Accountancy Forum
CDC becomes ACCA approved Employer - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: CDC becomes ACCA approved Employer (/showthread.php?tid=7480)

CDC becomes ACCA approved Employer - Greatkhans - 02-23-2010

KARACHI (February 23 2010) The Central Depository Company (CDC) of Pakistan has been registered as an Approved Employer with the ACCA, the global body for professional accountants. According to a press release of the ACCA issued on Monday, the registration process involved the assessment of CDC`s standards for staff training and development as well as overall learning environment at the organisation.

This relationship will indeed help CDC attract and retain best talent in the field of Accounting and Finance and will also provide an opportunity for existing CDC employees to receive credit for their work experience. Currently, there is a substantial number of ACCA trainees working at CDC offices across the country.

In an award presentation ceremony organised at the CDC office in Karachi Muhammad Hanif Jakhura, CEO, CDC Pakistan Ltd, said, `The diversified businesses of CDC require highly skilled and qualified professionals who have high moral and ethical values. It is through organisations such as ACCA, that we expect to meet the rising need of accounting and finance professionals`. Speaking at the occasion Arif Masud Mirza, Head of ACCA Pakistan said, `ACCA is excited about this strategic partnership formed with the only depository company in Pakistan.

Besides providing CDC with human talent, ACCA Pakistan will support CDC in conducting researches and supporting them in their diversified role through ACCA`s thought leadership initiatives. Aftab Diwan, Chief Operating Officer, Anwar Goplani, Head of Human Resources, Kamran Ahmed Qazi, CFO and Company Secretary, Fazal Hussain Gaffoor, Chief Internal Auditor; Ejaz Ali Shah General Manager Marketing and Customer Support Services, CDC Pakistan, Haroon A Jan, Head of Business Development, ACCA Pakistan and Taimur Beiram Khan, Business Development Manager, ACCA Pakistan were also present on the occasion.-PR

The above news may be of some interest to ACCA students.

Regards,

GREAT KHANS

- shani420 - 02-24-2010

Good to see new opportunities arising for ACCAs.
Greatkhan! Glad that a senior like u is writing about ACCA.
Regards.

- Greatkhans - 02-24-2010

Hi Shani,

I think I never indulge myself in debates like X/Y and I have never said anything wrong about ACCA or any other designation. To me, everyone makes prudent and wise decision about his career according to his circumstances, and he should stick to it. Believe me your qualification is a passport for potential job opportunity; it is basic requirement. An employer needs more than this such as your working exposure, appearance and personality, communication skills, your analytical skills, presentation skills etc. No matter what designation you have, if you can’t convince your potential employer that you are value addition to the organization, he won’t hire you. If you are competent enough and enhance the economic value to your organization, the employer will accept all your terms or vice versa.

As a senior my advice to youngsters is that they should make a blend of accounting with IT, particularly with an ERP such as SAP, Oracle, People Soft, Hyperion, MS Great Plains etc. This will enhance your real worth and will open more opportunities.

Regards,
GREAT KHANS

- shani420 - 02-24-2010

Dear Greatkhans,
that was a very nice post.It would really guide juniors like me.I shall try to get used to these softwares.
BTW I never said that u ever maligned ACCA or any other body.U have been well rounded and ***er in all those post which I have read.
Keep on guiding juniors(although u urself r junior in terms of posts)
Regards.

Hi Shani,

You are very right that I am very junior in terms of number of posts. Saadi said

"Buzargi ba aqal asst, na ba saal"

You can change SAAL with POST.

ha, ha, ha ...

Regards,

GREAT KHANS

- shani420 - 02-24-2010

Dear greatkhans,
That was a nice post.I am wondering why moderator has put stars in my above post.Believe me , it was not an offensive word.
Regards.

Hi Shani,

I am sure you are right. Forget that.

Regards,

GREAT KHANS

- Dard - 02-24-2010

That is a great news. But an approved employer's experience(other than the audit firms) can't be compared with an exposure in BIG6 audit firms, right?

- Greatkhans - 02-25-2010

Hi Dard,

Do all CAs get training from big6? Still they are competent and knowledgeable. Isn't glass half full?

Regards,

GREAT KHANS

- Dard - 02-25-2010

I meant ACCA students who work in industry to gain work experience compared with the BIG6

- Greatkhans - 02-25-2010

Hi Dard,

You are very right exposure in big6 is far much better than on job experience. What my point is that this is an opportunity, which will definitely help some of ACCA students.

Regards,

GREAT KHANS