Accountancy Forum
about exemption in icaa - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: about exemption in icaa (/showthread.php?tid=7643)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com - 03-23-2010

@Shani

The front desk staff don't have in depth knowledge and most of the times they don't reply considering specifically your situation.

I am still sure about the information which i have gained after a research. Kaleem made a confusion though.

- Kaleemkahn - 03-23-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com</i>
<br />@Kaleem

Did your brother gain exemption into ICAEW and then passed the Advanced Stage of ICAEW (Meeting education requirements) and completed an ICAEW training contract?

Or he gained ICAEW membership being FCCA since 5 years and after passing the examination of experience?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
yes my brother passed paper and completed icaew training.He was not an fcca then.

- Kaleemkahn - 03-23-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com</i>
<br />@All

I am still standing by with what i have said.

@Kaleem

There should be lacking something while your brother gained ICAEW membership? Please clarify exactly how he gained ICAEW membership EXACTLY?
Icaa told him that if anyone has claimed even a single exemption in Icaew on the base of acca then he is not eligible to join icaa as a reciprocal member.

- lost - 03-23-2010

Now my confusion is turning into disappointment. It means that its useless to go for ICAEW after claiming exemptions as one can't avail membership with reciprocal bodies.

- shani420 - 03-23-2010

@All
I had mailed ICAA about reciprocal membership.They have said that those who have gained 12 exemptions in ICAEW for their ACCA affiliateship and then have passed final 3 papers and training then they ARE eligible for ICAA reciprocal membership.

- shani420 - 03-23-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kaleemkahn</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com</i>
<br />@All

I am still standing by with what i have said.

@Kaleem

There should be lacking something while your brother gained ICAEW membership? Please clarify exactly how he gained ICAEW membership EXACTLY?
Icaa told him that if anyone has claimed even a single exemption in Icaew on the base of acca then he is not eligible to join icaa as a reciprocal member.
that was 2008.Shaid policy change ho gai hai.

- shani420 - 03-23-2010

For those who gain exemptions in ICAEW for university degree qualifications are also eligible for reciprocal membership.
But for ICAP case they have said that as there is an agreement b/w ICAEW and ICAP so it might not be accepted.I have mailed it again to ask further clarification.

@Kaleem

Please get that written rejection letter from CICA and ICAA which should be with your brother. Get it uploaded right in this forum.

Otherwise i can easily say that you speaking bull ****!

@All

As you see before that MoU between ICAP and ICAEW, ICAP members were not allowed that kind of generous exemptions while in case of ACCA there is no such agreement in place. ACCA get exemptions purely on the basis of merit and justification.

While ICAEW membership gained through Pathways to Membership, well, i am unsure about it but i think it will not be entitled to claim MRA between ICAA and ICAEW, as this constitute again a special recognition?

- Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com - 03-24-2010

Celebrations! as confirmed below by ICAA.I am still standing by what i have said and it's now proved.

Dear Adeel,

I believe that my earlier emails confirmed that for you and that this matter may have been confused by the website links that were provided you which were not relevant to or accepted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA).

To clarify, if you complete the required subjects of the ICAEW program & have been granted exemptions based on your study with ICA-Pakistan you will be eligible to apply for membership with the ICAA once you have obtained membership with ICAEW on successful completion of all relevant examinations.

If you are admitted directly to membership via a separate arrangement between ICAEW & ICA-Pakistan and have not completed any subjects or modules with ICAEW then you will not be eligible to apply for membership with ICAA.

Should you require any further assistance, please contact the Institute's National Customer Service Centre on 1300 137 322 or +61 2 9290 5660 Monday to Friday 830am - 600pm AEST/AEDST excluding national public holidays. Alternatively you can email service@charteredaccountants.com.au or fax +61 2 9262 4841.

Kind Regards
Keith

Senior Service Advisor

National Customer Service Centre

The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia

Street Address 33 Erskine Street Sydney NSW 2000

Postal Address GPO Box 9985, Sydney NSW 2001

ph. 1300 137 322/Int'l +61 2 9290 5660

fax. +61 2 9262 4841

email service@charteredaccountants.com.au

www.charteredaccountants.com.au

Chartered Accountants
NUMBER 1 IN NUMBERS

Where business leadership lives www.business-leader.tv

P Please consider the environment before printing this email

From adeel khan [mailtoadeelkhan656@hotmail.com]
Sent Tuesday, 23 March 2010 652 PM
To Chartered Accountants Service Centre
Subject RE MRA between ICAEW and ICAA(TO KEITH)

Hi Keith,

This is not a MRA. This is Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).

I don't understand the requirement of ENTIRE programme of ICAEW. Bachelor or Master Degree holders don't complete entire programme as well.

Previously you confirmed me that if i gain exemption into ICAEW programme on the basis of ACCA education and complete ICAEW programme by passing further papers and after that when i gained eventually membership of ICAEW then i would be eligible to claim MRA between ICAEW and ICAA. While ICAEW ENTIRE programme is not completed in this route as well?

Looking Forward,
Adeel Khan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject RE MRA between ICAEW and ICAA(TO KEITH)
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 085244 +1100
From service@charteredaccountants.com.au
To adeelkhan656@hotmail.com

Dear Adeel,

The MRA between ICAEW and ICAP is not recognised by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.

To become a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA) you must apply using your full membership from a recognised Global Accounting Alliance (GAA) member such as the ICAEW where you have not gained membership via another recognition policy or MRA.

From your earlier email I understand that you are obtaining membership with ICAEW via a recognition agreement between them and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP). If you do not complete the entire ICAEW program and obtain membership with them via the MRA you have mentioned you will not be eligible to apply for membership directly with us and would be required to complete all aspects of our Chartered Accountants Program before applying for membership.

Should you require any further assistance, please contact the Institute's National Customer Service Centre on 1300 137 322 or +61 2 9290 5660 Monday to Friday 830am - 600pm AEST/AEDST excluding national public holidays. Alternatively you can email service@charteredaccountants.com.au or fax +61 2 9262 4841.

Kind Regards
Keith

Senior Service Advisor

National Customer Service Centre

The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia

Street Address 33 Erskine Street Sydney NSW 2000

Postal Address GPO Box 9985, Sydney NSW 2001

ph. 1300 137 322/Int'l +61 2 9290 5660

fax. +61 2 9262 4841

email service@charteredaccountants.com.au

www.charteredaccountants.com.au

Chartered Accountants
NUMBER 1 IN NUMBERS

Where business leadership lives www.business-leader.tv

P Please consider the environment before printing this email

From adeel khan [mailtoadeelkhan656@hotmail.com]
Sent Tuesday, 23 March 2010 757 AM
To Chartered Accountants Service Centre
Subject MRA between ICAEW and ICAA(TO KEITH)

Dear Keith,

Please view this page.

http//www.icaew.com/index.cfm/route/157505/icaew_ga/en/Qualifications/Train_for_the_ACA/ACA_international/ACA_training_in_Pakistan

Now confirm that members of ICAEW who joined through this route can claim MRA between ICAEW and ICAA or not?

Looking Forward,
Adeel Khan

- shani420 - 03-25-2010

Adeel,
Good news for CA(ICAP) and ACCAs who join ICAEW after exemptions.

- Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com - 03-25-2010

@Shani

Do you have any update about those who gained ICAEW membership through Pathways to membership, are they able to claim MRAs held by ICAEW?

- shani420 - 03-25-2010

<br />@Shani

Do you have any update about those who gained ICAEW membership through Pathways to membership, are they able to claim MRAs held by ICAEW?
Adeel,
they didn't reply yet.Lagta hai tang a gai hain.

@Shani

Tang to hona pre ga unko kyonke hum khud tang hen )

@Sahal

When we are having a party from you as i solved quite difficult issue which was also opposed by other forum members? )