Accountancy Forum
IS ACCA LOSING IT'S VALUE IN PAKISTAN? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: IS ACCA LOSING IT'S VALUE IN PAKISTAN? (/showthread.php?tid=7472)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- rabia-k - 02-25-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lost</i>

MRA between ACCA and CGA (Canada) will be expired on 31 Dec 2011. I hope CGA Canada will definitely refuse to renew this agreement. As i have no clue. Future is uncertain

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">i think this guy has heavily invested in "witch doctors" to get the MRA terminated [D][D]

- Dard - 02-25-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Osama Rules</i>
<br />Salam,

@pauliangenius

It's good to see that you are quite keen about your future & yes you have raised a good question.

I too am an A level student & insh would be completing it this june.I would agree with you that some people talk too much but as this is a PUBLIC forum you should be ready to accept it's drawbacks especially those people who just can't figure out what to post where!![(!]However,some members have made some excellent points.[)]

So let me share my research & opinion with you

First of all,ACCA is not so global as it claims to be & they have not made articleship mandatory which make them comparatively inferior.As far as I have noticed students who are doing ACCA do it for various reasons & not one particular.For eg

=>Some do it as it is a foregion qualification;
=>Some do it after being failed from ICAP;
=>Some do it as a route to bigger goals like ACA,CPA etc(to claim exemptions);
=>Some do it as it's resources are abundant in pak(study material);
=>Some do it simply because it is cheaper & easier than other more premium qualifications;
=>Others do it because their long term goal is narrow...& so on.

Now some people might argue that ACCA is equal to ACA/CPA but they are wrong even though they would not accept this...well most of them.Some even argue through advertisement of jobs but BOSS clarified the situation.

Hence my advice to you will be

If you want to stay in pakistan then best choice for you will be CA from ICAP BUT if you wanna move abroad then ACA from ICAEW or american CPA will be the best possible solutions for you.

I can only recommend ACCA if you do it as an entry route to some premium qualification as in my view if someone want to be at top of this field then ACCA alone will never be sufficient.

Hope this helps.[D]

Now having said all this I must make this point clear that I am not against ACCA & above post was only my personal view so anyone & everyone is free to disagree with it.[8D]

So would you like to share your AS grades with us if you dont mind ofcourse?[^]

Regards.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
You can have your personal views, but not wrong ones. I would like to clarify some views of your
You have yet to enter this field, so the information you gain may not be the actual case
Some PpL take the non-mandatory audit training as an advantage, arguing that it is flexible; Allowing you to switch between roles. It is not that training is not required at all. You MUST complete 15 performance objectives and 36 months of relevant work experience if you were to become an ACCA
By your post, it seems you have been misled to some extent and it seems you think ACCA has a very narrow scope(derived from your narrow vision sentence). I presume you were talking about its international scope. It's scope is vast, allowing you to have several options at the end
I don't know where did you find out that ACCA is monetorily CHEAP compared with other qualification. You should check out various qualification's exam fee, subscription fee and practising fee(including ICAP and ICAEW)
If you don't call a qualification having students in ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY countries as "global" then i don't know what is your term "global" defined as. You can check out the job market of Ireland, Malaysia, China, UK, Canada, even PAKISTAN(There are several job ads for ACCAs. That means ACCA is being recognised here)
We study to earn a living in future To do JOBS. Jobs are a good, perhaps the best, yardsticks to judge which qualifications have recognition and their worth. I don't know what made you say boss' sayings as "clarifying" enough. Most of his sayings were totally biased and impartial as can be seen from his various posts
In the long term every qualification produces EQUAL results for an individual. Some qualifications "premium" for you may not be premium for others
There is a reason why MOST PpL(As quoted from your post) are of the view that ACCA is equal to ACA(in the long run)

- lost - 02-25-2010

@Rabia K .i think this guy has heavily invested in "witch doctors" to get the MRA terminated

I would only say thank you very much. I am very honored to know that i am heavily invested in "Witch Doctors". If i could do magic i would definitely make ACCA superior to CA, to make your dream come true. I would also make CA equal to I.Com but i can't do anything but if i had few secret spells and wand i would have done that. [8D]

- rabia-k - 02-25-2010

Lost,
you said //I hope CGA Canada will definitely refuse to renew this agreement.//

you are hoping that the MRA with CGA be terminated!!! put your magic wand to a better use like helping you pass all your papers (CA/ACCA or whatever it is ), before you go bananas.[D]

- Dard - 02-25-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lost</i>
<br />@Rabia K .i think this guy has heavily invested in "witch doctors" to get the MRA terminated

I would only say thank you very much. I am very honored to know that i am heavily invested in "Witch Doctors". If i could do magic i would definitely make ACCA superior to CA, to make your dream come true. I would also make CA equal to I.Com but i can't do anything but if i had few secret spells and wand i would have done that. [8D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
That is the very reason PpL like you can't and won't be able to do anything with such low thoughts. Re-animated yourself
Rabia what about your result? I did wish you somewhere but i guess it was ignored

- rabia-k - 02-25-2010

Dard
I prefer not to disclose results of individual papers on a discussion forum. anyways i have cleared papers up to F7, all in the first attempt. at the moment my average is 72%.

thanks for the wishes )

regards

- pauliangenius - 02-25-2010

Osama you seem like a sensible one to me.Which school are you from?From where are you doing your A'lvls? AS far as my grades are concerned10 A in O'lvls and 3A in AS lvl. i am emailing you so pls reply to me.

- rabia-k - 02-25-2010

will be attempting F8 and F9 next, Inshallah.

Aap kon hai rabia? you made my topic as a pass to chat about everything (other than the topic itself) with your friends. JUST ANSWER MY QUERY PLZ IF YOU WANT TO PROVE YOUR WORTH IN THIS DISCUSSION[(!]

- rabia-k - 02-25-2010

didn't you get your answer yet?

- rabia-k - 02-25-2010

//10 people on the road studying for ACCA.// you may also find 15 people studying for CA(ICAP). does this make sense to you?

if you have a hell lotta money then go for ICAEW or CPA(AICPA).

i just wnt to know the worth of a single acca DEGREE ATTACHED TO YOUR NAME. IF CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT ALLOW SOMEONE TO STUDY FURTHER. by the way i will be using ACCA(inshallah) as a stepping stone towards CFA or ICAEW

- rabia-k - 02-25-2010

ACCA is not a degree FOR GOD SAKE!

whatever it is. what are its future earning prospects?

- rabia-k - 02-25-2010

depends on your work experience, your job position, your location and even your "kismet". skilled accountants will always be like "hot cakes."