Accountancy Forum
Recognition of OBU's B.Sc. Hons. to ACCA Globally? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Recognition of OBU's B.Sc. Hons. to ACCA Globally? (/showthread.php?tid=7588)

Recognition of OBU's B.Sc. Hons. to ACCA Globally? - Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com - 03-13-2010

Hi,

I need to know the recognition of OBU's B.Sc. Hons. Degree awarded to ACCA students globally both academically, professionally and for visa/migration purposes?

Some accounting bodies have requirement of Graduate degree.

I know that it is accepted by ICAEW but it is not accepted by CPA-HK.

I also know that it is accepted as a full 3 years Graduate degree in Pakistan.

I sent this degree Degree to Harvard Business School and London Business School and they replied that they don't have a requirement as of the type of a Degree.

If any one know further about it, please share your knowledge, it would be very useful for us.

- lost - 03-13-2010

I also have same sort of question.

To be eligible for CFA exam one need to have 16 years of education. As i know that Oxford Brookes degree is 3 years so one who holds this degree is ineligible to sit for CFA exam. University of Central Punjab offers BBA hons degree which is considered as 4 years degree. Can anyone sit for CFA exam who hold UCP BBA degree(as a Part II Qualified ACCA or CA Inter)?

- Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com - 03-13-2010

Hi,

Different states of USA have different requirements. State of Delaware and Colorado have less requirements than others.

Degree of OBU in UK is awarded after 16 years of education. But i am unsure wether they are accepting it as a full Graduate Degree or not?

- Dard - 03-13-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lost</i>
<br />I also have same sort of question.

To be eligible for CFA exam one need to have 16 years of education. As i know that Oxford Brookes degree is 3 years so one who holds this degree is ineligible to sit for CFA exam. University of Central Punjab offers BBA hons degree which is considered as 4 years degree. Can anyone sit for CFA exam who hold UCP BBA degree(as a Part II Qualified ACCA or CA Inter)?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Students holding a bachelors degree or having a professional qualification like ACCA are eligible to register with CFA. Students in the last of their degree or who are in the professional module of ACCA are eligible to take Level I exam of CFA. However, they must complete their qualification/degree before sitting for Level II exam

- Dard - 03-13-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com</i>
<br />Hi,

I need to know the recognition of OBU's B.Sc. Hons. Degree awarded to ACCA students globally both academically, professionally and for visa/migration purposes?

Some accounting bodies have requirement of Graduate degree.

I know that it is accepted by ICAEW but it is not accepted by CPA-HK.

I also know that it is accepted as a full 3 years Graduate degree in Pakistan.

I sent this degree Degree to Harvard Business School and London Business School and they replied that they don't have a requirement as of the type of a Degree.

If any one know further about it, please share your knowledge, it would be very useful for us.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
In the Uk the degree is recognised and accepted by universities. It is also recognised by CGA Canada

- Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com - 03-23-2010

@All

This Degree is also granted positive skill assessment for migration purpose by NIA and ICAA. Which means that NIA and ICAA accepting this as a Graduate Degree.

- rabia-k - 03-23-2010

i had emailed ICAA a few months back, wondering whether one could get admission in the ICAA program on the basis of this degree . i was asked to send my degree transcripts along with my mark sheets of papers F1 to F9 for assessment.

@Rabia

What happened eventually?

- rabia-k - 03-23-2010

i don't have the degree yet. i was curious so i dropped them an email. i think you should try since you have a degree. they will charge a nominal amount i think, not very sure.

@Rabia

When you are going to have that Degree?

Actually people recieved Positive Skill Assessment on the basis of this Degree that's why i am sure that ICAA and NIA is accepting it.

- Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com - 03-31-2010

Hello,

This Degree is also accepted by NZICA BUT they require an assessment first same like ICAA.

Admission in US-CPA on the basis of this Degree require an assessment by Foreign Academic Credentialing Service (FACS).