Accountancy Forum
What after MBA(Finance)? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: What after MBA(Finance)? (/showthread.php?tid=7523)

Pages: 1 2

What after MBA(Finance)? - jamaljan - 03-03-2010

I've recently complete my MBA(Finance) from Karachi University and am also working for the past 3 years as well.

I'm thinking of doing something but don't know what. I don't really know if doing ACCA/CFA or for that matter any of these certification will land me where.

I would be thankful if someone can please guide me as to what should I do which will benefit me in terms of getting a better job, plus the time duration of doing that particular certification/degree.

Thanks & Regards

- saleen.super - 03-03-2010

In case you want to settle down in accountancy role then go for ACCA/CA or anything similar.
In case you want to make your career in finance/investments then do CFA.

Regards,

- jamaljan - 03-03-2010

hmm thanks, I'm not really sure if I want to do finance/accountancy.

-Which one has more job opportunities(both in and outside Pakistan?) -How much time will CFA or ACCA require?
-And how much will they cost

PS. if someone is aware of a better option, please do tell me

Regards

- yasir_live - 03-03-2010

I think U may go for second Masters Degree in Chemistry, Thank you will get a opportunity to work as Chemical Engg in Nuclear Industry. What U say ?

- jamaljan - 03-06-2010

yasir_live, that is a nice recommendation but I don't like chemistry.

- FARHAN123 - 03-06-2010

I think one can get masters degree in chemistry if he /she has done bachelors in chemistry only . My advice for jamal is to go for CFA . It has very wide scope inside and outside Pakistan . It has three levels . I am not very sure about the duration of CFA but u can check it out from their official website www.cfainstitute.org/ .

- jamaljan - 03-07-2010

Thanks Farhan. Do you know if there is any scope of CFA other than in Investment Banking?

PS. anyone knows if there is exemption of some courses in CFA for MBA students?

- shani420 - 03-07-2010

Dear jamaljan,
There r NO exemptions available in CFA for any qualification whether CA,MBA,MCOM whatever.

- yasir_live - 03-07-2010

Jamal,

I think you can go for MA in URDU. it is good option. That Way you will get a chance to teach URDU lecture in different schools. Every educational instituion has requirement of Urdu teacher. So just imagine how much your job scope increases after doing MA(urdu). What you say ?

- jamaljan - 03-07-2010

ok thanks shani.

yasir_live, thanks again for your kind suggestions but I'm not interested in teaching.

Jamal,

U r not intrested in Nuclear Tech and Teaching as well. Ok I suggest you to do MA with major in Political Science. This course allows you to have deep knowledge in Political Factors. In future you can do something good for Pakistan. Our country being a Jamhoori Country so scope of Politics will always play a role. And there will alwayz requirement of Politicians weather to develop Pakistan or to destroy the same.

Regards,

- jamaljan - 03-07-2010

*yawns*

its getting boring.

Jamal,

Well, I am only contributing my part to help you, Though it seems you dont like my Suggestions, I dont know for what reasons. But I try my Level best to give you Good Advice. Anywayz Best of Luk.

Regards,

- Atifboss - 03-07-2010

Yasir i think u are insane or acting as if you are unable to understand... its not fun.... if somebody is asking for advise then give him wisely or otherwise let others contribute. you are suggesting as if you are making fun. i dont know where u have posted your 417 posts, are all of them are like those you posted here!!

- Dard - 03-07-2010

Dear jamaljan,
The scope of CFA is limited to few fields like investment banking. But since it has no rival, and is a globally recognised speciality qualification in investment sector, job oppurtunities are high in many countries