Accountancy Forum
help from seniors - info about firm needed - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: help from seniors - info about firm needed (/showthread.php?tid=7487)

help from seniors - info about firm needed - aliraza_acca - 02-25-2010

hello all!
im on final paper of acca with two years of accounting experience!
Im wondering to join a good firm!plz tell me the induction periods for big 6 and whether my experience will be any good for me in this regard!
can any one tell me the local as well as international ranking of HORWATH HUSSAIN & CO.

- Dard - 02-26-2010

Induction periods are after the results of C.A April and October as far as i remember
Your accounting experience could be an advantage for induction in audit firms
I have not heard of Horwath Hussain & Co. One Firm is Syed Hussain & Co affiliated with Moore Stephens & Co of the Uk(Ranked in top 10 in 2008-2009 in the uk). I don't know about its local ranking in Pakistan

- kamranACA - 02-26-2010

Dear

Howarth Hussain and Company was previously known as "Hussain Chaudry and Company".

In past, I remember it used to be a good firm but having "mainly" the tax / consultancy business. Now a days, I guess they are struggling a bit but trying to revamp the structure and increase the partners and staff strength. Affiliation with Howarth appears to be a step forward towards this objective.

Horwath is an international firm that has good business at UAE / middle east region. They their-self changed their name couple of years back. One of their director in this region is my ex-student. However, I am not much sure about their current international ranking. You can search it through internet search engine.

Regards,

Kamran.

- aliraza_acca - 02-26-2010

thanx all for the useful information

i want to know are there chances of international secondments through this firm

- kamranACA - 02-26-2010

Perhaps NO.

Regards,

- ausmanpk2001 - 02-28-2010

internationally it ranks at #10

- HORWATHRWP - 03-18-2010

I actually work in horwath rawalpindi branch.

We have been upgraded to category A of firms so now we are eligible to audit banks etc.

Horwath is one of the leading firms in Pakistan and our intake is very competitive-CA inter or ACCA qualified.

www.horwath.com.pk
www.horwath.pk

In Rawalpindi we are on the top ,In Lahore maybe 6 -7 th place or earlier.

Our Karachi operations are also increasingly expanding.Office located at clifton .In fact we are hiring there so for karachi only you can send your Cv s to

mhc@dsl.net.pk

- sameer_mobin - 03-19-2010

horwath co,

i am acca professional module student,currently studying p1,2,3.can i apply for induction?plus, my family maybe moving back to pindi by june,so should i apply in pindi office too?..kindly reply quik so i can apply as soon as possible.