Accountancy Forum
To Greatkhan sir, kamran sir and other seniors - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Technology (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: To Greatkhan sir, kamran sir and other seniors (/showthread.php?tid=7576)

Pages: 1 2

To Greatkhan sir, kamran sir and other seniors - Dard - 03-11-2010

This era of accountancy requires an individual to have many abilities, skills and attributes. One of them is the need to be skilled in IT related Accounting softwares. I wanted to know from all the seniors which accounting softwares do employer look for specifically? Which sofwares are the best and famous for large businesses? From where can i get info about them and how and where(institute?) can i get trained with them? Answers will be highly appreciated

- Dard - 03-16-2010

Thank you. But i want to know about global accounting softwares for large businesses(like Oracle financial), not local ones, which will help me abroad too, and where can i get a training of them in Pakistan

- awaisaftab - 04-20-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by khuramonline</i>
<br />Your "Mind-Opening" article reminded me of my own academic times. I was a student of M.Com. No one of my class fellows was able enough to write even a single sentence in grammatically correct English. All of them copied 100% materials from Internet for their thesis assignments. I did not like all this. I decided to not complete my M.Com. I really did not complete it. Instead of getting a stupid degree (I call it stupid because all my incompetent class fellows got it with colorful GPAs) in Accounting, I developed my own Accounting Software. And now I am earning good money with this software. Dear, your referred article is not a mind-opening article. It is a mind-closing article. Students can get their assignments completed by professionals!!! What is mind-opening thing in that...???
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

No qualification is stupid. Education has its own importance. You say that you have developed an Accounting Software its shows your skills but keep it in mind skills without education often proven worthless. Now the trend of doing M.S is becoming common among master degree holders in near future the Bachelor degree will not have current importance and the status or weightage of bachelor degrees will be assigned to Masters Degrees. I did my M.A in (Economics) although I have never applied for any job relating to Economics but this degree enhance my confidence, create weightage in my C.V and finally I can do M.S/M.Phil in both Economics and Finance.

I think you committed a big mistake by leaving your M.Com incompleted.

- yasir_live - 04-20-2010

Awais.

Why One should Choose MAsters in Economics, When MBA and MCOM are available. I know it all depends on individual. But Still Don;t U think Employers are not demanding Degree in Economies. Personally I think there is no value and Scope of MA(Economics). May be I am Wrong. But U being a Post Graduate in Economics, Can U tell me the scope and Value of this degree. What will be career Opportunities associated with it ?

Regards.

- awaisaftab - 04-21-2010

Dear Yasir

The choice of a qualification often depends upon many factors for instance availability of time, degree of struggle required and efforts. In my opinion MA in economics is a good option for those students who are pursuing professional qualifications. You will find many qualified/part qualified professional accountants who hold Post Graduate degree in eco. I was interested in economics and could appear in papers as private student in exams which were taken in Jun-July by the Punjab University. As far as the scope of economics is concerned I think it has more scope then Physics and Chemistry for instance in banking sector, capital market government sector and teaching.
Dear Yasir please don't mind but I don't want to discuss any more scope of economics and benefits of post graduation in eco.

- yasir_live - 04-21-2010

IT's Ok Awais. I don't Mind. Infact Dear Let me tell U Y I have asked U. I am planning to study further MBA And MA(Eco) is available to me as post Degree programs. I am more intrested in MBA but little bit confused COZ MBA ki degree main Reputed Institution Bohat value rakhta hay jo mujhay available nahi hay. On the other hand Mujhay MA(Eco) ka degree program available hay ek reputed institution say. Lakin is degree k Scope per kuch shak hay

But Anywayz We may leave this Topic here. Main to aaj kal Confuse hi hun bohat xiada k kya Parhun.

Take Care.

- yasir_live - 04-25-2010

Khuram.

Who force you to copy and paste Assignments from Internet ? Dear it is Us who seeks most easiest way to complete our Assignments, Because We are sort of lazy and more focused on Achieving Certificate rather Wisdom. Besides using internet Search is not a Stupid Task, it is famous in Western Domain also. Western Students also search and Take desire material from internet.

There are other things to eliminate from our society, Like Reference Culture, Barbary to get jobs, Etc. Coming back to your Act, Tum nay to dost MCOM chor kar blunder mistake ki hay Meray hissab say to tum nay Apna Zaarban is zamanay k haath main Pakraa dia hay. q k Jis society k tum aur main Fard hain wahaan Certificate ka Raaaaj Chalta hay chahay zahanat ho ya naa ho. U r not a member of Western Society or any other Professional Society where Your Expertise comes first than your Certificates.

Xiada nahi aaj say 5 saal baad Aaj hi k Bachaay aap k samnay uchal rahay hongay q k un k pass shayad ek certificate aap say xiada hoga. Jisay kuch nahi ata hoga woh bhi dominate kar raha hoga sirf Certificates ki base par. this is one of our reality!

I advise you to get back in University and continue your MCOM.

Sorry if U mind anything.

Regards.

- awaisaftab - 04-26-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yasir_live</i>
<br />
Khuram.

Who force you to copy and paste Assignments from Internet ? Dear it is Us who seeks most easiest way to complete our Assignments, Because We are sort of lazy and more focused on Achieving Certificate rather Wisdom. Besides using internet Search is not a Stupid Task, it is famous in Western Domain also. Western Students also search and Take desire material from internet.
stern Society or any other Professional Society where Your Expertise comes first than your Certificates.

Regards.

I am agreed with Yasir to the extent of the above paragraph.

@ khuram

Dear if you satisfied with your decision then its ok. Everyone has its own ideas and has the right of difference of opinion.

Regards,

Awais Aftab

Yasir

Have you taken decision regarding doing MBA or MA/M.Sc (Eco).If you can get admission in a good and reputed institute in M.SC (eco) then complete it first MBA to kabhi bhi ho sakta ha even during job. But it is my own advice you are inteligent person tum khud behtar faisla ker sakte ho yaqinan mujh ko tumhare tamam halat ka ilm nhn ha.

Regards,

Awais Aftab

- yasir_live - 04-26-2010

Dear Awais.

Well to be honest I am still Confused. Actually resources available to me are not Vast. They are Extremely Limited. And I like to develop myself in light of Pakistani Market, though I am not living there but We all expats have to come back there. Further more there is one more thing, that I have gone through Economics Subject in my Previous Studies, Honestly I find it Extremely Difficult to Learn. So there are chances That I will complete MBA from UN-reputed University instead of MA(Eco) from Reputed Institution.

Regards.

In prevailing situation I think MBA will be better for you.

- syssoft - 05-19-2010

Dear All,

I on behalf of SysSoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd. would like to share my joy with all honorable members of this forum.

- syssoft - 05-19-2010

As far as international Computerized Accounting Software is concerned, there is an emerging ERP product by Microsoft i.e GP Great Plan and many corporate organizations are turning towards Microsoft GP just like SAP and Oracle Financial.

- Toronto_Boy - 06-15-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by khuramonline</i>
<br />Just sharing a sad thing. Recently one of my acquaintances, a CA Finalist got Canada skilled Visa. I know him .. he is a nice person. During a job interview in Canada, he presented his ICAP licence before interview penal. They saw it and then asked him to leave that Pakistani degree aside and show them some "international" degree. He had nothing like any international degree. These days he is in a real trouble. He has three options before him. First is salesman job in some store. second is pump boy at petrol pump. and third is taxi driver job.

Anyways ... reason may be like what our own TV channels are propagating about issue of fake degrees of parliamentarians. Foreigners are getting very bad impression of all it.

Secondly ... our educational institutes get all the fee charges from students only and only to give students some degree or certificate. As I know he is a nice person and CA Finalist. I also know that he knows absolutely nothing about computerized accounting. He does not even know which Accounting softwares are there in market, what they do, how to operate them or even what extra information can be sought from Computerized Accounting System.

Dear Khuram

It would become a long debate if I go in details that I wanna avoid here. However, following are some of my views.

First regarding Canada and your CA friend. Basically, Canada is a country of immigrants from almost all regions and countries on globe. So, Canadian employers generally don't know about qualifications of each of those countries, but have trust on education from UK, or USA etc. So they ask for that if someone does not have Canadian education. They have most trust on Canadian degrees/ designations (even more than any of 1st world country's qualification like UK or USA), just because they know their own systems and universities. So this is a matter of knowing and trust for an employer who is taking interviews from 10 different candidates of 10 different countries and backgrounds. Therefore, if an immigrant would not get a professional job in his field then what is left. Blue collar jobs. Still, doing a blue collar job (in start) is not a bad thing in these countries. Almost everyone here MUST have done a blue collar job in any stage of his/her life, at-least during student life. Therefore, flipping burgers at McDonalds or filling gas at stations is quite a normal thing here. For example, even none of US president or Canadian PM (in recent history) can say that he has not worked in such jobs. Everyone does that. So, my friend, immigrants are not exceptional. Though I know (as Pakistani background) we don't pay respect to blue collar jobs in our countries.

So my friend, driving cab with Pakistani CA designation is not an unusual thing here. Even Canadian CA can work at gas station if he is out of job and in need of money for family and food. However, it would only be a transitionary period for both CAs (Pakistani or Canadian), which would be shorter for Canadian CA due to several advantages as compared to Pakistani CA who is just new in country and does not have many strengths like Canadian education/ experience. But don't worry, he would make his way with time and efforts.

Moreover, I have strong faith in Pakistani education system, universities, and designations like CA (ICAP) and CMA (ICMAP). On the basis of this education background, Pakistanis are working on big jobs all over the world, though they keep improving/ updating their education with new country's requirements. Not knowing accounting software is not a big deal, though its a big requirement and must be an obstacle in achieving accounting job here. Two or three month's extensive hands on training can be enough to work as user on mid-level accounting software. I have trust on your CA friend's background knowledge and skills in accounting, though I would only say that he did not complete his homework before immigrating here.

Perhaps, not having awareness about Canadian job requirements can be one reason for Pakistani immigrants to Canada. I started writing on this forum to introduce what Canadian employers are looking for. Perhaps, it could help them in proper planing.

Regards

- awaisaftab - 06-15-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>

Not knowing accounting software is not a big deal, though its a big requirement and must be an obstacle in achieving accounting job here. Two or three month's extensive hands on training can be enough to work as user on mid-level accounting software. I have trust on your CA friend's background knowledge and skills in accounting, though I would only say that he did not complete his homework before immigrating here.

Regards

Hi Toronto Boy

I somehow disagree with you in my opinion a professional accountant can get command on any accounting software including more sophisticated accounting software like Oracle Financial.

Regards,

Awais