Accountancy Forum
IS ACCA LOSING IT'S VALUE IN PAKISTAN? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: IS ACCA LOSING IT'S VALUE IN PAKISTAN? (/showthread.php?tid=7472)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- yasir_live - 02-26-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />Another "i am not mistaken" habit. Jo baat ghalat hai woh main kahoon ga. No one can stop me from it. You said YOU DIDN'T call me a shemale, so i provided you with the link where you did so. It is very evident from that post of yours whatever you said
I know truth hurts you, but that <b>won't stop me from pinpointing things</b>Many of your posts have "ulta" matlab. Woh alaada baat hai k baad mein tum use golmol kar dete ho. Once again i can provide you with quotes of your own to prove it
I do read posts carefully enough the very first time. Need not go through them again. Some sentences(which you type) might seem funny and impression-making to you but might just be the opposite. That's why i advice you to think before typing
I believe you are aged 20 or more, you should have understanding of what i am talking about
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yeah no one can change or stops coz Pinpointing is part of your nature, As far as I understand.

Tum ab Zid per utar aiy ho k main kisi tarah tumhian "Shemale" keh dun takaay tumharay Dil ko sakoon hasil ho jai [D]....Mari baatain bohat Seedhi Aur Saaf Suthri hoti hain lakin Tumhara Damagh Gol Mol hay is liay tum koi bhi baat parhtay ho to tumhara Demagh yeh kehta hay " Sab gol mol hay....*** gol mol.........

- Boss - 02-26-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yasir_live</i>

<b>Yeah no one can change or stops coz Pinpointing is part of your nature, As far as I understand.</b>

Yes, i also observed that he loves to take a "Parii Lakri". Atleast person should see whether Lakri is with or without thorns?[D].

- Dard - 02-26-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yasir_live</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />Another "i am not mistaken" habit. Jo baat ghalat hai woh main kahoon ga. No one can stop me from it. You said YOU DIDN'T call me a shemale, so i provided you with the link where you did so. It is very evident from that post of yours whatever you said
I know truth hurts you, but that <b>won't stop me from pinpointing things</b>Many of your posts have "ulta" matlab. Woh alaada baat hai k baad mein tum use golmol kar dete ho. Once again i can provide you with quotes of your own to prove it
I do read posts carefully enough the very first time. Need not go through them again. Some sentences(which you type) might seem funny and impression-making to you but might just be the opposite. That's why i advice you to think before typing
I believe you are aged 20 or more, you should have understanding of what i am talking about

Yeah no one can change or stops coz Pinpointing is part of your nature, As far as I understand.

Tum ab Zid per utar aiy ho k main kisi tarah tumhian "Shemale" keh dun takaay tumharay Dil ko sakoon hasil ho jai [D]....Mari baatain bohat Seedhi Aur Saaf Suthri hoti hain lakin Tumhara Damagh Gol Mol hay is liay tum koi bhi baat parhtay ho to tumhara Demagh yeh kehta hay " Sab gol mol hay....*** gol mol.........

hahaha! What a way of defending yourself. I guess your english is weak, you don't seem to understand your own words in the link i provided. Well, atleast others might have understood. You think everything you say is out of the minds of PpL, jaise log kuch samajhte he nahin hain. Your wordings were obvious enough. Tumhare maanne na maanne se koi fark nahin parta

- Dard - 02-26-2010

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>

Tum ab Zid per utar aiy ho k main kisi tarah tumhian "Shemale" keh dun takaay tumharay Dil ko sakoon hasil ho jai [D]....Mari baatain bohat Seedhi Aur Saaf Suthri hoti hain lakin <b>Tumhara Damagh Gol Mol hay is liay tum koi bhi baat parhtay ho to tumhara Demagh yeh kehta hay " Sab gol mol hay....*** gol mol</b>.........

When you can't prove yourself you start saying things like this, sad

- Dard - 02-26-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Boss</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yasir_live</i>

<b>Yeah no one can change or stops coz Pinpointing is part of your nature, As far as I understand.</b>

Yes, i also observed that he loves to take a "Parii Lakri". Atleast person should see whether Lakri is with or without thorns?[D].
KID, you seem to be another "ajnabi" to me. Ek jagah behes he kya kar lee, yahan bhi peeche parh gaye. Personal hatred hota hai to baseless grounds pe dusron ko bura bhala kehte ho. Koi aur jagah nahin mili behes ki to yahan aa gaye

- Dard - 02-26-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by crazzyaccountant</i>
<br />Well i do want to add some facts
i am ACCA affiliate and so please don"t take it wrongly as a part of professional rivalry
I do agree that one did not become equal to C.A member after passing 14 papers of ACCA (mark word "C.A" member)but still this degree is not the one to be compare with M.B.A or B.com(which is completely out of question)
One may be earning even less then Rs10000/- after becoming ACCA affiliates but 100"s of ca internees are earning Rs6500/- (the level up to which ACCA affiliates are recognized by ICAP)
I can even give my personnel example that despite being an average student i respectfully earn more then Rs35000/- in Pakistani market even before becoming ACCA affiliate fart ahead of what C.A inter can even dream for.
meeting 10 out of which 5 are planning for ACCA is as much true as this fact is that remaining 4 out 5 are planing to go for C.A(ICAP)
"C.A is always given a preference over ACCA in PAKISTAN" is as true as "ACCA is far valuable worldwide then C.A(ICAP)"
Wishing for reduction in exemption for ACCA by ICAP registered students shows nothing except dis reputing their own body
As far as i think the best route for one could be go for ACCA and then C.A and in last for ICAEW saving a chance of success
Dude, some PpL here just want to show the negative side of ACCA due to some enmity. Either they are unaware of the positive side or don't want to tell it to others
They will come up with rare examples of PpL earning 8000-10,000, but they have covered their eyes and brains to see and realise that majority is what counts. They don't give examples of PpL earning high salaries

- yasir_live - 02-26-2010

@ Dard,

Tum samajh jao bus yeh kafi hay, Doosro ki samajh per mujhay Aitbaar hay. Doosraay abhi bilkul Authentic hain Bus ek tum ho jis k Ghutno main Saas bahu ka Damagh laga hua hay........Aur Sir main Shemale bunnay k khuaab sawaar hain.

Mujhay Zaroorat bhi kya hay k main Tumhain Kuch Poof ker k dikhaun...Tum kon say khaleefa ho ? Aur Proof ker bhi diya to Kya ker lo gay tum ? Aur nahi kia to kya Bigaar lo gay Tum ?

@ Other Members,

Please Continue with topic.....Yeh Dard to Chudar chudar kerta rahay ga Aakhri saanso tak.....I apologize for Disturbance created from my Part. Regards.

- kamranACA - 02-26-2010

Folks

All what you are debating has so many times been discussed, debated, questioned, counter questioned, and analyzed. I guess every one knows what is what. The last post of a fellow "crazzyaccountant" clarifies it as well where he wrote

............"As far as i think the best route for one could be go for ACCA and then C.A and in last for ICAEW saving a chance of success"...........

It's enough to clarify the purpose of ACCA which most of our students bear in mind and I am pretty much sure that ACCA is much helpful for those, whose destination in itself is not ACCA.

By the way I always appreciate those who are doing ACCA considering it a core qualification itself. At the same time, I don't dissent with the idea of having more than one qualification; however, it should not be for a reason that the already conceived qualification/designation is not upto the mark or is not producing the desired results.

Every one who is sitting outside Pak and is praising ACCA is merely for the reason that it some how provided them (or they think it can provide the others) a way forward to jump in another qaulification through a "shortcut". Yet, one crucial aspect is forgotten; that at which place it itself is a core qualification? This question is of utmost importance and is never pondered upon.

With a bit exception of middle east (since they don't have loaclized professional bodies) and of UK (where they always prefer their localized ACCAs over the foreigners who did ACCA while stationing at another country), we don't find a place where it is a core qualification. I am not discussing how much "globalize" it is or how it can provide a shortcut at various locations. Rather, I am only discussing that it is not in itself a core qualification at most of the locations. If it is then why it is unknown?

Suhaaney khawb like "practicing rights at bala bala place" are nothing but something impracticable in 100+percent cases for the students who are located in Pakistan. Certainly no one can with limited resources go to Malasia or UK etc to establish a practice. If some one has such resources then certainly in majority of cases he does not need ACCA for getting settled and establishing a source of livelihood.

As far as providing exemptions or gateway or shortcut for some good qualification, we all know ACCA has a remarkeable worth. BTW, we know every one in the world and our nation in specific is too concerned for shortcuts. I just recalled the movie "Kaminey". Our 99% students of PIPFA are there merely with a thought that it can provide some shortcuts to other qualifications. So, it is natural for all of us including you all and myself as well in one way or other.

Rest of issues are known to the people who have given a test to the practical difficulties of life, and the ones who are unaware will soon explore it, since "time" always transfers the burden of responsibilities sooner or later. I also believe that one gets what ALLAH has written in his fate.

I request you all not to engage in personal differences or issues merely on the basis of what ACCA is or what it is not. Being an ACCA is not going to help or affect others in any manner and being not an ACCA is also not leaving any impact of similar nature. It's also natural that people are hurt if we pass any remarks contrary to what they believe or percieve; although it is not democratic but is a fact of life and no one is exception. So, I think we should not go at proving something that may hurt some one. If it does not hurt sentiments then there is no issue in continuing with the discussion.

Stick with your objective in life and always take the responsibility of your decisions. Time teaches so many lessons, so we are not obliged to change any one's mind.

All the members have fullest right to dissent with my view point and I have no claim for any perfection.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

- Dard - 02-26-2010

Yasir, i knew you would start talking like that soon, with indecent words. Your wordings are enough as a proof dude. Jaisa k kisi ne kaha tha forum pe, kuch logon ko bohot khushfehmi rehti hai, pitty on them
Back to the topic
Kamran bhai there are countries where it is considered a core qualification UK, malaysia, Ireland, Middle East and China
I do agree with your view regarding practising rights in Pakistan. A single qualification, like ACCA, can't be a core qualification in most/all of the countries due to laws of different countries. No matter which qualification you have in hand, you will have to obtain the local qualification and practising rights of the country you are residing in if you are to start practising
It is also true that ACCA is a good gateway to other qualifications, but if someone says that it is not a stand-alone qualification(as some PpL have said) and needs support of other qualifications for industry-based high profile jobs, i would strongly oppose it

- pauliangenius - 02-26-2010

KAmran Bhai, you said the right thing. Atleast you realised the real subject matter of the topic! Like i said, i just wanted to know the worth of a single ACCA attached to your name in Pakistan,ie,what is the starting salary?what are the future promotion prospects of an ACCA affliate? etc etc.But all those creeps on this forum used my topic as an arena to settle their personal disputes. So please please please for the last time, just answer my query.[(!][8D].

- Boss - 02-26-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>

KID, you seem to be another "ajnabi" to me. Ek jagah behes he kya kar lee, yahan bhi peeche parh gaye. Personal hatred hota hai to baseless grounds pe dusron ko bura bhala kehte ho. Koi aur jagah nahin mili behes ki to yahan aa gaye

<b><font size="2">Chup Bay</font id="size2"></b> [(!]

- Dard - 02-26-2010

Your questions have already been answered pauliangenius. Read the posts carefully
If you want to practice in Pakistan then you need ICAP's C.A, otherwise only ACCA is fine
In my opinion ACCA qualification is valued for jobs in industries
ACCA or any other accountancy qualification does not have any high worth if there is no exposure to audit firms(Answer to your ACCA AFFILIATE question)
Being a professional accountant with ACCA with your name, ie being a MEMBER, there is scope in Pakistan if you have done articleship from a reputed audit firm
Promotion prospects depend solely on an individual and the company he/she is working in. If you are hard working and committed you will get promotion. Your choice of company should be careful and thoughtful, keeping in view the company's career development strategies and procedures
Salaries too depend on individual attributes, abilities and fate. You will see ACCAs earning in the six figures, while others earn less

- Boss - 02-26-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pauliangenius</i>
<br />KAmran Bhai, you said the right thing. Atleast you realised the real subject matter of the topic! Like i said, i just wanted to know the worth of a single ACCA attached to your name in Pakistan,ie,what is the starting salary?what are the future promotion prospects of an ACCA affliate? etc etc.But all those creeps on this forum used my topic as an arena to settle their personal disputes. So please please please for the last time, just answer my query.[(!][8D].

Bhai, most of your questions have already been replied by members.

- In Pakistan, A sole ACCA has the same worth as a Hungry Dog searching for food is got through to have a Bone, atlast.

- Future of ACCA is doubtful in Pakistan, probably it has no future in pakistan, ICAP kise bhe din Danda dene wala hai ACCA ko.

- Starting Salary, if you are lucky enough, would be 12K-15K, agar boath Teer mara to 20-25k after articleship completion (Affiliate ki baat kar raha hon main).

ACCA is only good, if this route is used as a pathway to CA, Wesay bhe zaida tar CA k failures hi hotay hain ACCA may, ya phir CA karnay k liye rasta bananay walay hotay hain. Is ki misal aisee hai jesay koi Bandar kisee Ghadhay ka sahara lay kar darakht pay charnay ki koshish karta hai.

- Dard - 02-26-2010

NOTE THIS POST IS ONLY ADDRESSED TO PAULIANGENIUS
Parhe likhe jaahil log hai yahan pauliangenius, you can judge from their wordings and lame examples
An ACCA affiliate, after completing articleship becomes an ACCA MEMBER and can't be called an AFFILIATE. Some PpL here again have started talking about C.A, which was not the original query. They just want to prove ACCA inferior
I would advice you to seek advices from balanced PpL-who highlight both the goods and bads of something-and NOT BIASED ones(as some PpL on this forum are). The answers are in front you, the evaluation is upon you

- arsenal.gooner - 02-26-2010

Well if ACCA is so worthless, then why does ICAEW offers membership to those ACCA members who have been ACCA members for 5 years???

I thinks we guyz ought to be professionals and some of the debate above has been ludicrous

I would like to state here that i am neither against or for any qualification. ICAP is a premium qualification and there is no denying this fact. But i just dont understand the reason for having a prejudice against any qualification?

If you are competent and hard working, then Allah will bestow upon his blessings in the form of success. So be cool guyz!!!