Accountancy Forum
I day notice - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: I day notice (/showthread.php?tid=7681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- bilawal - 04-30-2010

plus what about kpmg isbd. on a thread someone was asking about interview tips
whichwas scheduled today.....Did you 2 gave any test or something?

- idiot.boy - 04-30-2010

@bilawal , yaar i guess Haider Abbas is the partner in the firm S .. merya khiyal ma but there is someone named HAIDER in AFF ISlamabad ... Maybe u met him ) !!
and yaar one more thing , did they call u for 1st interview ?? kaisa howa the 1st one ??

@Aimad i hate dota P hehe man oskay graphics itnay ajeeb hain yaar, aj tak who game samjh hi nahin ai... well from tomorrow im shifting to Call of Duty ) .... barh ma jay test !! koi nahin hona .. friday ko kaha tha os nay , or howa hi nahin , ab agay ka pata nahin yaar !! is liya ash kero kuch or din P

atleast playing games are better than waiting for the call and checking after every 5 mins that PROPER SIGNALS COMING @ @ @

What a mess !!

- aimaad22 - 04-30-2010

Haha, yes. Yar Dota is a very complicated game and takes time to learn. But after that its the best game ever!!

Bilawal your words are so encouraging man!! They take 2 weeks usually for each stage. Did he tell you when the second interviews are expected? Before or after CA result? About KPMG. Well, we havent heard anything about them. The other thread was for KPMG lahore not islamabad. They said they will induct after CA result, so who knows when their test will be.

- hasanaltaf@hotmail.com - 04-30-2010

yeah i did give the interview today and it was nothing else than a brief introduction about yourself. and it kinda went well.

- bilawal - 04-30-2010

interview was kind of ok. i had trouble keeping my nerves calm
and my voice was literally trembling....They even told me taht i seemed
a bit nervous...but you ant control it, OR CAN U? the questions answers went fine.

Mr ajmal said that he had not received the list and the call can come anytime.
...."Shayad kal a jaye, main kuch keh nahi sakta"......

- bilawal - 04-30-2010

yar can an one differenciate b/w 1st and second interview. I mean will the
questions differ or not?

- aimaad22 - 04-30-2010

All I know about the second interview is that usually a partner takes it. So Im guessing its more tough, we can expect hard technical questions, and likely he will intimidate you. The people in the first interview were very nice, dont expect it from the partner!!

Dont worry about the interview bilawal, everyone is nervous. It was my first interview. My voice wasnt shaking but my elbow was literally vibrating!! Lol, it was quite embarrassing. As we move into our careers with time I think we'll grow more confident. By the way bilawal, it would be interesting to know your answer to the 'Afghanistan' question. It took me by surprise really even though I knew they had an office there.

- idiot.boy - 04-30-2010

@Aimad , yaar ab AFF ka name sun ker hi mugehy GUSA charh jata ha yaar @ @ kash who call aa jati or ............ yaar hadh ka kasam say yaar ...... i dont know whats wrong with me S everything's going wrong.. matlab meray sath hi yaar aisay hona tha (

well , what else S ... waiting list ullo ki ****

- aimaad22 - 04-30-2010

Yar, I can't even begin to imagine your frustration!! It really is an unfortunate incident. But it appears there process isnt over. I dont think they will call tomorrow as its Friday so it will probably be next week or around the CA result then. Then there's always KPMG and Deloitte, so there's plenty to hope for bro! There might be time to even apply in some smaller firms too just in case. Maybe you should change your connection too if you think its dodgy.

- bilawal - 04-30-2010

aimad, i have a tip for your shaking elbow..Lolz. Try to keep your arm straight
by resting it straight on the arm rest. if you will support your arm
with yur elbow, it will not be in a stable position and will shake.and i wasnt asked afghanistan question.What was it?

idiot.boy(p.s i dont want to call you by this name but i dont know the real one)yar there is still
kpmg and deloitte left and i bet the process is not over in AFF. so hope for the best.

- idiot.boy - 05-01-2010

@Bilawal , Yes bro ur right... kpmg is still there.. i heard alot of negative views abt deloitte, i know the partner there S not like relationship but like Meray cousin ki salam dua hay so meri b hay ... saleem i guess his name but i wont be taking this favour for my selection !!

and ur right yaar , everything happens for GOOD !! we don't know... but its really sad that there is this ICAP monopoly thing !! .. We should be given EQUAL status of CA INTER ATLEAST !! ab tu on say b gay guzray feel hotay hain , firms may they are like in ratio of 8515 !!

Lets see ) hope !!

- bilawal - 05-01-2010

what kind of negative views yar....regarding behavior with
trainees?

- idiot.boy - 05-01-2010

@Bilawal, yup u can say .. though KPMG is considered as most rigid towards trainees !! but deloite i heard negative as in kah no holidays are given , no transport allowances etc... timetable is tough clients are not that much as compared to others !!
somethings like that S ... maybe they are not true ..

- bilawal - 05-01-2010

One can never say. Yeh tu andar ja kar hi pata chalay ga.

- aimaad22 - 05-01-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bilawal</i>
<br />aimad, i have a tip for your shaking elbow..Lolz. Try to keep your arm straight
by resting it straight on the arm rest. if you will support your arm
with yur elbow, it will not be in a stable position and will shake.and i wasnt asked afghanistan question.What was it?

idiot.boy(p.s i dont want to call you by this name but i dont know the real one)yar there is still
kpmg and deloitte left and i bet the process is not over in AFF. so hope for the best.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yep I guess you're right I'll try that if it happens next time, though Im hoping it wont now, I think by the end it wasnt shaking [8D]

They asked me that if I'd be okay with going to their Afghanistan office in Kabul. They gave no other details! I gave them a maybe answer as I wasnt really sure and it really caught me by surprise!! Im amazed they didnt ask you that question!!

I agree we shouldnt worry too much about firms reputations. You hear some new story everyday from one person or the other. To me the office and environment of Deloitte looked much better than KPMG and EY! Though thats just a first impression though. I do agree most people think from Big 4 Deloitte should be the last option. So I guess we should take KPMG first if we get the chance but if we dont then we should still grab any oppportunity at Deloitte! But lets hope for AFF at the moment, next week could be a big one!!