Accountancy Forum
I day notice - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: I day notice (/showthread.php?tid=7681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- idiot.boy - 05-11-2010

@Aimad , Bilawal and A.A = > How are u guys ?? must be waiting for me to reply lolz .... [)] 3 days and website didn't work ... well ... lets start [)]

I reached AFF a bit late but was lucky enough coz the interview started at 1020.. I was amazed to see that there were like 4 to 5 guys called , i saw the list my self , and some guys had interview like in the evening session ,.. well that was amazing + encouraging..

There were 3 guys who took my interview .. 1 of them was a fatty [p] , others 2 were quite young, and before even i sat down on the chair , the very 1st question they asked me , WHAT IS UR FAVOURITE SUBJECT ?? I was shocked at first but i controlled my nerves and said AUDIT for sure [})] .. and then , OMG , the worst part of my life , questions came on me like missiles fired.. ( i noted down all the questions after the end of interview on my notebook [p])

The very 1st question he asked me , Difference between Audit strategy and Audit plan.. i answered quite well , he then asked , what should be the Auditor responces to the Assessed risks, next question was what is dual test .. i answered all of them with confidence , and then he shifted on quite hard ones [)]

now , he asked , what if there are misstatements in the opening balances ?? what might be the analytical procedures on NON FINANCIAL DATA ?? Audit procedures depend on what ?? Difference bet comparatives and coressponding figures ?? what if previous year financial statements not audited then , changes in report ??

I still managed to answer these questions , those young interviewrs were asking tough and technical questions deliberately step by step.. the last question i rem asked was , if controls are tested by a service organization what will be ur responsibilities as an auditor ( now this question i couldn't answer , so he STOPPED THERE ) !!

He was having a questions LIST in his hand i guess , he was looking down , asking as i noticed him ... now that FAT man asked abt me , family etc .. i said thanks for asking my name atleast [D]

That man asked me questions related to IAS 38 , 16 , Leases 17, on a normal difficulty level , he was quite good to me ...

In the last , those young studs asked me questions related to Financial Instruments.. I was amazed at his question , he asked me , DO U HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT FINANCIAL INSTRUMENTS IN PAKISTAN ?? i wanted to say BOND [D] JAMES BOND [D] lolz ....

i didnt reply to this i said i dont know .. then he asked me about the Available for sale and their treatment etc ...

In the end , the asked me , Will there be any problem if we send u in our Afghanistan OFfice [X] i smiled and said NO , NO PROBLEM AT ALL , INDEED I WANT TO GO THERE [p] ITS MY WISH [Wink] lolz ...

After that , they said , fine , ur quite good , confident and WE WILL CALL U FOR 2nD INTERVIEW

now this line was really out of the blue for me... i asked them is this some kind of assurance ?? the FAT man moved his head , and i said " Absolute or Reasonable " They laughed and i left the room [D]

So this was all my Interview P Time taken was about 30 mins at most [o)] ..

- idiot.boy - 05-11-2010

@Aimmad and Bilawal .. GOOD NEWS MAN !! ... After my interview i went to that molvi and asked me personally that please tell me about the 2nd interviews !! .. he said that NO1 has been called yet for the 2nd interview and the process is still going on and it will go on till the next week ... i asked any idea till when the 2nd interview process will start ?? he said i have no idea coz i will get the list from managers and then will call u guys ...

So thats quite encouraging and motivating for u guys ) .. best of luck .. There were still candiates with me ..

+ that molvi said that in the mean time get ur ICAP exemptions , coz we wont be taking any1 on ACCA basis , only on ICAP BASIS !! ....

- bilawal - 05-11-2010

Cha gaya hay yar idiot.boy. You did excellent yar and i think you are the only one who got the second interview assurance. Mubarik ho.!!!

- idiot.boy - 05-11-2010

@A.A , bht taiz ho P msg edit ker diya D lolz .. but ma nay pehlay parh liya tha what u said D hahahha .. so the thing is that , i was sitting on my laptop and was studying ONLINE D and ma test + interviews ki tension nahin layta D ...

anyways , thanks for the advice D plus 5 minutes ki break laynay say koi farak nahin parta D hahahah ...

+ best of luck ) 2 days to go ... ab apni nend nah haram ker layna result ka chakar ma P pass ho tum P

- idiot.boy - 05-11-2010

@bilawal , thanks buddy !! i heard from other seniors that AFF guys do say this that WE WILL CALL U after the interview .. S so abhi tak process start nahin howa , plus one more thing , the longest procedure is of AFF compared to other firms ... !! abhi CA inter walay aa jain gay again , then they will take test and the process might go long !!

so hope is there !!

- hasanaltaf@hotmail.com - 05-11-2010

idiot boy has to be said you were awesome in the interview , looking from what you tell and that's why i have emailed you please do reply it could be really helpful
as i am also applying for aff lahore although i have been selected at kpmg , just got a call today

anyways do reply please

- aimaad22 - 05-11-2010

I think you did well yar, it seems they asked you more technical questions than they asked me. Some of them seem quite hard! You did great yar!! By the way what in the world is a dual test? Lol. Did they ask you about first time passes? They asked me and I said I had to resit 2 papers. Thats really worring me, along with the fact I didnt answer some question rightly. The fact they told you about 2nd interview and told you they liked you is awesome man!! They didnt say any such thing to me which makes me worry! But anyway, also good to know process is still going on so there's hope, and a lot more sleepless nights!

By the way didnt the CA inters take the test with us? I think they did.

- idiot.boy - 05-11-2010

@Aimad, Thanks for ur views... aray yaar dil chota mat kero .. there were so many candidates who applied in AFF , u must be better than alot of them ... dont think like this .. i was an exceptional case , ( means 1st call hi nahin ai , then aik dam say call aa gai ) ... so thats why , and the panel was also different taking the interview .. ( as i rem u told there was a lady also )

thats why dont worry .. well they didnt ask me coz i only failed LAW S not any other exam .. i hate law yaar ... pata nahin company law kaisay hoga CA ka S ... u dont have to worry abt this , there is no rule abt the papers failed and all that .. my seniors failed 6 papers in ACCA but they are at present working in AFF !! IMAGINE !! so nothing to do with this ...

+ Dual test hota hay , Test of controls and Substantive Audit procedures at the same time ) in CAAT's this is known as parallel simulation .. ISA 330 gives detail info abt this test.. also known as Combined approach P

- A.A - 05-11-2010

@idiot.boyI read your post yesterday but was too wound up to reply.Result came today and for the first time in CA,it was a shock for me because I got a refer in Audit while a B grade in Cost Acc.B in IT was expected.Anyway,because of 1 audit,I will stay behind for 6 months though I will join a firm in my city for experience in the meantime.So CA in 2 1/2 years inshallah instead of 2.(Mod D audit is totally theoretical,not like F and I had marked myself 56,whereas the result shows a shortfall of at least 7 marks which is quite out of the blue because in 2 papers I had marked myself as close as 52 and passed.Am going to mark myself again.Have never been wrong before but I guess there is always a first.
Had been hopeful yesterday about the possible CA-Inter test at AFF according to you,but now it does not matter.At least now I know when to apply in AFF and won't miss the deadline in September inshallah like this time.Was really impressed by your interview because you were apparently calm and collected and also tried humour which usually works..Best of luck to you,aimaad22,harounkhan and anybody else who is in the same boat.
P.S I didn't know about dual test either though I had guessed it correctly!

- aimaad22 - 05-11-2010

Ah, thanks idiotboy, I'll try to remember the dual test. Yeah of course Im still hopeful, too worry and be nervous is natural I guess in our position, but Im still praying day and night!! Waisa yar I was thinking they have asked us both personal and technical questions in the first interview, I wonder what will happen in the second!! I mean, what is left??

AA good attitude man, dealing with disappointments is a part of professional studies, keep up your good attitude and inshAllah you will achieve success soon.

So the result came today. Now hopefully the process for other firms will start like Deloitte who said it will be after CA result. Any news from KMR idiotboy? Pata nahi kia horaha ha yar?? I wonder if these firms are hiring at all??

- A.A - 05-11-2010

@aimaad22Thanks.I am more shocked than disappointed because I haven't had such an experience before.All around me my friends would get results different from their expectations while my marking would turn out 100 % correct in both well and badly attempted papers.I mean,I never ever imagined Audit to drag me down.6 months!!Plus,I am not a graduate so my training would not count even if I join a good firm.But next time,I'll be eligible for all Big 4 inshallah,not 2 so that's something.

- samm1087 - 05-11-2010

@hassan first of all warm conratulates to u on this milestone
plz tell us ist question .what is going on first day at kpmg plz tell us all
activities at day ist i mean from seniors attitude towards u to
& work envirnment & work dedicated to u i mean audit ,tax & overall
r u satisfied with kpmg as whole on first day
also tell us 2nd question is recruiting process end up or not?
also tell us 3rd question in kpmg how much extent refernce count i mean tell ur personal experience whether reference from political background or professional background

awaits for reply

- idiot.boy - 05-11-2010

@A.A ... im extremely sorry to hear such a news , literally i prayed for u alot , but all in Allah hand what to bless us with and what not ! .. my commiserations and thoughts on your way ..

Even im amazed , the result date was 12th may but it came early S thats really not fair for an organisation which has a title of INSTITUTE !! ... anyways , we can't complain !!

See, one thing , keep in ur brain forever , these professional studies synonym is SHOCK !! ... The same thing happened with me in ACCA.. i failed my Law exam while i was expecting a position in it.. it happens everywhere in every professional studies , so therefore we are meant to be taking and absorbing this SHOCK thing !!

It never matters how much time more it will take u to qualify specifically in such kind of studies.. time is never a factor , never !! all my life my teachers my fellow students seniors every1 told me one thing that never see the time which ur taking to complete , always see the skils which u possess and how u do it !! thats the gem of it !!

Who kahtay hain nah kah Jo hota hay achay ka liya hota ha ) is liya dont worry , there MUST be something good for u in this, coz as its written in Holy QURAN , " Both are encompassed in the plan of life that God has designated for man "

aik or jaga ata hay kah , Beshak insaan b plan kerta hay and Khuda b plan kerta ha , but hota whoi hay jo Allah ka plan hota ha !!

so therefore , dont ever bring this 6 MONTHS in ur brain now , time ka pata hi nahin chalna !! no worries ... there are ups and downs , u never know u become an ICAP member before those who qualified CA inter in this session !!

Is liya ab yeh nahin sochna kah 2.5 years lagay , ya phir time waste ho gaya just coz of audit , NO , its better for u anyhow !! and ya , if u need any help in audit , anything , notes etc , just let me know , we are here to help u out !! .. OKAY !!

Just relax , and get this TIME thing out of ur brain ) It happens with everyone who comes in this field ) !! now smile P

- idiot.boy - 05-11-2010

@A.A , Also , congratulations on scoring a B grade in other exams !! Thats really an achievement for you !! very very very very well done !! so Thank Allah for everything , plus once again im telling u , NEVER EVER BRING THIS 6 MONTHS OR TIME PERIOD IN BETWEEN U AND UR STUDIES AND UR LIFE !! )

- bilawal - 05-12-2010

A.A, yar i also got Refer in Company Law so i guess we share the same feelings. Which city do you belong and in which firm do you intend to start your internship?

idiot.boy,your words are encouraging for me although they were for A.A.