay bhai nay! Dear koi confirm report do Kisaay k future ka sawaal hay.........Cat is equivalent to FSC say Wargoo khush ho jai ga coz it will sounds good 2 him because it's in his favour........But who will be responsible agar khaber hi do number nikli ???

I personally wish That cat would be Equal to Intermediate......As it is great mental relaxation for many students like Wargoo.

- wargoo - 02-21-2010

Thanks for replies.. But please Can Anyone Confirm this??

- Dard - 02-22-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yasir_live</i>
<br />do do rupay walaay Akhbaar hotay hain jin main jhooti khabrain chapti hain, Mian biwi k jhootay kissay........Biwi nay mian ko maar dia.....mian nay biwi ko zehr pila dia.....! Kuch isi kisam ki harkat ki hay ooper walaay bhai nay! Dear koi confirm report do Kisaay k future ka sawaal hay.........<b>Cat is equivalent to FSC say Wargoo khush ho jai ga</b> coz it will sounds good 2 him because it's in his favour........But who will be responsible agar khaber hi do number nikli ???

I personally wish That cat would be Equal to Intermediate......As it is great mental relaxation for many students like Wargoo.
One more proof that you don't think before typing. Dude, advices pe amal kar liya karo
Nowhere did i mention that IBCC considers CAT as "Fsc" equivalent. My own personal view was that it is equivalent to INTERMEDIATE. In the very next line i said him to ASK IBCC for an equivalency certificate. Pooch k use khud he pata chal jaata whether IBCC gives a certificate or not

- Dard - 02-22-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wargoo</i>
<br />Thanks for replies.. But please Can Anyone Confirm this??
I have checked. The IBCC does not offer Fsc equivalency certificates to CATs. Fsc is related to the study of sciences, whereas CAT is accounting
I am not sure who issues I.Com equivalent certificates. I couldn't find I.Com in IBCC's website. Maybe someone here knows who provides I.Com equivalent certificates

- yasir_live - 02-22-2010

@ Dard,

Tumharay saath masla yeh hay k tum Post poori ghor say perhtay nahi ho Phudakna shru ho jatay ho forun.

ANYWAYZ, Take care.