Accountancy Forum
I day notice - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: I day notice (/showthread.php?tid=7681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- bilawal - 05-05-2010

I thimk haroonkhan is right. I dont know about ACCA`s but recruitment of CA`s
starts in Lahore after the result.You should give it a try by dropping your CV`s.

- bilawal - 05-05-2010

ANd PLZZ don blame your country.Its inhabitants are to be blamed who are doing this.Lying and deceiving has become a part of our living.We should do our bit to change it.

- idiot.boy - 05-05-2010

@bilawal , what is country ?? country is just a piece of land , and the sign is designated by the people living in it !! .. UK is also a country , smaller than pakistan , but the people working there are on pre-defined standards and policies , there are some RULES and REGULATIONS !! and which are really IMPLEMENTED !!

yahan kya hay yaar ??? kis kis logon ko blame kerain ??? when everyone's part of it , then its the piece of land which we can blame !!

Well , i dont want to get into this topic right now ... its a long debate !!

- idiot.boy - 05-05-2010

@Aimaad , i didnt get misunderstood ) .. Well if we go real deep in what was said , u focus on that there is a intence amount of difference between " THIS " and " IT " ... kahir forget it .. ab kya plan hay ??? kya kerna ha ???

@Haroun, yes man ur very right.. now we can try out different industries as well.. ACCA's are never meant to be part of audit firm always , they have a wider scope and better approach than CA's at this level !! we can work in any industry , banks , firms , insurance etc ... Thanks for the advice and wil surely work on it !! ...

- ciapk - 05-05-2010

The worth an audit firm can give u industry cant ever

- bilawal - 05-06-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by idiot.boy</i>
<br />@bilawal , what is country ?? country is just a piece of land , and the sign is designated by the people living in it !! .. UK is also a country , smaller than pakistan , but the people working there are on pre-defined standards and policies , there are some RULES and REGULATIONS !! and which are really IMPLEMENTED !!

yahan kya hay yaar ??? kis kis logon ko blame kerain ??? when everyone's part of it , then its the piece of land which we can blame !!

Well , i dont want to get into this topic right now ... its a long debate !!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
idiot.boy,you are absolutely right.But sometime these people will be replaced by our generation.So we should decide now that we will not let this happen when we reach these offices.Things can change if WE want....sooner or later.

- idiot.boy - 05-06-2010

@bilawal , ROGER THAT )

- aimaad22 - 05-06-2010

Good spirit, we have to change ourselves individually. I dont mean to brag but I had a strong reference in a big 4 firm but I didnt use it because I wanted to get in with my own ability. Although now Im wondering if this was a stupid mistake ( Anyway with small measures like this we can at least play our own parts.

Well if no firm hires us than I'll be happy to work anywhere until the next recruitment session!! Whether thats industry or teaching or whatever! Just dont want to waste time! But who in the industry will hire people with no experience?? Any ideas?? Perhaps banks etc with their trainee programs. My problem is I already applied for ICAP exemptions which is why Im even more desperate to join a firm.

About Lahore, in other threads people in have already talked about having tests and interviews in lahore. So I think its too late for ACCAs now. Only CA are likely to get hired now after result, just like in Islamabad.

Today its exactly 2 weeks for since my 1st interview!! I was really waiting for a call today because they always call on tuesday or wednesday. Im still hoping but chances look slim now. I dont want to believe Deloitte lied to our faces like kpmg. Ive heard from noone about their tests or interviews so im guessing their process hasnt started yet!(hopefully)

- bilawal - 05-06-2010

i think in the industry it`s all reference because they dont have a formal recruitment process.It`s just a guess no experience on my side.

- A.A - 05-06-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by idiot.boy</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by A.A</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by idiot.boy</i>
<br />@Aimad , hey kaisa ha yaar ??? I dont know i had some weird kind of problem accessing this website .. some HTTP 500 internal error or something like that ... dont know what it was...

kahir , i got some news.. its a nightmare , but we have to believe it ... KPMG is not calling any ACCA's now ... jinhoun nay submit kiya tha CV late , now chuti kerain !! .... now only CA's will be hired after 12th May ...

I went to KPMG on monday with my friend , he had to submit his CV , that desk man simply rejected and said no more ACCA's ... come in next session , then i asked abt the test about those who already have submitted their CV's , he rudely said that no more test even !! ...

Dil tu mera ker raha tha kah lift say jump maron seedha neechay !! RAM RAM SAT HA D

Am really sorry to hear that if this is true.

Excuse me !! .. what u mean if this is true ??? u think , its a matter of enjoyment for me coming here and spreading all this fabrication ??

what if this all is not true then ?? opposite of sorry to hear ??

Whatever i posted here is 100% True and i really dont need any empathic concerns from any1 !! What is happening around here , indeed i should blame our horrifying horrendous system , monopolists playing , and literally KILLING those who are meant to be there !!

Thats why we are, we were and we will 3rd world country !! INSHA-ALLAH !!

@aimaad22Thank you for understanding my meaning.And Anjum Asim definitely told me that they would recruit after result so you can try there.
@idiot.boyActually no.I did NOT mean that what you posted was a figment of your imagination.Rather,there isn't any official stance in all these firms in a regularized way.The KPMG guy said that he was new and he didn't know about the entry test and stuff but would notify later.You guys were discussing the acca entry test to be held on some Friday so I called KPMG about CA people,just to confirm and he said that acca's was going to be on Friday,CA's after result.And then that didn't happen.So you can tell that there is a lot of miscommunication going on and there is no official position through a formal channel yet.That's why there is obviously hope left,in KPMG,as well as other firms.As far as
"what if this all is not true then ?? opposite of sorry to hear ?? " is concerned,I will be happy that you guys will have a chance to get in Big 4
and oh,sorry that you got offended with my 'this'.The sentence was grammatically incorrect but inadvertently conveyed the wrong impression though if you had read it in good faith,you wouldn't have misunderstood.

- toor - 05-06-2010

Recruiting in KPMG islamabd is over . they recruited 15 ACCA affiliates in last month. and interesting thing is that there are total 21 appeared in test out of 15 is selected.someone in KPmg told me that there is an assignment and for they need students. KPMG ISLAMABAD hires around 30 student in last attempt which is very good figure as compare to other firms.Now they will adjust CA inter students on remaining capacity.And all 15 affiliates are require to get CA exemption first.and they will work ander CA trainee scheme . so no one is selected in KPMG islamabd on simply ACCA basis.

- aimaad22 - 05-06-2010

Toor its the same in AFF as well, they told us we would have to get into ICAP. Well thanks for the info, its sad news, if they hired affiliates why didnt they even call us for the test? I dont understand, must be because of references.

AA, can you tell me location of Anjum Asim? That is the only firm in blue area I have not been able to find though I know the address!

Today I went to HLB Ijaz Tabussum, they told me I have to get a recommendation letter made from the ACCA in order to apply there, its firm policy. Now thats the first time Ive heard of anything like that! I told them I have my affiliate certificate but it didnt matter. Screw them!! Everyday you hear some new and weird thing going on!!

Idiotboy and bilawal any news?? Ab to bohot time guzar giya ha yar!!! The only thing I can think of now is that they are waiting for the CA result so they know which CA inters they will hire and then they'll call ACCAs accordingly. That the only hope now!!

- toor - 05-06-2010

aimaad try riaz and co Islamabad office . i think they are hiring

- A.A - 05-07-2010

@aimaad22
Anjum Asim is the most difficult to find because there are 2 Ali Plazas in Blue Area.A retired resident of Islamabad helped us find it.First ask somebody where the E-block in Jinnah Avenue is.There is some space for construction or something before it.The way we went was like thiswe left an office(either Deloitte or BDO,I can't remember which)and walked straight onward for a while on the footpath,then we crossed the road and Ali Plaza was on the other side of the road.I think there is some bank next to it too but am not sure.One of the taxi drivers had a map in which all the plazas and their roads in Blue Area were mentioned,if you can find that,it will help you alot.

- idiot.boy - 05-07-2010

@Aimad, GOOD NEWS FROM MY SIDE ( for the very 1st time though P ) ... yaar AFF called me today , and again as usual , 1 day notice, tomorrow , at 1000 AM I HAVE TO BE THERE @ .. this time it was some lady who talking ... well , lets seee... revising standards on 100 miles per hour P ... maybe its the 1st interview not the 2nd one ...

(( NS. NOW I DONT WANT ANY1 TO GET UN-REMORSEFUL OUT OF IT ~~~ ))